Meat dishes with rice is not only a popular pilau.
Varieties of such foods are more than enough.
Remarkable compatibility of rice with vegetable side dishes and sauces allows you to cook completely different-taste dishes, just replacing a set of vegetables, or a variety of meat.
Rice with meat in a slow cooker - general principles of cooking
• The choice of rice depends on the specific dish and is always indicated in the recipe. Rice cereal must be carefully picked and washed. Then dried on a sieve and follow according to the described recipe.
• With rice, you can cook any kind of meat: beef, pork, lamb or poultry. Often used in the preparation of mixed minced meat.
• Virtually no dish made from rice with meat is complete without vegetables. Often added - onions and carrots, in some dishes you must put the Bulgarian pepper and tomatoes. Vegetables are pre-pasted in a small amount of vegetable oil or fat along with pieces of meat and only then mixed with rice. Often with rice and meat in a slow cooker, stew cabbage. It can be both fresh and fermented.
Rice with meat in a multicooker - crumbly “Uzbek pilaf”
• one kilogram of polished rice (long grain);
• lamb with bone - 1 kg;
• 150 ml of refined oil;
• 2 bulbs;
• a pair of garlic heads;
• a pound of carrot;
• a tablespoon of seeds of spira;
• small hot pepper pod.
1. Sort the rice cereal and rinse thoroughly on a sieve under running water. After that, pour the cereal into a bowl, cover it with lukewarm water and leave it for half an hour. Then carefully strain all the liquid and dry the rice on a sieve.
2. Cut the peeled carrot into very fine straws, put into a bowl and lightly sprinkle with sugar (no more than pinch), mix. Onion chop thin half-rings. 3. Wash the pepper. Pay special attention to its integrity. If there is damage, replace it, otherwise the pilaf will be too sharp.
4. Without slicing, remove from the garlic (1 head) the easily separated husk, cut off the rhizomes and rinse with water, pat dry. Clean the other head completely.
5. Rinse a piece of lamb with cold water and remove all fat with a knife. Cut off the pulp from the bones so that a small amount of it remains on them. Cut the flesh and fat into centimeter cubes.
6. Put the fat pieces in the cooking bowl and add the butter. If there is a lot of fat, oil can be excluded. Program the “Frying” mode and fry the pieces to an appetizing yellowish color. Carefully place the “cracklings” out of the bowl with a slotted spoon, and lower the bones into the melted fat. Add a small pinch of salt, add the cumin. Fry the bones, stirring occasionally, to obtain a light brownish tint. Do not fry hard.
7. Add the onion and bring it to a light yellow color with constant mixing.
8. Then put the pulp, mix and warm until the pieces become grayish. Do not blush.
9. Sprinkle carrots, mix and cook zirvak for another five minutes.
10. Pour into the bowl about one liter of water. She must cover the servak for at least one centimeter.
11. When the water boils, lower the peeled garlic cloves and hot peppers. Change the option “Frying” to “Cooking” and set the timer to half an hour.
12. After the end of the program, put garlic cloves and pepper out of a bowl on a separate plate and place dried rice in their place. Smooth its surface with a spoon, in the center of the “submerge” the remaining head of garlic, close the lid and transfer the slow cooker to “Pilaf”.
13. When it boils, open the lid and make sure that there is enough water in the dish. On the surface of the rice should be noticeable bubbles. Stir, but do not mix, zirvak with grits. Close the lid again and continue cooking until the end of the program. During this time, stir the rice twice more, each time adding the ground zira. 14. After that, spread out previously removed pepper and garlic on the surface of the pilaf, cover the lid again and turn on the previous mode for another ten minutes.
15. Then install the “Heating” program and keep the pilaf on it for another 20 minutes.
16. After that, first lay the rice on a large dish. Then in a separate plate of bones (for lovers). And lay the zirvak with pieces of flesh on the pilaf.
17. Top with garlic heads and pepper.
Rice with meat in a slow cooker - “Risotto”
• chilled chicken fillet - 300 gr .;
• 250 gr. round grain rice;
• onion head;
• 100 ml of 22% cream;
• dry wine - 150 ml (white);
• Spoon dried parsley and basil;
• a quarter of a spoon of crushed black pepper;
• 2-3 tablespoons of oil;
• 50 gr. Parmesan.
1. As far as possible shred the bow.
2. Wash the chicken, dry well and cut into centimeter cubes or thin strips.
3. Pour vegetable oil into the bowl and calcine it in the “Frying” mode. Then add onions, fry, stirring constantly. Slices should not fry, ideally, if they become transparent and acquire a light golden hue. Usually, onion frying takes no more than seven minutes.
4. Pour the washed, dried rice into the bowl with onions, pour in the wine and cook until evaporation.
5. Switch the slow cooker to “Quenching” and continue cooking, constantly pouring hot water or broth. It takes about half a liter of liquid. Do not pour all at once, add as necessary, after the previous portion is well absorbed.
6. When the rice swells only slightly, add the chicken, ground pepper, basil, parsley and mix well.
7. Remove the sample, add salt if necessary, and bring the “Risotto” to full readiness.
8. In the cream on a fine grater, rub the cheese and, stirring well, add to the risotto for five minutes until fully cooked.
Rice with meat in a slow cooker - Paella with chicken and shrimps
• three glasses of Basmati rice;
• small onion;
• yellow bell pepper - 2 pcs .;
• 300 gr. chicken (leg);
• three ripe tomatoes;
• four small cloves of garlic;
• 250 gr. frozen shrimp;
• high quality olive oil;
• two spoons of ground paprika;
• 0.5 spoons of saffron.
