Zucchini - vegetable tender and very malleable during processing. It is perfectly combined with other products, well susceptible to spices. Nevertheless, it is not so easy to cook high-quality caviar from it. Attempts to repeat the factory recipes are almost one hundred percent doomed to failure. And the fact is that at canneries a special heat treatment technology is used - heating in autoclaves. It is too difficult for a house, but you can make countless snacks for other, no less tasty recipes.
Squash caviar with carrots - the general principles of cooking
• Caviar caviar is best cooked in cast-iron or thick-walled steel tanks - in such dishes with a long stewing, the vegetables do not burn, and they will warm up much more evenly, which will only improve the taste of the finished dish.
• For cooking, it is desirable to pick the youngest zucchini. They do not contain coarse seeds and do not require peeling. With mature vegetables, be sure to cut off the peel and choose all the seeds, as they will not soften even with prolonged quenching.
• The carrot added to caviar gives it a characteristic orange color and delicate slightly sweet taste. In order not to spoil the dishes should take small potuzatenkie roots with bright staining.
• You can put bitter onions, a little garlic, mushrooms, hot or sweet peppers, fresh tomatoes or replace them with unsalted tomatoes in the squash caviar with carrots. Season with caviar with any spices, bitter pepper is added to the spice, and fresh greens are used for the aroma. Taste regulate sugar and salt.
• Vinegar, “lemon” or freshly squeezed lemon juice is added to the winter-preserved snack.
• For canning, use well-washed, sterilized containers. Sealed blanks only sterile, boiled in water lids.
Garlic squash caviar with carrots for the winter
• young or mature zucchini - 3 kg;
• kilogram of bitter white onions;
• 120 gr. tomato paste;
• one kilogram of juicy carrots;
• one and a half tablespoons of coarse rock salt;
• 100-150 ml of sunflower, frozen oil;
• 50 gr. sugar;
• eight large cloves of garlic;
• a bunch of dill;
• one third of a teaspoon of hand-ground pepper.
1. Clean zucchini washed from dirt with a thin sharp knife from the peel, and cut into small squares or cubes, with a rib size of 1 cm. If you take middle-aged squash, be sure to remove hard seeds from them and weigh the remaining pulp. The recipe requires at least 3 kg.
2. Peel the onions, cut the bulbs lengthwise into four pieces and chop each one across with thin strips.
3. Peel the peel from the carrot and grate the root vegetable on a large grater.
4. In a deep thick-walled frying pan, and best of all in a pot, heat 70 ml of oil and dip chopped zucchini into it. As soon as the vegetable pieces are soft, gently pulling out with a slotted spoon, put the roasted zucchini in a colander and leave it for half an hour. Then transfer the vegetable to a large bowl.
5. On the remaining oil in the cauldron to transparency, fry the onion and with a skimmer too, shift it to the zucchini.
6. If there is no oil left in the cauldron, add a little more, just a couple of spoons and save the carrot in it, which you can also put in a bowl with roasted vegetables, mix.
7. Twist the resulting vegetable mass in a meat grinder and shift to the cauldron. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer with very little heat and cover for 30 minutes. Periodically open and mix the contents of the cauldron so that the caviar does not burn.
8. Add tomato paste and sugar to the stewed squash caviar, press the garlic through the press. Pour in finely chopped dill, salt and mix thoroughly. Cover the container with a lid and extinguish for another 10 minutes.
9. Pack hot caviar in sterile jars and hermetically roll up with boiled lids.
Squash caviar with carrots and mushrooms
• kilogram of squash pulp;
• 400 gr. fresh champignons or oyster mushrooms;
• three large onion heads;
• five small fleshy tomatoes;
• fresh dill;
• two sweet bell peppers;
• one large carrot;
• garlic to taste;
• a tablespoon of thick tomato;
• juice from a quarter of medium size juice;
• lean refined oil;
• a quarter of a teaspoon of hot red pepper;
• sugar - 1 tsp.
1. Rub a carrot and zucchini flesh on a large grater. Cut bitter onion into thin half rings, mushrooms - straws or small cubes.
2. Dip the tomatoes for two minutes in boiling water, then cool in cold water and, after slightly drying, remove the peel. Grind the pulp with a blender or grate.
3. Warm two tablespoons of pure vegetable oil in a deep thick-walled frying pan and dip the mushrooms into it. Heat over moderate heat until evaporated. Then add another spoonful of butter and continue to fry until they are browned. Put the fried mushrooms in a separate bowl, and place the onions in the pan. If necessary, add oil and fry for four minutes.
4. Add carrots to the onions, lightly salt and continue cooking under a lid, on a low, close to the minimum, fire.
5. After about five minutes, put the chopped zucchini, tomatoes, sweet peppers to the roasted vegetables, and continue to stew everything together, without covering for about 20 minutes, if the squash is young. It will take about an hour if the vegetables are overripe.
6. Around the middle of the stew, add the fried mushrooms and tomato, and ten minutes until cooked, add finely chopped dill. Bring zucchini caviar to the desired flavor with sugar and salt, season with hot pepper, press garlic into it with a press and add lemon juice, mix.
