This is really something, but cooking squash caviar seems completely empty. It is worth it - a mere trifle, in stores of various kinds - more than enough, why bother with canning? But not everything is so simple. This, “as in childhood” zucchini caviar - still, come, find it. Most manufacturers will replace tomato with dye, they will not fry, then they will save on what else. So if you want to remember the taste of a wonderful, still Soviet standard snack, feel free to choose a recipe!
Squash caviar with apples for the winter - general principles of cooking
• All vegetables used in cooking squash caviar for the winter are carefully selected. Vegetables damaged by rot cannot be taken, even if bad areas can be removed.
• Caviar can be cooked not only from young zucchini, overripe ones will do, if their flesh is thick. In this case, you will need to remove the coarse seeds from the vegetable and cut the peel.
• Squash caviar is cooked mainly with vegetables, but no less remarkable is squash caviar with apples. Fruits very well shade its taste, bringing its notes into the dish.
• Vegetables and fruits are rinsed and washed, then cleaned and crushed, cut into pieces, rubbed on a grater or twisted in a meat grinder. Then boil to the desired thickness with the addition of spices, spices and other components. Often, some vegetables are pre-fried and only then added to zucchini and stewed. If the density of the finished caviar does not suit - boiled vegetables are additionally interrupted by a blender, bringing to the desired consistency.
• For long-term storage, squash caviar is still hotly packaged in sterile glass containers and hermetically sealed with special lids, wrapped around them with a key for rolling. Some types of squash caviar with apples are not subject to preservation, it is closed with nylon covers and stored in the refrigerator.
Squash caviar with apples and carrots for the winter
• red tomatoes - 3 kg;
• 700 gr. sweet red pepper;
• a pound of apples;
• salad onion - 400 gr .;
• carrots - 700 gr.
• allspice - 12 peas;
• three large zucchini;
• four leaves of lavrushka.
1. Rinse all vegetables with running water. Cut the apples and tomatoes into halves, cut the stems from the tomatoes, and cut the hearts of the apples and cut everything into slices.
2. Cut the peel off the carrot, remove the stalks from the sweet pepper and select seeds and partitions from the inside. Cut the carrot and pepper into small pieces.
3. Place the smallest lattice on the meat grinder and pass through it all the prepared vegetables and apples.
4. Put the mixture in a large container and put the stew on low heat, do not cover with a lid. The wider the dishes will be, the faster the vegetables will be quenched, the moisture will leave more and the caviar will be thicker.
5. Cut the onion into small pieces and chop it lightly in vegetable oil. Do not overcook as soon as the pieces become amber, immediately remove from heat and add to the pan to the bulk after an hour of quenching.
6. Protmet the squash caviar with apples over low heat for another half an hour, put it in sterile half-liter jars, cover with boiled lids, immediately roll up.
Spicy squash caviar with apples and tomatoes
• onions, white onion - 500 gr .;
• Kilo young juicy zucchini, of any kind;
• ripe apples - 500 gr .;
• fresh ginger root - 25 g .;
• kilo fleshy tomato;
• a pound of sugar;
• white wine vinegar - 60 ml;
• a teaspoon of allspice, peas;
• carnation umbrellas - 12 pcs .;
• a small handful of raisins;
• 1/2 tsp. ground in coriander mortar.
1. Wash the tomatoes, cut each one crosswise in the area of the stem and lower for two minutes into the boiling water. Transfer to a large bowl with cold water, and after a minute, remove and remove the skin from the fruit. 2. Wash the zucchini and cut off the peel if it is hard.
3. Cut the core out of the apples and be sure to peel it.
4. Cut the tomatoes, zucchini and apples into small-sized cubes of approximately the same size, and mix, laying out in a large container.
5. On thin half rings, chop the onion and send it to the chopped vegetables and apples.
6. Enumerate the raisins, scald it with boiling water and dry well.
7. Put the cleaned ginger, put all the spices and spices on a piece of cheesecloth, tie a bag, put it in a vegetable mixture. Pour wine vinegar there, mix.
8. Put the container on moderate heat and, while stirring continuously, bring to a slight boil. Then lower the temperature and simmer under the lid tightly closed for about an hour.
9. Take out the caviar bag with spices and spices, and instead put the raisins, add salt and continue cooking for another half hour.
10. Put the ready squash caviar with apples into clean, dry jars, close them with capron lids and put into the common chamber of the refrigerator after cooling. Caviar will infuse a little and be ready in two weeks.
Squash caviar for the winter with tomato
• three kilos of young zucchini;
• four heads of bitter onions;
• 350 gr. unsalted thick tomato;
• tablespoon of sugar;
• half a spoon of ground pepper;
• large carrot - 4 root vegetables;
• 150 gr. refined oil;
• two heads of garlic.
1. Wash carrots and zucchini thoroughly with warm water. Peel the carrots, and cutting off the peel from zucchini is not necessary.
