A stew of vegetables is not at all such an empty dish, as sometimes it seems, if you carelessly examine a recipe.
For example, well-fried eggplants can give it a very rich flavor, and the beans will make it more than satisfying.
Potatoes are often laid, cut into pieces of different sizes and prepared in different ways: small pieces are fried until brown, the large slices are left raw.
You can separately boil a couple of potatoes and knead tolkushkoy.
This creates a completely unexpected effect in the finished dish.
Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes - general principles of cooking
• Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes is fairly simple. The only trick here is to concentrate the taste of the dish. For this you will need dishes with very thick walls, suitable bowler, pan and even a roaster.
• All other utensils and fixtures - pots for boiling and sprinkling vegetables, a meat grinder, a cutting board and a grater any that you can find in your kitchen.
• Try not to chop the vegetables too small, it worsens the structure of the dish, and you risk to over-boil them.
• When preparing vegetable stews with cabbage and potatoes, do not abuse the spices, it is vegetables that give the main flavor to the dish.
• Cabbage in stews are used in different varieties, and in addition to raw, there are recipes with sour.
Vegetable stew with Peking cabbage and potatoes
• 300 grams of potatoes;
• 2-3 cloves of garlic;
• 350 grams of mushrooms (oyster mushrooms, champignons);
• carrots - 1 pc .;
• small onion head;
• 100 ml of tomato juice;
• 200 grams of Chinese cabbage.
1. Rinse the mushrooms under the tap, removing any dirt from the feet. If you have champignons, remove the peel from the caps. Put the mushrooms in a colander and, only after all the water comes off them, cut into small pieces. 2. Chop the onion finely into half rings and Peking cabbage into strips.
3. Arbitrarily, cut the potatoes into medium-sized pieces, and rub the carrot on a grater coarsely.
4. In a deep saucepan, fry the carrots with onions in the refined oil until noticeable softening. Add the mushroom slices and continue frying until the evaporating mushroom juice is completely evaporated.
5. Add potatoes to the mushrooms and pour in a little water, up to half a glass, simmer for up to a quarter of an hour. Add the cabbage to the mushrooms with potatoes and continue to simmer over low heat.
6. When the cabbage begins to soften, pour in the tomato juice, lightly salt it and add spices to taste. Mix all ingredients well, remove the sample and, if necessary, add salt. If you feel excessive acidity, add a little sugar.
7. Rub the garlic in a stew in a fine grater, again, gently stir everything and stir the dish on the fire for no more than a minute.
Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes - “Spring”
• new potatoes - 4 small tubers;
• medium carrot;
• 350 grams of cabbage;
• young zucchini - 200 grams;
• a pair of parsley and dill;
• 50 grams of olive oil.
1. With a new potato, scrape a thin peel with a knife. Rinse the tubers under running water and cut into small pieces. Rinse and pat dry with a towel.
2. In a deep skillet with a thick bottom, calcine olive oil well. Put the potato sticks and fry, constantly turning the potatoes so that they evenly covered with a golden crust.
3. Chopped carrot into small shredded straws, add to the potatoes, stir and fry.
4. After five minutes, put non-thinly shredded young cabbage, and after seven more minutes, add vegetable grated zucchini to the vegetables.
5. Add salt to taste with salt, gently but thoroughly mix and simmer on the smallest load until fully cooked. If a lot of liquid is evaporated during quenching, add boiled water. 6. Sprinkle with finely chopped greens and let it brew for at least ten minutes.
Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes in chicken meat in the oven
• 500 gr. chilled chicken fillet;
• six small eggplants;
• seven medium-sized potatoes;
• three carrots;
• two heads of salad onions;
• small head of cabbage (500 g);
• tomatoes - 450 grams.
1. Eggplants, peeled potatoes and chicken fillet cut into not too small pieces of the same size. Separate each chopped ingredient in olive oil.
2. Grind carrots with a grater, onions with a knife and fry together to an amber color. Add to them minced tomatoes in a meat grinder and simmer for fifteen minutes. Ready salt sauce, you can put any spices to your liking.
3. Put chopped cabbage into a deep fireproof container, place roasted potatoes on top of the cabbage. Next, an even layer of meat, and eggplant on it. Top with cooked tomato sauce.
4. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and put the stew in it for half an hour.
Vegetable stew with cauliflower and potatoes
• potatoes - 400 grams;
• 350 gr. white cabbage;
• small (300 g) cauliflower head;
• 900 grams of pumpkin;
• fresh green peas - 5 tablespoons;
• carrots -2 pcs .;
• small celery root;
• three onions;
• 30 grams of tomato paste;
• 20% sour cream - 250 grams;
• to taste spices and salt (preferably fine).
1. Chop the onion in medium-sized cubes, fry it together with the chopped carrot until soft and place in a separate dish.
2. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan, where the onions are fried, heat and place small pieces of pumpkin pulp, cook only until softened.