7. Promete caviar on low heat for another minute and spread it hot on clean cans that have been processed over steam. Roll up.
Spicy and simple squash caviar with carrots
• a pound of peeled zucchini;
• one small onion;
• three cloves of garlic;
• two small juicy carrots;
• refined oil - 100 gr .;
• one hot pepper.
• fresh greens.
1. Clear bitter pepper from seeds and chop, cut into thin strips across. On a large grater rub the carrots. Slice the peeled zucchini with thin ringlets, chop the garlic with a knife, and cut the onion into small pieces.
2. Combine the chopped vegetables, mix well and place in a deep frying pan. Pour in the same oil, add a little less than a quarter of a glass of water and simmer on low heat until vegetables are completely softened.
3. Chop the chopped vegetable mass with a blender to obtain a mushy mass and transfer it back to the pan.
4. With weak heat, simmer the eggs, stirring constantly, until it thickens to the desired density. Then cool and serve, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Squash caviar with carrots, peppers and apples
• three kilograms of ripe red tomatoes;
• 2 kg of juicy carrots;
• kilogram of bitter onions;
• sweet red pepper - 5 pcs .;
• bitter chilli pepper - 1 pc .;
• three large apples;
• one and a half tablespoons of sunflower oil.
1. Peel off the peel and completely remove the seed boxes from the apples. Cut off the peel from zucchini and be sure to select the seeds, if any.
2. Scald the tomatoes and remove the peel from them. Choose seeds from the peppers, cutting them lengthwise into two parts.
3. Peeled onions, carrots and all other prepared ingredients cut into arbitrary pieces and twist in a meat grinder. Combine everything in a large thick-walled saucepan, pour in the oil and put to boil over low heat.
4. After about three hours, when all the moisture has evaporated and the caviar thickens, add granulated sugar and salt, bringing to the desired taste.
5. Boil and immediately lay in jars, roll up.
Refined spicy squash caviar with carrots
• 200 gr. bitter white onions;
• young squash - 300 gr .;
• a few cloves of garlic;
• 200 gr. carrots;
• two teaspoons of ground paprika;
• 1/3 tsp. cardamom and dry ginger;
• two leaves of laurel;
• a teaspoon of sugar;
• 100 ml of drinking water;
• refined, frozen oil - 50 ml;
• 1/2 Art. l fine salt;
• a small pinch of “lemon”.
1. Shred a carrot on a large grater and chop onions into small pieces into the largest and thick-walled stew pan. Pour vegetable oil into vegetables and stew on low heat, cover with a lid until soft.
2. Add zucchini, grated on a large grater, stirring and continue to simmer. Approximately 20 minutes later, add paprika, laurel, ginger and cardamom. Add finely chopped garlic, sweeten, lightly salted. Pour in water, mix thoroughly and cover again. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for another half hour.
3. Slightly cool the vegetables, remove the honeycomb and chop the blender until smooth. You can twist in a meat grinder, then the snack will have a granular structure.
4. While stirring, add “lemon” crystals and put the stew again on moderate heat until all moisture is gone.
5. Spread zucchini caviar in clean, dry jars; do not pre-sterilize containers. Place the filled container in a cold oven, heat it to 160 degrees and hold the jars for at least 10 minutes. Then gently reach and roll.
Recipe of Georgian flavored squash for caviar multicooker
• three large onions;
• small zucchini - 4 pcs .;
• three sprigs of cilantro and dill;
• one carrot;
• hops-suneli - 1/2 tsp;
• a tablespoon of finely chopped walnuts;
• grape vinegar - 1 tbsp. l .;
• vegetable oil - 60 ml;
• half a spoon of ground paprika.
Cooking Method: 1. Slice the carrot and chopped onion into small pieces in the cooking bowl.
2. Add vegetable oil to the vegetables and turn on the device on the “Baking” or “Frying” options by setting the timer for one hour.
3. After about a quarter of an hour, add the prepared zucchini and continue cooking without changing the mode. Do not forget to mix, otherwise the vegetables will burn.
4. After half an hour, season the caviar with spices, add a little chopped greens, pressed through the garlic press. Stir well and let cook until the end of the installed program.
5. At the end of cooking, enter the vinegar, add the crushed nuts, mix.
6. If you want to preserve, pack the squash caviar in sterile jars and sterilize for 15 minutes in the oven. Then remove and roll up immediately.
Squash caviar with carrots - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Do not use in the process of cooking enamelware. Even with frequent stirring vegetables in such containers will burn.
• If you like homogeneous caviar - smash it with a blender, a grainy snack will turn out if you twist it in a meat grinder.
• Home-made caviar will be more tender if you choose young zucchini for cooking. They can not be cut off the peel, as it is well steamed with prolonged extinguishing.
• To avoid the additional sterilization of a preserved snack, put the jars on the lids and wrap the blanket tightly around it. Turn only after complete cooling.