2. Peeled onions and young squash cut into centimeter, or slightly larger, cubes, grate the carrot coarsely. Finely chop the garlic with a heavy knife.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a thick-walled cauldron and put it to warm over medium heat. As soon as light streams of whitish haze appear above the surface, immediately lower the chopped onion and grated carrot. Stir, lower heat slightly and simmer vegetables for seven minutes while stirring. 4. Add zucchini, garlic, ground pepper, add sugar and lightly salt it. Put the tomato on top and mix, continue to simmer.
5. About an hour later, when all the vegetables are softened, remove the cauldron from the stove and gently smash the eggs with a blender to the desired consistency.
6. Return the eggs to heat, boil them and put them into cans prepared for canning, roll up the key.
7. The output is about three liters of a wonderful snack.
Squash caviar for the winter with bell pepper - “Krasnodarochka”
• one kilogram of pulpy Bulgarian pepper;
• a pound of white onion;
• two kilograms of any zucchini;
• 1 kg. carrots;
• fleshy ripe tomatoes - 1 kg;
• half a liter of lean refined oil;
• 300 gr. garlic;
• granulated sugar - 150 g .;
• 50 ml of table vinegar;
• two small bunches of parsley;
• pod of red hot pepper.
1. At the dried dried zucchini cut the tails, peel the carrot and rub the vegetables through a medium grater in different bowls. Drain out of zucchini and slightly squeeze the chopped vegetable.
2. Chop small onions and Bulgarian pepper. Tomatoes free from the stalk and cut into slices.
3. Carefully untie the bunches of greens, wash the parsley under water, then shake off the water droplets from it and spread the twigs on a towel.
4. Twist parsley, tomatoes and garlic in a meat grinder. Pour vinegar into cooked tomato sauce, add sugar and add 70 grams of fine salt.
5. Fill all vegetable oil into a deep, wide stainless steel container and warm it well on a little heat. Do not heat up!
6. Dip chopped onion in hot oil, and roast it for 10 minutes, add carrots, mix and continue cooking.
7. After waiting 15 minutes, pour the tomato in to the roasted root vegetables, stirring occasionally boil. In the boiling vegetable mass, lower the crushed zucchini and chopped bell pepper, stir and bring to the boil again. 8. Boil the squash caviar with a slight boil for one hour and roll up with metal lids, spreading them on clean cans.
Squash caviar for winter with mayonnaise - “Sissy”
• six large young zucchini;
• unsalted tomato paste - 350 g;
• one kilogram of onions;
• 20 ml of table vinegar;
• granulated sugar - 200 gr .;
• two small heads of garlic;
• spoon ground pepper;
• 250 gr. fat, non-flavored mayonnaise.
1. Cut off the tails of zucchini, cut peeled onions into slices. Twist the prepared vegetables in a meat grinder and pour the vegetable mass into the cauldron.
2. Add tomato paste, add sugar, vinegar, add three spoons of salt and mix well.
3. Pour in the oil, stir and put on a little heat.
4. Approximately after two hours, when the vegetable mass is almost half full, put mayonnaise into it, press garlic with a press, pepper and, stirring well, boil for another half hour.
5. Then transfer the caviar to prepared sterile jars and close hermetically with canning lids, having rolled them well with a sealer key.
Squash caviar for the winter with hot pepper - “Spark”
• medium-sized squash, young - 1 kg;
• onion salad onion - 1 kg;
• 300 gr. savory carrots;
• 20 ml of sunflower refined oil;
• red fleshy tomatoes - 300 gr .;
• large head of garlic;
• two pods of bitter red pepper.
1. Slice the carrots into centimeter-thick ringlets, cut the zucchini into large cubes or cubes, and cut the tomatoes into slices. Chop the onion coarsely, select the seeds from the bitter pepper and twist it together with the garlic in the meat grinder.
2. In a thick-walled skillet with high sides, warm the vegetable oil and dip the onion in it.
3. When the onion slices become transparent, add the carrot and fry, stirring occasionally, until a light blush appears on the carrot. 4. Fold the zucchini in a thick-walled pot and turn on the minimum heat. Salt lightly and leave to stew under a lid.
5. When the zucchini will give juice, add to them roasted root vegetables, mix and continue cooking under the lid for another quarter of an hour.
6. Add the tomato slices, stirring, and continue to simmer.
7. Ten minutes later, add chopped pepper and garlic into the squash caviar, mix thoroughly, stew for another minute and temporarily remove it from the stove.
8. Smash the prepared sharp caviar until smooth with a blender or grind through a metal sieve. Again put on the stove, quickly boil and arrange hot on the banks. Roll up.
Squash caviar with apples for the winter - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• If the vegetables are not chopped, but twisted in a meat grinder or grated, it will take much less time to boil.
• Stir the eggs more often, not letting the vegetable mass stick to the bottom of the pot, and make sure that the fire is minimal, otherwise it will burn.
• Salt, like sugar, it is desirable to add at the end and in small amounts, then carefully stir and adjust the taste by adding one or another component.
• Caviar canned for the winter, before cooling, is kept under a warm blanket, placed on the lid.