Stewed cabbage with meat and potatoes is cooked in summer and winter.
This dish does not require advertising, quite famous and often appears on our tables.
It is perfect for dinner or lunch.
But each housewife has its own way. And some do not work at all.
Some products are boiled soft, while others remain tough or completely raw.
So how to stew cabbage with potatoes and meat to make it tasty?
Braised cabbage with meat and potatoes - general principles of cooking
For the dish we take any meat, for example, pork, beef, lamb. You can also use poultry: chicken, duck, turkey. The product is cut into slices and slightly fried separately from the other ingredients. If you use a middle-aged or hard kind of meat, then it can be put out under a lid until half cooked.
How to lay the remaining ingredients:
• Cut carrots and onions, stir fry with meat.
• Potatoes are often put raw, but sometimes fried. Tubers are cut into slices, cubes, cubes.
• Fresh cabbage can be laid or fry. Sometimes cooked with sauerkraut.
In addition to the main ingredients, tomato paste or tomatoes are added to the dish. If the vegetables are not very juicy, then you can pour in some water or broth. Spices put standard: salt. Pepper, bay leaf. You can fill the dish with fresh or dried herbs.
Recipe 1: Ordinary Braised Cabbage with Meat and Potato
The easiest recipe for stewed cabbage with potatoes and meat. The most convenient way to cook in a cauldron. But if not, then you can use a large saucepan.
• 500 grams of meat;
• 500 g of cabbage;
• 4 potatoes;
• 1 onion;
• 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste;
• 1 carrot.
1. Dice meat and stew in a cauldron until half cooked. Time depends on its type. At the end add oil. 2. Shred onion and carrot, the size of the pieces does not matter. Throw in meat and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Cut the potatoes into cubes or cubes, add to the cauldron and fry with the rest of the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
4. The last cabbage is added, which you just need to chop or cut with ordinary straw. We cover the lid and stew vegetables in our juice for 10 minutes. If the cabbage is not very juicy, then you can pour a little hot water into the cauldron.
5. Tomato paste is diluted in half a glass of water and poured into a cauldron. Dish salt, pepper, mix and cover again. Now stew until vegetables are ready. At the end, you can add chopped greens and bay leaf.
Recipe 2: Braised Cabbage with Meat and Roasted Potatoes
A special feature of this stewed cabbage dish with meat and potatoes is the preliminary roasting of the products, which makes the dish especially tasty and fragrant. Prepared with fresh tomatoes, but no less tasty is obtained with canned tomatoes. For the process to go quickly, it is advisable to arm yourself with two frying pans and a cauldron.
• 1 onion;
• 400 grams of potatoes;
• 2 carrots;
• 400-500 grams of meat or poultry;
• 500 grams of cabbage;
• 120 grams of oil;
• spices and greens;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 5-6 tomatoes.
1. Fry in a cauldron pieces of meat, you can take a bird. Fry strongly until golden brown and add chopped onion. Cook together.
2. We clean the tubers, cut into strips and fry in a frying pan with butter until golden brown. Cover is not necessary.
3. Shred cabbage, three carrots and fry together in a second frying pan.
4. Put all the vegetables to the meat with onions, mix.
5. Cut the tomatoes into 2 parts and rub on the pulp on a grate, discard the skins.
6. Pour tomato mush into the cauldron.
7. Dish need to salt and pepper, cover and simmer on low heat until the vegetables are soft. It usually does not take more than 25 minutes. 8. At the end add chopped greens, chopped garlic, bay leaf, turn off and let the dish brew for half an hour.
Recipe 3: Stewed cabbage with meat and potatoes in a slow cooker
The easiest way to prepare lunch or dinner with minimal time and effort. Multivarka takes care of most of the concerns.
• 800 grams of potatoes;
• 500 grams of pork;
• 3 spoons of tomato;
• 0.2 liters of water;
• 700 grams of cabbage;
• onions, carrots;
• spices and oil.
1. Wash the pieces of pork and cut into cubes with sides of 2 centimeters.
2. Also cut the peeled potatoes.
3. Chop the cabbage on a grater or cut into strips, chop the onion into half rings, coarsely rub the carrot, but you can also cut it into thin slices or straws.
4. Pour butter into a multicooker container, put the meat and fry in baking mode for 20 minutes.
5. Then add the onions and carrots to the pork and cook another 10 minutes.
6. Spread the cabbage with potatoes.
7. Tomato stir with water, add salt with pepper, stir and pour into the slow cooker. We mix and put on the quenching program for an hour.
8. Open the lid, mix it again, taste it. Add herbs, spices and you're done!
Recipe 4: Braised Cabbage with Meat, Potatoes, and Mushrooms
Adding mushrooms makes cabbage stew with potatoes and meat especially fragrant and tasty. And all you need is one small jar of canned champignons. But if you want, you can use fresh mushrooms, pre-fried with oil in a griddle.
