Our ancestors called the pumpkin the queen of the garden. This vegetable is wholesome, satisfying, has a unique taste. It can serve as a base for both sweet and savory dishes. These include puffs with pumpkin. If they are cooked without adding sugar, they will be a good addition to the broth or soup, they can serve as an independent snack. If the main ingredient to add sugar, fresh or dried fruit, the puff buns with pumpkin filling will turn into a dessert. A prudent hostess does not hurt to master several recipes of this dish, nourishing and at the same time useful.
The degree of difficulty in making pumpkin-filled puffs depends solely on whether the home-made or purchased dough is taken as a base. If you decide to knead the dough yourself, it will take a long time, since in the process of cooking the puff pastry is rolled repeatedly with a half-hour interval. When using the purchased dough, the process of cooking puff pastry with pumpkin will take about 30 minutes. Regardless of what recipe you use to make pastries, knowing a few things will come in handy.
- Puffs with pumpkin can be made from both yeast and yeast-free puff pastry. In the first add less fat than the second, so that it is less calorie. However, the yeast dough has a specific flavor, which is not liked by everyone, and does not exfoliate very well, so most housewives prefer to make puffs from fresh flour basis.
- When kneading dough at home, make it 2-3 times more than indicated in the recipe. Then you can freeze part of the dough. This will allow the next time to make homemade pastries in a hurry.
- Flour for puffs is of the highest grade, as a second-rate product gives baking a gray color and a specific flavor. Any flour sieved before use to saturate it with oxygen. This makes flour easy, allows you to combine it with other ingredients, preventing the formation of lumps. Products from kneaded dough on it go more air.
- For sweet puffs, it is better to choose a pumpkin of nutmeg varieties. It has a bright flesh, a sweet taste and a pleasant aroma with nutmeg notes. For savory pies, a pumpkin is more suitable, as it contains less sugars. Such vegetables have tougher pulp and cook longer, therefore, before filling them with pies, it does not hurt to subject them to a brief heat treatment.
- In order for the pumpkin to stew during baking pies, it must be stewed or baked. You can do without preliminary heat treatment if you grind pumpkin pulp on a grater.
- To make the puffs rosy, it does not hurt to smear them with a beaten egg or yolk before being placed in the oven.
- Puff pastry is placed in a preheated oven. Bake them for 15-20 minutes. The oven door at this time is not allowed to open, otherwise the dough will fall off, and the puffs will come out less appetizing.
There are quite a few variants of pumpkin filling puffs and the technology for their preparation may have some differences. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, you should follow the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.
Puffs with pumpkin from homemade yeast-free dough
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- butter or margarine - 0, 2 kg;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 3 ml;
- salt - 3 g;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- sour cream - 50 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- pumpkin - 0, 2 kg;
- sugar - 60 g;
- vanilla, cinnamon - to taste.
- Pour boiled water into a glass, put it in a refrigerator.
- Sift flour.
- Pour a glass of flour onto the working surface of the table, top with slices of cooled oil. Chop the butter with flour until flour crumbs, collect it in a room and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Mix sour cream with salt and vinegar, add cold water to it. Whisk the mixture.
- Pour two glasses of flour on the table, make a well in the center. Pour into it the liquid of their glass, knead the dough.
- After rolling the dough, put it in the center of an oil-flour ball, wrap it in the dough and roll it out.
- Fold the dough in an envelope, put it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Then roll it again, fold it in an envelope, put it in the fridge. Repeat this manipulation 3-4 more times.
- Divide the dough in two. Put one part in the freezer for use next time.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut into 10-12 squares.
- Pumpkin, peeling and peeling, rub. Spread it into layers of dough. Sprinkle pumpkin with sugar.
- Form puffs, brush them with beaten egg.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, put puffs on it and send them to an oven heated to 200 degrees.
Bake the pies until they become rosy. Serve them for tea or coffee.
Puffs with savory pumpkin filling
- puff pastry - 0, 5 kg;
- pumpkin - 0, 2 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- butter - 20 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the pulp with seeds. Finely chop the vegetable or chop it on a grater with large holes.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- In a frying pan, melt butter, fry the onions in it until transparent.
- Add pumpkin, salt and spices. Stew the vegetables on low heat under the lid until the pumpkin is soft.
- Roll out the dough, cut into squares.
- When the filling has cooled, spread it into layers of dough. Form envelopes, put them on a parchment filled with parchment.
- Send the pan to the oven heated to 200 degrees and bake the puffs for 15-20 minutes.
If you want the puffs to be ruddy, before placing the oven, grease them with a raw egg yolk.
Puffs stuffed with pumpkin and apples
- puff pastry - 0, 4 kg;
- pumpkin pulp - 100 g;
- apple - 0, 2 kg;
- lemon - 0, 25 pcs .;
- sugar - 60 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- cinnamon - to taste;
- flour - how much will go to work with the dough.
- Peel the pumpkin and apple. Grind their pulp on a coarse grater.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon add apple and pumpkin puree, mix the products.
- Sprinkle flour over the tabletop surface and place the previously thawed dough on it.
- Roll it into a 3 mm thick layer, cut into squares.
- Place the stuffing on one side of each square, make several cuts on the other side for the steam to exit. Cover the filling with the free side of the dough, tighten the edges.
- Put the items on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brush them with an egg.
- Place the baking tray in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and cook the puffs for 15-20 minutes.
Puffs made according to this recipe have a harmonious taste and a pleasant aroma. Such baking will appeal to both adults and children.
Pumpkin puffs can be sweet and savory. There are several recipes for cooking them. Each baking option has its admirers.