Risotto is an Italian dish with rice, which is somewhat similar to our pilaf, but is prepared a little differently.
There are many interesting recipes and some are meatless. In fact, there are a lot of lean risottos, the best of them are collected here.
Lenten risotto - general principles of preparation
Rice for risotto is usually used large. With small varieties, the dish turns out not very tasty and beautiful. A distinctive feature of the dish is the roasting of the cereal in oil before cooking. But in some recipes, this moment is omitted, raw rice is laid immediately to the other ingredients.
What are the Lenten dishes:
• fresh, dried, canned vegetables;
• beans, peas and other legumes;
• fruits, dried fruits, nuts.
Spices are always added to risotto. The Italian herbs, a paprika and other types of pepper, garlic, greens ideally fit into a dish. Risotto is usually cooked in a dish that can be fried. This is a cauldron, a saucepan, a frying pan. Some recipes require the use of several types of dishes at the same time.
Lenten risotto with fresh mushrooms (simple recipe)
The option is not only delicious, but also very fragrant and simple risotto with fresh mushrooms from the minimum amount of ingredients. If there is no champignon, then you can take forest mushrooms for the dish, but before that you need to boil them.
• 300 g of champignons;
• a glass of rice;
• 200 g onions;
• spices and oil.
1. Cut the onions into cubes, put in a griddle with 3-4 spoons of any oil. Fry for a minute.
2. During this time, slice up the mushrooms, put them to the onion, turn on the strongest fire and fry together for another five minutes.
3. Wash the rice with cold water, remove the grains.
4. Put the rice on another pan, fry with a few drops of oil for about three minutes.
5. Add to the mushrooms salt and various aromatic spices (you can just herbs and seasoning for pilaf), stir, add rice. 6. Pour in 2 glasses of boiling water. Cover the pan with a tight lid. Reduce heat to low.
7. Cook the lean risotto for 25 minutes, then leave on the warm plate for another 15 minutes.
8. Before serving, stir, sprinkle with herbs.
Lenten risotto with vegetables
The recipe is very juicy risotto with simple vegetables that are found in any home. You can add spices to your taste.
• 1.5 cups of rice;
• 2 carrots;
• 1 large sweet pepper;
• 25 grams of olive or sunflower oil;
• 2 onions;
• 1 tsp. tomato paste;
• 1 tsp. spice mix for pilaf;
• salt, laurel, herbs for serving.
1. Cut the peeled onion into strips. Put the oil in a cauldron or in a deep saucepan, heat, add onions, start frying.
2. Peel both carrots. Now they need to be cut into thin strips or grated for Korean salads. Add to the bow.
3. As soon as the vegetables are fried, add a teaspoon of tomato paste. She will give the risotto a more intense color.
4. Fill the spices for pilaf, throw a couple of pinch of salt, stir and heat to reveal the flavor of the seasonings.
5. Cut the Bulgarian pepper into strips, fall asleep in the dish.
6. Immediately add the washed rice. Sprinkle cereal on top, level the layer.
7. Fill 3 cups of boiling water.
8. Top throw a bay leaf. You can stick a couple of garlic cloves.
9. Now we are laying, just as the pilaf is cooked on a small fire for about half an hour.
10. Let the dish stand, then risotto should be thoroughly mixed from the bottom so that the vegetables are evenly distributed in the rice.
Fasting risotto “Tomato taste”
For the preparation of this lenten dish you need good, sweet and fleshy tomatoes. You can take the cherry.
• 200 grams of rice;
• 200 grams of tomatoes;
• 1 head (large) onions;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• pinch of black pepper;
• 1 green pepper;
• any greens to feed.
1. Cut the onion, fry for a minute on high heat in olive oil.
2. Add washed rice, continue to fry over high heat. 3. Cover the diced green pepper. Warm up for a minute.
4. Cut tomatoes into slices, spread out on top of rice with vegetables, sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Add 2 cups salted boiling water, cover.
6. Cook risotto until cooked rice.
7. Carefully lay out the spatula on a plate with a spatula, the tomatoes should remain on top, sprinkle the dish with greens.
Lenten risotto with pesto and avocado
To prepare such a lean risotto, ready-made pesto and avocado sauce is needed. The dish is very popular, often found in Italian restaurants.
• 1 spoon of olive oil;
• 1 pepper Bulgarian and onions;
• 2 avocados;
• 1 tbsp. l pesto sauce;
• 1 cup rice;
• 0.7 liters of vegetable and mushroom broth;
• salt, parsley, black pepper.
