Pies, buns and some other products are more deliciously made from yeast dough. From the bland they seldom come out just as soft and lush. But not every housewife will undertake to prepare the dough with yeast, especially when it comes to pastry dough: butter and eggs make it heavier, it rises heavier, which is why it is usually the most troublesome sparred method. Traditional dough is kneaded with live yeast, after which you need 1-1, 5 hours to wait for it to rise, knead and wait another 40-60 minutes, when it rises again. The total time of its preparation is 2-3 hours, and all this time the preparation requires close attention from the chef: it needs to be protected from drafts, to ensure that it does not run away and does not over-acidify. Modern technology can significantly reduce this process. For this, instant yeasts are created. They are sold in a dry form, in the form of powder from crystals of elongated form, being packaged in small packages. With their help, you can knead fast yeast dough, spending on its preparation no more than an hour.
A quick yeast dough is much easier to prepare than the traditional one; even an aspiring cook can safely tackle this task. But for this he needs to learn a few important points.
- Not all dry yeast is suitable for making quick dough. On the bag with them there should be an indication that they are instant or fast-acting (they often indicate both). If there are no such marks on the package with the product, you are dealing with the usual dry yeast, of which the dough is prepared using the traditional technology, and this process takes a lot of time.
- Instant yeast is a rapidly perishable product. If after violating the integrity of the packaging they are not used within 24 hours, the contents of the bag can be discarded - it will become useless.
- On instant yeast the dough rises quickly, but it also falls off soon. It should be used immediately after its volume increases 2-2, 5 times. It is not necessary to wait for the re-raising of this test.
- Normal yeast is activated before combining with flour and baking. To do this, they are poured with warm liquid with added sugar and waiting for the appearance of froth caps on the surface. Instant yeast does not need prior activation. They are immediately mixed with flour. However, the liquid in the dough must be added warm, sugar is also a required ingredient. Otherwise, even instant yeast will refuse to work.
- The higher the quality of the flour, the tastier and richer it will turn out is baking. Foods from second-rate flour have an unpleasant grayish color and a specific flavor.
- Flour must be sieved before use. Experienced cooks do it twice. This allows not only to rid the product of small litter and insect larvae, but also to saturate it with oxygen. After sifting, the flour becomes light, combines better with other ingredients without forming lumps. The dough from such flour rises better, baking from it turns out more tender and airy.
- Instant yeast dough, just like regular, sensitive, is afraid of drafts. In order for it to rise well and not fall off, it must be put in a warm place and not disturbed.
Fast yeast dough is as versatile as traditional. It is suitable for all types of baking, for which use the dough prepared according to the classical technology on live yeast.
Fast yeast dough on water
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- high-speed dry yeast - 10 g;
- salt - 5 g for unsweetened dough, 2 g for sweet;
- sugar - 40 g for unsweetened dough, 60-80 g for sweet;
- water - 0, 35 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 120 ml.
- Sift flour, mix it with sugar, salt and high-speed yeast.
- Boil water, let it cool to about 35-40 degrees. If the water is hot, the yeast will “brew”, in a cold environment they will simply refuse to work.
- Make a well in the flour, pour warm water into it. Stir products.
- Add butter to the products, knead the dough. First you should stir it with a spatula, you need to finish the process of kneading dough with your hands. To do this, it will have to lay out on the working surface of the table, pre-sprinkled with flour.
- Form a ball out of dough, put it in a saucepan. Cover with a wet towel and place in a warm place.
Raising a dough set on instant yeast and kneaded in water will have to wait for a very short time: 20-30 minutes. After that, it will only have to knead, and you can begin to form pies or other products. Baking made from this type of dough can be lean if you use the appropriate filling.
Fast yeast dough on kefir
- wheat flour - 0, 45 kg;
- salt - 3 g;
- sugar - 15 g;
- high-speed dry yeast - 11 g;
- kefir - 0, 25 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 120 ml.
- Kefir carefully, so that it does not curl, heat up in a water bath. Pour into a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, vegetable oil to kefir. Stir until smooth.
- Mix the sifted flour with yeast and portions into the liquid mixture, mixing the ingredients well each time to prevent the formation of lumps.
- When the dough becomes difficult to stir with a spatula, add the remaining flour to it, transfer it to the floured working surface of the table and complete the kneading process with your hands.
- Put the dough in a saucepan, cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place.
Yeast dough mixed with fermented milk products rises quickly enough. After half an hour or a little more time, it will increase by 2 times and will be ready for use as intended. Baking from this dough is tender, does not get stale for a long time. The recipe will help the hostess out if there are no eggs in the house.
Fast yeast dough on milk
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- butter or margarine - 100 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- sugar - 40-60 g.
- Sift flour, pour out a glass, mix dumped flour with dry yeast, a pinch of salt and 2-3 teaspoons of sugar.
- Heat the milk to about 35 degrees. Mix flour with it and mixed with other dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with the resulting weight cling film and place in a warm place. Leave for 15-20 minutes - during this time the sponge will do.
- In a separate bowl, shake the egg, combining it with the remaining sugar and salt. Pour the egg mass to the dough, mix well.
- Chop butter or margarine into pieces and melt. This can be done in the microwave, water bath or very low heat, not allowing the product to boil.
- Allow melted fat to cool to a temperature of about 35-40 degrees, pour in the rest of the products, mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining flour to the slurry and knead the dough.
- Put the dough in the pan, cover with a towel and place in a warm place.
The rich dough on high-speed yeast, prepared by the boil-off method, will rise in about 30-40 minutes and will be fully operational.
Fast yeast dough is prepared on special yeast - instant. It rises several times faster than that mixed with live yeast, but is not inferior to it in its characteristics.