Rice is a favorite side dish for many, and this is not surprising.
Gentle, crumbly cereal goes well with fish, vegetables or meat. In addition, rice groats are very helpful.
It contains vitamins of group E, B and PP, as well as all the necessary minerals.
But, unfortunately, not every housewife knows how to cook rice so that it is crumbly. That is why many do not prepare it for a side dish.
We will tell you all the secrets and tricks of cooking crumbly rice.
How to cook rice so that it is crumbly - the basic principles of cooking
Methods and time of cooking rice depends on its variety. Not all varieties are suitable for making crumbly rice. The perfect crumbly side dish comes out of long grain rice. Round-grained and medium-grained quickly absorb water and stick together in the process of cooking. These varieties of rice are used to make casseroles, risottos, puddings, and soups.
So, how to cook rice to make it crumbly? The first thing we do is soak the cereal. But before that we wash it several times. We do this in order to wash off the surplus starch, husks and dust from the cereals. After that, soak for half an hour in cold water.
There are three ways to cook rice to make it crumbly.
Method one. Rice cereal is washed well. Then pour it with cold filtered water and leave for an hour. Rice should absorb almost all the water. Now add a little more drinking water and boil over low heat for about five minutes without stirring.
Method Two. The croup is washed in several waters, and soaked for a quarter of an hour. Then the rice is thrown on a sieve and waiting for all the water to drain. They put a pan on the fire and heat it well. Spread rice in it and, while constantly stirring, cook until the moisture evaporates completely. After that, the dried rice is sent to the pan with the broth, put on the fire, and cook, from the moment of boiling, ten minutes under the lid. Third way. As in the first two methods, the rice is washed and poured into boiling water. Wait, when boil and throw back on the sieve. It is washed under a tap and again lowered into the water, only already in the cold. Put on the stove and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
Remember that the proportions of rice and water should be about 1: 2. Cook the rice in any of the three ways, and you will get a crumbly and tasty side dish.
Recipe 1. Crumbly rice
two and a half cups of rice;
a pinch of nutmeg;
5 g of turmeric;
20 g of salt;
5 g ground paprika;
50 ml of vegetable oil.
Method of preparation
1. Measure out the right amount of rice cereal and pour it into a cauldron or thick-walled pan.
2. Boil water in the kettle and pour boiling water over the rice. Leave the croup to infuse for ten minutes. The water will become as white as milk. After this time, drain the water and rinse the cereal under running water, rubbing it with your palms. The procedure is repeated until the water is clear.
3. Transfer the cereal to the cauldron. Pour water into rice so that its level is above the grain by two centimeters.
4. Add turmeric, nutmeg and paprika to the rice. It will make rice garnish tasty, spicy and flavorful. Pour in vegetable oil, salt and mix everything well.
5. Put the cauldron on the fire and cook over a minimum fire, covered with a lid, for 20 minutes. Do not open the lid during cooking and do not mix rice.
Recipe 2. Crumbly rice in a slow cooker
a glass of long grain rice;
30 ml of olive oil;
two glasses of broth or filtered water;
a pinch of salt;
clove of garlic.
Method of preparation
1. Pour rice cereal into a bowl and rinse thoroughly under running water.
2. We transfer the washed rice into the multicooker container, fill it with broth and salt. Put garlic cloves in the middle of rice. We include the program “Rice” or “Porridge” and cook the cereal for half an hour. 3. After the beep, open the multicooker lid and remove the garlic. Pour olive oil into rice porridge and mix. Served as a side dish to fish or meat dishes.
Recipe 3. Crumbly rice with vegetables
one and a half cup long-grain rice;
three glasses of purified water;
a pinch of ground black pepper;
50 ml of soy sauce;
Method of preparation
1. Measure out the required amount of cereal and pour it on a clean table surface. Go through the rice and put it in a deep bowl. Pour the cereal with water so that it completely covers the rice. Stir and drain the whitened water. The procedure is repeated until the water is clear. Put the washed rice on a sieve and leave it to dry the croup.
2. Put a pot of water on intense fire. As soon as the water boils, lightly salt it and pour in a little vegetable oil. Stir and pour the washed rice into the boiling water.
3. Stir the croup so that it does not have time to stick to the walls of the pan. Cover and cook the rice for three minutes, until the water boils again. Then reduce the heat to minimum and cook until ready. Turn off the fire.
4. Vegetables clean and wash. Onions cut into small pieces, carrot crumble into thin bars.
5. Heat on medium heat a little oil and fry the chopped vegetables in it until golden brown, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula. Put the fried vegetables on a plate.
6. Put boiled rice in a frying pan and distribute it evenly along the bottom. Fry for three minutes, pepper and salt. Now add the roasted vegetables and mix until smooth. Pour the whole soy sauce, stir with a spatula again, turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Serve as a side dish with fish or meat.
Recipe 4. Crumbly rice with beans, green peas and corn
two cloves of garlic;
rice - 200 g;
broccoli - 100 g;
100 g of green beans and green peas;
a can of corn;
Method of preparation
1. Put the rice washed in several waters into boiling, lightly salted water. Cover the pot and cook the cereal for a quarter of an hour on minimal heat. Turn off the heat and set the rice aside.
2. Peel the garlic, put a deep frying pan on the fire and pour in olive oil. In hot oil, fry the crushed garlic cloves. Then remove them, we only need the flavor of garlic.
3. Vegetables cleaned and washed under the tap. Finely chop the onion. Carrot cut into large quarters. Vegetables send to the pan and fry until soft. Sprinkle them with a mixture of dried herbs, pepper and salt.
4. Now add the green string beans cut into pieces and frozen green peas. Stirring constantly, fry for five minutes.
5. Add canned beans and fry for the same amount of time.
6. Broccoli disassemble into inflorescences and cut into slices. Add to the rest of the vegetables and fry for five minutes. Pour some boiling water into the vegetables and simmer, covered with a lid, for a quarter of an hour. If, after this time, not all the water has evaporated, reduce the heat and extinguish a little more, without covering with a lid. Add rice to the vegetable mixture, mix and heat for ten minutes, covered with a lid. Serve as a separate dish or side dish.
Recipe 5. Crumbly Zucchini Rice and Broccoli
120 grams of rice cereal;
ground black pepper;
60 g carrots;
70 g onions;
10 g butter;
70 g zucchini and broccoli;
50 ml of vegetable oil;
70 grams of canned corn;
2 cloves of garlic.
Method of preparation 1. Wash and boil rice until done with one of the above methods.
2. Onions, garlic and carrots peeled, washed and cut into small pieces. We put the pan on the fire, heat it, pour in vegetable oil and add butter. Lay the garlic in the pan, after 30 seconds put the chopped vegetables. Fry over moderate heat for three minutes.
3. Wash the broccoli and prune the florets. Zucchini wash and cut into cubes. Put the broccoli and zucchini in the pan and continue to fry for another couple of minutes. Then we cover with a lid, we twist the fire and we torment the vegetables for the same amount of time.
4. Add the corn, stir and warm it all together for another minute. Then put boiled rice, season with salt and spices and mix everything again. Cover with lid and warm for a couple more minutes. Served as a separate dish or as a side dish.
How to cook rice to make it crumbly - tips and tricks
- To make the rice crumbly, strictly observe the proportions of the volumes of water and rice. It should be 2: 1.
- Pour boiling water over rice.
- Cook rice in a thick-walled pot or cauldron.
- After cooking, do not open the lid for at least another quarter of an hour.
- Rice salt at the end of cooking.