Hundreds of various dishes are made from rice, and all of them are quite popular due to the taste and availability of cereals.
Italian risotto is considered to be one of the common rice dishes, along with Uzbek plov.
Seafood risotto - general principles
Far from all rice varieties are suitable for making risotto, so that the dish has the right consistency and proper taste, take those varieties that contain a sufficient amount of starch: padano, arborio, baldo, and Maratelli. If you are unable to find such cereals on the shelves of the store, use any round grain, choosing not crushed, coarse cereals.
Seafood can be used squid, shrimp, mussels, octopus, sea cockerels and more. Get them mostly in frozen form. Interesting and not burdensome in the preparation of the mix of marine reptiles. Seafood is prepared separately from rice and injected into the already prepared cereal.
Another important component of the dish is broth. It is he who gives rice the structure and consistency of this risotto. You can use meat, and mushroom, and fish broth, it is permissible to take vegetable broth or plain water, mixed, for example, with tomato and spices.
1. Seafood risotto
• half a cup of rice cereal;
• squid - 80 g;
• a little olive oil;
• 1 fresh octopus;
• 6 mussels;
• 5 sea cockerels;
• 5 shrimps without heads;
• parsley - a small bunch;
• 3 mini cuttlefish;
• allspice powder, salt - on a pinch;
• onions - 1 pc .;
• carrot - 1 pc .;
• some tomato puree;
• flour - 1 handful.
1. Boil the rice groats.
2. Wash all seafood and finely chop it with a knife, put it on a hot frying pan with olive oil, add chopped parsley and fry for a few minutes.
3. Put the previously boiled cereal into the pan for seafood and fry for another 3 minutes. 4. Pour the wine to the contents of the pan, stew until it is completely evaporated.
5. Slowly pour small portions of broth (preferably fishy).
6. Preparation of the sauce: fry the onion - crumb, carrot on a fine grater until golden brown.
7. Add tomato puree to vegetables, warm for 3 minutes.
8. In another pan, fry the flour and pour it over the vegetables, stir well, pour with cold water or broth, mix again and boil for 3 minutes.
9. Pour in tomato sauce to seafood, a little stew.
10. Put the finished risotto on a serving plate, sprinkle with parsley.
2. Risotto with seafood and mushrooms
• rice groats - 15 tbsp. spoons;
• chicken broth - 1 liter;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• onion head;
• garlic - 1 tooth;
• white wine - half a cup;
• different seafood - 0.5 kg;
• 3 champignons;
• Parmesan cheese - 1 pack;
• saffron, basil - 5 leaves each;
• salt, pepper and allspice powder - on a pinch.
1. Boil the croup and put it in a separate dish.
2. Clean the champignons, rinse, and fry a little in the pan with oil.
3. Wash all seafood, finely chop and add to champignons, stew for a few minutes.
4. In a separate frying pan with olive oil, fry the onion, minced with a knife, for one minute, put it on a plate and set aside.
5. On the same pan, pour olive oil again, squeeze the garlic through the garlic press and fry a little.
6. Put the boiled cereal to the garlic, mix well, add the leaves of saffron and basil.
7. Pour wine in rice, mix again and sweat until evaporation.
8. Pour in some chicken broth, mix, so that the rice is completely absorbed.
9. Pour the rest of the broth, mix again and simmer over moderate heat.
10. Spread seafood with mushrooms, onion in a pan to the rice, stir, salt and pepper.
11. When serving, put risotto on a plate, sprinkle with cheese, decorate, beautifully laid basil leaves.
3. Risotto with seafood in a multicooker
• rice groats - 12 tbsp. spoons;
• different seafood - 300 g;
• 150 ml of white wine;
• 2 bulbs;
• 1 carrot;
• Canned corn and peas - on the floor of the jar;
• broth - 600 ml;
• a little butter;
• salt, pepper fragrant powder, any seasoning - 30 g;
• dill, parsley - 3 leaves each.
1. Put the carrot, grated on a coarse grater, onion into half-rings in the crock-pot, set the appliance to the frying mode for five minutes, and fry the vegetables.
2. Add rice a little more to fry.
3. Adjust the slow cooker to the “quenching” mode, pour wine into the vegetables and rice, add seasoning and sweat until the wine evaporates.