3. Centimeter cubes of potatoes, fry until a roasted brown crust is formed.
4. Pour refined oil into a large roaster or cauldron. Then put a layer of shredded white cabbage. Liberally pour it with sour cream, sprinkle with salt and put the stew under the lid on a slow heat. 5. After ten minutes, place on it the cauliflower and fresh green peas disassembled in inflorescences. Also pour sour cream and continue cooking.
6. At the end of fifteen minutes after adding the peas, report the potatoes to the vegetables, roast carrots with onions and softened pumpkin. Again, pour all the sour cream and simmer the stew for another thirty minutes.
7. To prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the container, add cold boiled water or tomato juice.
8. At the end of cooking, put the tomato paste and bring the dish to readiness.
Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes on pork
• 900 grams of cabbage;
• two bulbs;
• tomatoes - 300 grams;
• 400 grams of pork (pulp);
• three medium carrots;
• 400 grams of potatoes;
• 10 g dry basil;
1. In a large thick-walled saucepan, pour two spoons of vegetable oil. Put the tank on a strong fire and dip into it small pieces of meat.
2. When all the liquid (meat juice) is evaporated, put the chopped onion into the meat and fry until golden brown.
3. Add coarsely chopped carrots and cook for four minutes over medium heat.
4. Slice white cabbage into small pieces and shift to meat.
5. After three minutes, add small cubes of potatoes (1 cm) and continue cooking for another five minutes.
6. Reduce the heat, add the tomatoes, ground in a large grater, basil and lavrushka, stir slowly and leave for 50 minutes to stew under the lid. Stir occasionally.
7. Serve the stew ten minutes after turning off the plate. The dish must infuse.
Vegetable stew with cauliflower and “Mexican-style” potatoes
• cauliflower - a small head;
• carrot - 2 pcs .;
• two medium potato tuber;
• 200 grams of beans (canned);
• green canned peas - 120 grams;
• large onion;
• small parsley root;
• root celery, medium-sized;
• two garlic cloves; • half a lemon.
1. Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences, cut the potatoes into small slices, lower into boiling water and boil until almost ready.
2. Rinse carrots, celery and parsley roots well under the tap, cut off the peel and cut into centimeter cubes.
3. Slightly fry everything together in refined sunflower oil, add boiled cabbage with potatoes, pour in 250 ml of vegetable broth and simmer for a quarter of an hour.
4. Add beans, green peas, pour juice from half a lemon. Salt to taste with fine salt and continue to stew the stew for 10 minutes.
5. Lay finely grated garlic, stir and, turning off the heat, leave to stand for twenty minutes.
Vegetable stew with sauerkraut with potatoes and rice
• 230 grams (one cup) of long-grain rice;
• two small carrots;
• tomato paste - 30 grams;
• a glass of sauerkraut;
• three potatoes;
• to taste spices and fresh herbs.
1. Rinse sour cabbage under a tap and discard in a colander. If it is too acidic, soak it in cold water for a quarter of an hour.
2. Finely chopped carrots fry in vegetable oil in a container with a thick bottom.
3. After seven minutes, add medium-sized cubes of potatoes and cover all with tomato paste, diluted in a liter of water, over high heat, bring to a boil.
4. Salt, put rice and cabbage. Reduce heat, and, having mixed well, bring to readiness. As necessary, you can top up the boiling water, achieving the desired density.
5. Add cut greens before removing from heat.
Vegetable stew with red cabbage and potatoes
• ten medium potatoes;
• a small head of red cabbage;
• 1 carrot;
• thick tomato juice - 200 ml;
• 20% sour cream - 100 ml;
• a teaspoon of tomato puree;
• leaf of laurel;
• coriander and black pepper;
• 60 grams of butter, melted.
1. Cut the carrots into large strips, potatoes - into small long cubes, cabbage - into small-sized cubes. 2. In a cauldron or roaster, warm the oil well; pour all the spices and spices cooked into it.
3. Add chopped vegetables and simmer at the minimum heat for forty minutes. While stewing, sometimes stir the vegetables so that they do not burn.
4. In tomato juice, dilute sour cream, tomato puree and pour vegetables with this sauce when the potatoes are softened.
5. Add salt to your liking, stir the stew and cook for another twenty minutes.
Vegetable stew with cabbage and potatoes - tricks and useful tips
• Using canned beans for cooking potato and cabbage stew, take the beans in a tomato sauce. It must be carefully collected and added separately to the already prepared dish.
• Do not disturb the ordering of products. In a properly cooked stew, all ingredients should be boiled equally. If a vegetable has turned out to be more solid than we would like, use it or save it separately before laying it in the dish.
• Stew the vegetable stew only on low heat, be sure to close the lid tightly, it should not boil much.
• If possible, do not use flat covers, a convex or even an inverted pan will be more suitable. Strange, but the taste of the finished dish from this becomes more saturated.