The story of who the cooks first guessed to add condensed milk to the dough, history is silent. But the culinary experiment was clearly a success, and this practice became widespread. Dough on condensed milk can be made for cakes, muffins, cakes, pies. Baking on it is especially tender and pleasant to the taste.
The technology of making flour bases with the addition of condensed milk has a certain specificity, but is not complex. It may depend on a specific recipe. After all, yeast and unleavened dough is always done differently. However, even an inexperienced cook will perfectly cope with the task if he knows and takes into account several important points when cooking.
- Delicious dough is obtained only from high-quality flour. A second-rate product gives baking a grayish color and a specific taste; it becomes not very pleasant to eat. The difference in price between the flour of the highest, first and second grade is not so great as to save on this product.
- Condensed milk goes on sale of different quality. It is not uncommon product made from vegetable raw materials or with its addition. This condensed milk is made from whole cow's milk and sugar, other components should not be present in its composition. If the list of ingredients that make up the condensed milk that is available in your store is long, then you should refrain from buying. Savings in this case is inappropriate.
- Flour must be sifted before connecting to other components. This is done not only in order to rid it of insect larvae and small litter. The main task is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes light, well connected with other components, without forming lumps. Dough made from sifted flour rises better. Baking out of it comes out more gentle and airy.
- Condensed milk is a sweet product. If it is used for making dough, then you can not add sugar. An exception may be yeast dough, in the preparation of which sugar may be required to activate the yeast.
- When kneading dough on condensed milk, it is worth paying attention to what temperature the products need to be used for this. For biscuits, sometimes cold eggs are taken to make it easier to beat the protein (if the recipe provides for its separate beating). For yeast dough, the products needed to activate the yeast are required to be heated. Most often, dough products are used to prepare the dough, and if the recipe does not indicate how warm they should be, it is this rule that should be guided.
Dough on condensed milk may be different. For pies, you need one thing, for biscuit - another. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, it is advisable to follow the instructions accompanying a specific recipe.
Yeast dough for pies on condensed milk
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg;
- high-speed yeast - 5 g;
- condensed milk - 100 g;
- unsweetened yogurt - 0, 25 l;
- water - 120 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 20 g;
- salt - 2-3 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Transfer the condensed milk to a bowl.
- Boil the water. Pour boiling water condensed milk. Stir. Allow to cool to approximately 30-35 degrees. Other temperatures for the yeast will be less comfortable, they may not activate or even die.
- Remove the yoghurt and egg from the refrigerator in advance so that they can warm up to room temperature.
- Add them to the bowl of condensed milk. Whisk the products with a whisk to get a uniform composition.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, mix it with high-speed yeast, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the flour, pour the liquid composition to it. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add the butter, stir the dough again.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface of the table, dust it with palms.
- Put the dough on the table, knead it with your hands. The dough should be soft, even slightly sticky, but still keep its shape well. Knead it needs at least 10 minutes.
- Make a bun from the dough and put it in a large plastic bag. Bleed air out of it and tie at the very top, leaving a space for the dough inside, which will increase in volume.
- Put the dough bag in the fridge for 3 hours. If it was mixed correctly, then after the specified time it will still increase by 2 times.
It remains to remove the dough from the bag, knead and proceed to the formation of pies. Pies made from this dough are prepared only with a sweet filling, but you can both bake them and fry them in a frying pan.
Simple dough recipe for biscuits on condensed milk
- wheat flour - 0, 25 kg;
- condensed milk - 0, 25 l;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- butter - 70 g;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix it with baking powder and salt.
- Put the cooled butter directly on the flour, after cutting it into small pieces or grinding it on a grater.
- Pound the flour with butter, as if tweaking them, to the state of flour crumbs.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl of flour and butter by removing it directly from the refrigerator.
- Stir the dough with a spoon, then using a mixer. At the last stage, you can complete the process of kneading dough with your hands, but this should be done quickly, as shortcake dough does not like contact with warm palms.
- Form a ball from the dough, put it in a plastic bag, put it in the fridge for an hour.
After a specified time, you get a soft and supple shortcrust pastry. To get cookies, you need to roll it out and cut out figurines from it with special molds or a glass. Products are placed on a baking tray covered with parchment, and sent to an oven preheated to 200 degrees, where they are baked until the cookies are browned. It takes only 10-15 minutes.
Dough on condensed milk for biscuit cake
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 0, 2 kg;
- condensed milk - 0, 25 l;
- starch - 30 g;
- soda, quenched with vinegar - 5 g;
- salt - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Eggs and condensed milk should be taken out of the refrigerator in advance so that they can warm up to room temperature.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl, break eggs into it. Beat the products with a whisk or, even better, with a mixer.
- In the cream mass, add the vinegar-extinguished soda, mix.
- In a separate container, sift flour, mix it with salt and starch.
- Enter the dry mixture into the egg-milk mass. Mix the products well.
To make a cake, the dough is poured into a greased form with melted butter and sent for 30-40 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees. As long as the sponge cake is not reddened, the oven cannot be opened, otherwise it will fall off. Later, the readiness of the biscuit can be checked with a toothpick. If after diving into the dough, it remains dry, the cake is ready. It must be removed from the oven, cooled, removed from the mold and cut into two thinner cake with a large sharp knife. The cream can be used any: sour cream, boiled, made from condensed milk and butter.
The dough made according to the above recipe can also be used to make cakes and charlottes.
Condensed milk is tasty in itself, but few, except for children, eat it with spoons. Most housewives use it to make desserts. From it it turns out not only a tasty filling for nuts and other sweets. On the basis of it you can make dough for a pie, pies, cookies and other sweet pastries. Products from such a test are obtained tender and airy. The process of its preparation is quite simple, the task will be feasible even for a novice cook.