4. Pour in the broth, switch to “porridge” mode, boil for several minutes.
5. In a frying pan on the stove, put a piece of butter, put the sea shake and fry a little.
6. Put fried seafood in the crock-pot to all prepared ingredients.
7. Add corn with peas, mix well, add seasoning, salt and pepper, fry a little.
8. Turn off the device and insist with the lid closed for half an hour in the “heating” mode at minimum power.
9. Put risotto on a portion of the dish, on top of the beautifully arranged parsley leaves.
4. Seafood risotto in cream sauce
• long grain rice cereal - 1 cup;
• any seafood - a little less than half a kilogram;
• cream (not very fat) - 250 ml;
• vegetable decoction - half a liter;
• 3 leaves of shallots;
• white wine - 80 ml;
• cooking oil - a small amount;
• allspice powder, salt - on a pinch;
• any greens - 1 bunch.
1. Put the onion into a hot frying pan with oil - fine chips, fry on low heat until transparent.
2. Wash the croup and put it to the onion, stir well, fry for a few minutes.
3. Pour in the wine, sweat until evaporation.
4. Constantly stirring the cereal, pour in a little broth, stir well, then add more broth. 5. Add cream, washed seafood, sprinkle with salt, pepper, a little sweat.
6. Put the finished risotto on a plate, sprinkle with chopped greens.
5. Seafood risotto and zucchini
• 1 zucchini;
• 1 squid;
• 6 shrimps;
• 200 g of rice “Arborio”;
• clove of garlic;
• a mixture of olive and sunflower oil - 150 ml;
• 2 sprigs of rosemary;
• paprika powder - half a bag;
• allspice and burning powder, salt - 35 g each;
• white wine - 30 ml;
• vegetable broth - half a liter;
• 1 onion.
• zucchini flowers.
1. Cut the prepared squid into strips, fry in a pan with olive and vegetable oil for a couple of minutes.
2. Squids put in a plate, wash the pan.
3. Put the onion, chopped in fine crumb, with chopped garlic, add a sprig of slightly squeezed rosemary to the hot frying pan, fry to a transparent color. After frying, remove the rosemary from the pan.
4. Pour the cereal into the pan, fry until the broth is absorbed.
5. Pour wine into rice and sweat before evaporation.
6. Pour broth ladle and boil on low heat for 25 minutes, with frequent stirring, until the broth evaporates.
7. A few minutes before the end of cooking, put zucchini - straw, salt, pepper, stir everything.
8. Add seafood, stir again.
9. Add the remaining sprig of rosemary, cook the cereal until half cooked.
10. When serving, lay out risotto on an à la carte dish, sprinkle with a mixture of red and black pepper.
11. Top it is nice to put zucchini flowers.
6. Dietary risotto with seafood
• steamed and wild rice - 75 g each;
• different seafood - 0.5 kg;
• A couple of garlic cloves;
• 2 tomatoes;
• white wine - 200 ml;
• allspice powder, salt - 30 g;
• onion head.
1. Pour two types of rice in the pot, warm it up without oil, add chopped garlic.
2. Pour the wine, stir, close the lid and sweat until evaporation. 3. After the wine has evaporated, pour in the water. Stir for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In another skillet, fry the onions, chopped into fine crumbs, in butter for a few minutes.
5. In the pan with onions add chopped finely seafood, a little sweat.
6. In a pot to add rice without peeled tomatoes - in slices, mix well.
7. Put the seafood with onions in rice, mix thoroughly, stew for no more than five minutes.
8. Serve on a plate, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Seafood risotto - tips
• For cooking risotto do not use previously cooked broth, only freshly brewed.
• The broth cannot be poured in one run, risotto is prepared by pouring liquid in small portions.
• Before cooking the rice is recommended to fry until transparent in a mixture of olive (vegetable) and butter.
• The taste of seafood risotto will be softer if you add a little grated cheese, butter or pour cream. Add additional ingredients after the dish is ready.
• Usually rice for risotto is not washed, in order to “not lose” the necessary starch. But if you doubt the purity of the cereal, rinse it, but do not soak it.
• To ensure that all ingredients are cooked and cooked to the desired consistency, select the correct dishes: a saucepan or a deep frying pan with high sides and a thick bottom.
• To prevent risotto from burning, do not turn on high heat and do not forget to stir the dish from time to time.
• Salt risotto is better at the end, since both the broth and the ingredients used may already contain salt.
• Risotto is served with sherry or vermouth.