The variety of sauces is so great that it’s unreal to remember them all, let alone try them.
And each nation has a recipe for its favorite sauce, without which almost no meal is complete. These sauces are Georgian satsbeli.
There are several options for its preparation. It all depends on what dish this sauce is served. It can be sweet, sour, spicy. But any of these sauces has a spicy taste and breathtaking aroma due to the abundance of herbs, garlic and spices.
- The classic satsabel sauce necessarily includes walnuts and fruits: grapes, pomegranate, blackberries and even apples.
- Onion, garlic, coriander, cilantro, parsley, hops-suneli, imeretinsky saffron (marigolds), and also mint are most often added from spicy plants and spices.
- If the sauce is prepared for fish or meat dishes, it is diluted with fish or chicken broth.
- Vinegar is added to almost any sauce. Thanks to vinegar, the sauce acquires a pleasant tartness, extra spiciness and the ability for longer storage.
- Satsabeli is served with fried or boiled meat, most often with chicken, chicken or turkey. This sauce is successfully combined with vegetable dishes, rice, pasta, beans.
- At the time of serving, the sauce must be chilled or at least slightly warm, but not hot.
- Satsbeli can be harvested for the future. To do this, it is boiled down to the desired thickness, hot, poured into sterile jars and then hermetically sealed.
- Sometimes sabeels are made from raw vegetables. This sauce should be eaten immediately, because it can be stored for no more than five days. And then - in the fridge.
- There are recipes for satsebel with tomatoes (less often with tomato paste). Tomatoes for the sauce is recommended to pre-peel and rub through a sieve. Then the sauce will be more uniform in consistency and there will be no seeds in it.
- Spicy food lovers add more garlic or hot pepper to the sauce.
Satsabel sauce with tomatoes
- Bulgarian pepper - 300 g;
- fleshy tomatoes - 1 kg;
- garlic - 1 head;
- dill, cilantro and parsley - in one small bunch;
- ground coriander - 0, 5 tsp;
- hot pepper - 1 pod;
- salt and sugar to taste.
- Wash tomatoes and peppers. Dip tomatoes for 2 minutes in boiling water, then rinse with cold water and remove the skin. Cut the fruit into several pieces, immediately removing the peduncle.
- Cut the pepper into halves, cut the stalk, scrape the seeds.
- Pass the peeled garlic chives through the garlic press.
- Go through the greens, remove the yellowed leaves, cut the lower parts of the stems.
- Pepper, tomatoes and greens put in a blender and chop into mashed potatoes. If there is no blender, this can be done using a meat grinder.
- Pour the tomato mass into the cauldron and put it on the stove. Cook on medium heat for 40-50 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally, so that it does not burn.
- At the end of cooking, add salt, sugar, garlic and coriander. Boil another ten minutes. Cool before dressing.
Tip: If you want to roll up the sauce for the winter, prepare sterile jars with lids in advance. At the end of cooking, add 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar and some odorless sunflower oil to the sauce. In a boiling form, pour the sauce into the jars and immediately seal her cork tightly. Turn them upside down, wrap something warm, wait for complete cooling. Keep satsabel sauce in a cool dark place.
Satsabeli sauce with walnuts
- walnuts - 200 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- cilantro and mint greens - in a small bundle;
- red pepper on the tip of a knife;
- vinegar - to taste;
- salt - 1 tsp. (or to taste);
- chicken broth or boiled water - 200-500 ml.
- Peel the garlic and onion, rinse with cold water. Cut into pieces.
- Go through the greens, remove the yellowed leaves and coarse stems. Finely chop.
- In a blender, fold onions, garlic, herbs and peeled walnuts. Grind to a smooth state.
- Mix with vinegar and broth (water) to the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. Put in sauceboat.
Satsabel sauce with tomato paste
- tomato paste - 150 g;
- water - 150 ml;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- cilantro greens - 1 bunch;
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- hops-suneli, adjika - 1 tsp;
- salt to taste.
- Peel the garlic, rinse with water, chop with garlic press.
- Wash greens, blot with paper towel. Remove all yellowed and faded leaves, cut off the tips of the stems. Finely shred.
- Combine garlic, greens, adjika and hops-suneli. Carefully grind the mixture in the mortar. If not, use a blender.
- Add vinegar and tomato paste. While stirring, pour so much boiled and cooled water to make the sauce of the desired consistency. Salt to taste.
Tip: Not everyone likes food that includes raw tomato paste. In this case, put the sauce in a cauldron, bring it to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat. Cool it down.
Sauce of grape sabeels
- unripe grapes - 0.5 kg;
- walnuts - 200 g;
- adjika fresh - 1 tbsp. l .;
- cilantro greens - 1 small bundle;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- salt to taste;
- boiled water - about 1 tbsp.
- Separate the berries from the twigs, wash them well. Put in a saucepan, add about half a glass of water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Put in a sieve and wipe. In a bowl you will have a uniform greenish mass without skin and seeds.
- Peel the garlic, rinse with water, chop finely.
- Chop the washed green.
- Put garlic, greens, adjika, nuts in a mortar. Grind the pestle until smooth. You can also use a blender.
- Stir in the grape mass, dilute with a small amount of water, add salt to taste. Put it in a glass jar, put it in the fridge.
Tip: In addition to adjika, you can add to your choice of choices: coriander, ucho-suneli, savory, fenugreek, saffron, dill seeds (cumin). Instead of fresh adzhika you can put 1 tsp. dry.
Blackberry blackberry sauce is made using the same recipe. To do this, wash the blackberry, wipe through a sieve. Mix blackberry mass with garlic, nuts, greens. Salt it.
Mistress of the note
There is no strictly adjusted recipe for satsebel sauce, therefore, taking into account the above recommendations, you can prepare it to your taste.