1. Take a small saucepan, fill it with warm drinking water, add a little salt and put on a small fire. In the boiling water, lower frozen shrimps, without thawing, and boil them at the lowest boiling point for no more than a minute. Then strain the liquid and place the shrimp on a plate to cool.
2. Rinse the enumerated rice well and dry by placing the cereal on a sieve.
3. Remove the stems from the peppers, select all the seeds, trying to grab partitions, peel the garlic. Tomatoes, onions and paprika cut into slices, rub the garlic cloves on a fine grater. Tomatoes can be pre-skinned. To do this, cut each with a knife from the side of the stem and lower it for one and a half minutes into boiling water. Then cool under a stream of cold water and, having picked up the skin on the notch side with a knife, carefully remove it.
4. Start the multicooker in the program “Frying” or “Baking”. Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into the bowl and wait until it warms up.
5. In the hot oil, lower the onion. When it is well roasted, it will turn amber in color, add minced garlic to the same place. After a minute, lay the tomatoes, and after another three minutes the pieces of Bulgarian pepper. Salt a little, pepper and simmer everything together for another minute. Put the vegetables in a separate bowl.
6. Rinse the chicken drumsticks, carefully remove the peel and cut each leg into two equal parts. Lightly fry the meat in olive oil and pour it out of the slow cooker.
7. Pour a spoonful of olive oil into the bowl and add dried rice. In the previous mode, fry the cereal, stirring constantly for five minutes. 8. Then pour the rice with warm water or broth, add the saffron with paprika and mix well.
9. Then transfer fried vegetables and chicken pieces to the bowl, stir and lower the lid.
10. In the panel, select the option “Pilaf” or “Buckwheat” and turn on the device. After the program is completed automatically, put the previously boiled shrimps on the paella and bring it to readiness under the lid, in the “Keep warm” mode.
11. Dishes spread on portions can be decorated with finely chopped greens and thin lemon rings.
Rice with meat in a slow cooker with cabbage
• one cup of polished rice;
• medium-sized carrot - 1 pc .;
• a small fork of white cabbage;
• two medium tomatoes;
• 450 gr. pork (pulp);
• large onion;
• non-aromatic vegetable oil - 100 ml.
1. Cut the washed and slightly dried meat into cubes and fry in vegetable oil in the “Baking” mode for about half an hour.
2. Add carrot, grated on a grater, small cubes of tomatoes and onions chopped into small slices. Stir and continue frying everything for another seven minutes.
3. Pour into the bowl the cabbage, chopped thin straw. To strip the same size, use a special peeler or shredder. Slightly salted, you can lightly pepper. Stir and cook another quarter of an hour.
4. Add the washed rice to the meat with the cabbage. Fill one and a half cups of clean drinking water, gently mix and cook, lowering the lid and turning on the “Rice” mode.
Rice with meat in a crock-pot with sauerkraut - “Solyanka”
• sauerkraut cabbage - 300 gr.;
• a pound of young lean beef;
• one large carrot;
• two glasses of round grain rice;
• vegetable oil;
• a small leaf of laurel;
• medium bulb.
1. Rinse the rice to clean water and strain excess liquid from it. 2. Cut the beef in the water into small pieces.
3. Onion as small as possible chop, and rub the carrot on a medium grater.
4. For one hour, start the slow cooker in “Baking” mode. Put the pieces of pulp in the bowl, pour in vegetable oil and fry the beef for about half an hour. Do not forget to periodically stir.
5. Add the onions and carrots to the meat and continue cooking.
6. After a quarter of an hour, place the sauerkraut in the bowl, stir and wait until the program is completed.
7. Add the washed rice, pour in five glasses of cold water, lay a sweetheart and turn on the device again, but in the “Pilaf” program and bring the dish to readiness.
Rice casserole with meat in a slow cooker
• four eggs;
• a pound of mixed lean meat;
• two glasses of round grain rice;
• 20% sour cream - 300 gr .;
• one large tomato;
• big spoon of good butter;
• white onion;
• spoon ground paprika.
1. Boil thoroughly washed rice until ready in the “Krupa” or “Rice” mode. You can do this in a saucepan, on an open fire. Boiled rice put in a colander and let it cool well.
2. In a frying pan or in a clean bowl, the multicooker on the “Frying” or “Baking” program, well redden the onion, chopped into small-sized slices.
3. Add the minced meat, thoroughly kneaded with a fork, add spices to your taste, add a little salt and continue to fry until all the moisture has evaporated. Stir the stuffing, kneading it as often as possible with a fork.
4. Dip the minced tomatoes into the mince and, stirring well, continue cooking until the juice has evaporated. Transfer the contents of the bowl to a separate bowl, and rinse the bowl well and wipe dry with a towel.
5. In sour cream break eggs, add a little salt, paprika. Mix everything well and mix with chilled boiled rice.
6. Spread the cooking container with soft butter and place half of the rice mixed with sour cream into it. Smooth. 7. In the rice, spread the minced meat in an even layer and cover it with the remaining rice. Smooth the surface and grease it with sour cream, sprinkle with herbs if desired.
8. Close the multicooker lid and program “Baking” for an hour.
9. Leave the finished casserole in the bowl with the lid open for a quarter of an hour and only then remove it.
Rice with meat in a slow cooker - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• When choosing rice, do not ignore the prescription recommendations for its selection. Incorrectly selected cereals can change not only the consistency of the finished dish, but also its taste.
• Always grab the rice cereal so that the dirt that has accidentally got into it (small pebbles and husks) does not get into the prepared dish. After that, thoroughly rinse the rice under the tap to clean water, if you want to get a crumbly dish.
• To make the onions and carrots well browned, fry the vegetables with the lid closed.
• For roasting vegetables, pre-boiling rice and roasting meat, you can use the stove. This will save time.