1. Cut the onion into small cubes, throw on the griddle with olive oil. Fry a little. You can take more oil if required.
2. Add the pepper chopped into small cubes and immediately pour the washed large rice. Fry it all together in olive oil for a few minutes. Stir so that the rice does not stick together.
3. Broth separately boiled in a saucepan.
4. Pour soup soup ladle into the pan, start to evaporate. Cover the dishes do not need to close.
5. As soon as all the liquid is absorbed, add spices, pesto sauce, stir and pour in a soup ladle. Re-evaporate moisture over moderate heat.
6. If the rice is not cooked, add the broth again and repeat it all.
7. Cut the avocado into cubes, put it in the pan at the very end, heat it with the cooked rice.
8. Put risotto on plates.
9. Immediately, while the dish is hot, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Lean Risotto with Pumpkin
For the preparation of such a risotto, you can use any pumpkin, but better bright and juicy. Mandatory ingredient dishes - sweet paprika.
• 1 onion;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 150 grams of basmati rice;
• 200 g pumpkin;
• 1 tsp. sweet paprika;
• some salt, black pepper;
• olive oil, greens. Cooking
1. Cut the onion, put in oil, start frying.
2. Crush the garlic cloves with the back of a large knife, attach to the onions, fry on both sides, remove and discard.
3. Cut the pumpkin into cubes, add to the onion, fry for a couple of minutes.
4. As soon as the vegetable releases enough juice, you can fall asleep washed rice. If there is no basmati variety, feel free to use another.
5. Sprinkle the dish with sweet ground paprika, which will give an extraordinary brightness. Salt and pepper.
6. Fill boiling water. Water should cover the contents of the pan.
7. We cover, bring rice and pumpkin to readiness. At the end of the risotto you need to mix, sprinkle with dried or fresh herbs.
Lenten risotto with green beans
For this dish you will need green beans, you can take frozen or fresh pods. In the second case, you will need to trim the tips, the rest crumble into slices of 3-4 centimeters.
• 200 g green beans;
• 200 grams of rice;
• 1 onion;
• 1 large pepper;
• 30 ml of oil;
• pepper, salt;
• 2 tomatoes;
• greens, garlic.
1. Put the prepared green beans into boiling water, boil for five minutes. Drain into a colander, let excess water flow.
2. Fry the onions in the pan, as soon as the pieces become translucent, add the boiled beans to it. Fry together for a couple of minutes.
3. Fall asleep washed rice, continue to fry.
4. Cut the pepper, add to the pan.
5. Tomatoes are rubbed, or we remove the skin and we season with a blender. Add salt to it, pepper it, squeeze one or two cloves of garlic. Stir.
6. Pour the tomato into risotto. Stir.
7. Immediately add boiling water. To make the water covered rice and vegetables and a half centimeters.
8. Covering the pan, bring the dish to readiness on a small fire.
Lenten risotto with pears and honey (sweet version)
In the sweet version, risotto is no worse than in the salty classics. If desired, pears can be replaced with other fruits, but not too soft. The dish is delicious in hot and cold. Ingredients
• 2 spoons of unscented oil;
• 1 large pear;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• 2 tablespoons of walnuts;
• 2 spoons of raisins;
• 0.5 tsp. cinnamon
1. Rinse the rice, put in the pan with one spoon of oil, fry until golden brown, pour 1.5 cups of boiling water, cover and bring almost to readiness.
2. Raise the raisins with hot water for ten minutes, then squeeze.
3. Pour the second spoonful of oil into another pan, set on fire.
4. We chop nuts. We spread in butter, begin to fry.
5. Quickly chop the pear into slices, but you can also make small cubes. Add to the nuts.
6. After a minute, lay out the raisins. Cook all together on medium heat for another three minutes.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, stir and spread honey. We remove the fire to a minimum, stir.
8. Once all the honey is melted, soaked in pears, you can shift the sweet mass to the almost ready rice from the second pan.
9. Stir risotto, cover, turn off. Let it brew before serving 20-30 minutes.
Lean risotto - tips and tricks
• Risotto is not plov. If necessary, you can open the dish, stir it, pour boiling water or any broth into it.
• Italians prefer to fry rice in olive oil, but if the dish is not lean, then it tastes better on cream. You can use ghee.
• The best addition to lean risotto - a salad of fresh seasonal vegetables or tomato juice.
• Risotto can be cooked not only on the stove, but also in the slow cooker. Kitchen assistant perfectly cope with their task.