• 500 grams of cabbage;
• 1 jar of mushrooms;
• 500 grams of potatoes;
• 400 grams of meat;
• oil, spices;
• 3 spoons of tomato.
1. Cut the meat into long strips and fry with butter in a cauldron to rosy color.
2. Add to it the onion sliced in half rings, fry for a minute and lay out the shredded cabbage. 3. Immediately put the potato slices, mix and cover with a lid.
4. Stew in your juice for 15 minutes.
5. From the mushrooms or any other pickled mushrooms merge the brine, cut into slices or diced.
6. Mix the mushrooms with tomato paste, add 100 ml of water, salt, pepper and pour into the cauldron.
7. We again cover and stew the dish until the end. We focus on the softness of the potato, as it is prepared by the action of tomato acid longer than other ingredients.
Recipe 5: Braised Cabbage with Meat, Potatoes and Red Beans
Initially, boiled beans were used to prepare such a dish. But since it requires pre-soaking and is cooked for a long time, the recipe has been altered under canned food. Just one jar of red beans will make a stewed cabbage with meat and potatoes much more interesting.
• 400 grams of meat;
• 500 grams of potatoes and cabbage;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 large carrot;
• 1 can of beans in a tomato or its juice;
• 2-3 tomatoes.
1. Pour the butter into the cauldron, fry the meat cut into cubes.
2. Add the carrot and the shredded onion, fry for two minutes.
3. Put the chopped cabbage, continue to fry together.
4. Clean the potatoes, cut into strips, throw in the cauldron. Add half a glass of water, simmer vegetables for about 15 minutes.
5. Open the jar of beans. If the beans are in tomato, then nothing needs to be done. If the beans are in their juice, it is best to rinse, as the marinade is often slimy.
6. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and chop finely, combine with the beans. Add chopped garlic cloves, mix.
7. Pour the bean mass into the cauldron as soon as the potatoes are almost ready. Dish salt, pepper.
8. Cover the lid and simmer for about 10 minutes so that the products are soaked in tomato sauce.
Recipe 6: Stewed cabbage with meat and potatoes in the oven
Cooking cabbage stew with meat and potatoes can be made in a clay pot (large or in small portions). But you can simply cook in a deep frying pan, but in this case you will have to cover the pot with a piece of foil so that the dish does not bake, but stew.
• 0.4 kg of meat;
• 5-6 potatoes;
• onions, carrots;
• 0.6 kg of cabbage;
• 5 tomatoes;
• spices, oil.
1. Cut the meat into cubes or cubes, sprinkle with spices, salt, stir and leave to marinate for half an hour. You can let stand longer.
2. Clean all vegetables. Cut carrots with cabbage and onions into strips, diced potatoes or cubes.
3. Scald tomatoes in boiling water, then put in cold water and remove the skin. Cut into cubes.
4. Lubricate the pot or the form from the inside with oil, it is better to take a piece of butter. Put the meat marinated in spices.
5. Now we lay out onions with carrots, then slices of potatoes, on top cabbage, and then tomatoes. Each layer should be slightly sprinkled with spices. On top of the tomatoes put a bay leaf and 2-3 peas of black pepper. Immersing them is not necessary.
6. Cover or stretch the foil, set for 70-80 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C.
Recipe 7: Sauerkraut Braised with Meat and Potatoes
For this stew of vegetables with meat you need sauerkraut. If it is too acidic, then you must first rinse in cold water or soak.
• 600 grams of sauerkraut;
• a pound of meat;
• 5 potatoes;
• 50 grams of tomato paste;
• greens at will.
1. Dice the meat and fry until golden brown in a cauldron. If beef is used, it is better to put out a little under the lid.
2. Add chopped onion to the meat, fry.
3. Then put the peeled and chopped potatoes, fry together. We make a small fire. 4. Pour some oil into the pan, squeeze the cabbage from the marinade and fry separately for 5-10 minutes.
5. We spread in a cauldron, mix.
6. Mix tomato paste with half a glass of water, add to cauldron. Salt the contents, cover and simmer under the lid for about 40 minutes.
7. Fill the dish with greenery, turn off the fire.
Braised cabbage with meat and potatoes - tips and tricks
• If fresh cabbage is used for stewing, the dish is often very bland and tasteless. Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar will help to correct the situation. They are added to the dish at the end of cooking, mixed, but it is important not to overdo it.
• Tomatoes, tomato paste and other acidic foods inhibit the preparation of vegetables. Therefore, they need to be laid in the dish not immediately, but in the middle of cooking or near the end.
• Potatoes in a stew will be especially tasty and will cook faster if you pre-fry them in a pan with butter.
• You can stew a dish of cabbage and potatoes not only with tomatoes or tomatoes. Tasty with sour cream, which is also added at the end of cooking.
• In summer and autumn, the dish can be varied with fresh vegetables: zucchini, eggplant, pepper. And in winter and spring, you can add a pumpkin cut into cubes in a cauldron, and the usual dish will sparkle with new flavors.