Pilaf is an oriental dish made from pieces of meat and cooked rice.
It was also loved in our kitchen, and in a wide variety of variations.
Modern housewives have adapted to prepare this delicious hearty, fragrant dish, even in a pan.
Pilau in a pan - general principles of cooking
The Uzbek name for pilaf “Palov Osh” is spelled out by the letters of seven main components:
• Piez - onion. Used onions.
• Aes - carrots.
• Lahm - meat. In the classic recipe, pilau is cooked from mutton, but you can take pork, beef, chicken or rabbit if you wish. The taste of the dish will not spoil it at all.
• Olio - fat. In the home kitchen, we often use refined sunflower oil. Do not use oil with a smell.
• Vet - salt.
• About - water.
• Shaly - rice. Proponents of cooking this pilaf will insist on using special varieties of rice, for example, devzirs, akmarzhana, white alang and others. But we hasten to reassure you that ordinary rice, the variety of which is now very large on the market, can also be safely used.
For gourmets it is recommended to use the following spices:
• Kumin (zira) - seasoning for pilau, which is considered a relative of parsley. The seeds are somewhat reminiscent of cumin.
• Turmeric (saffron) - like carrots, gives the dish a pleasant golden color.
• Barberry will give berry acidity to the pilaf and relieve the feeling of fatness.
Also unchanged component of the pilaf is black pepper and garlic, which will give your dish the necessary spiciness and piquancy. Heads of garlic do not separate, but only peeled from the outside.
Recipe 1. Quick plov in a pan
• meat (pork, beef, chicken) - 300 grams;
• rice - 250 grams;
• Onion - 1 pc .;
• carrots - 1 pc .;
• dill - fresh or frozen;
• spices for pilaf (if possible and desired);
• salt pepper.
1. Cut the meat into small pieces of about 1.5 - 2 cm.
2. In a large frying pan, pour the sunflower oil and let warm. 3. Fry the meat in the pan until half cooked.
4. Cut the onion into small pieces.
5. On a large grater, three carrots.
6. In the fried meat add carrots, onions and mix well.
7. Add 250 grams of rice to roasted meat and vegetables, mix everything and pour water to full coverage.
8. Leave to extinguish and make sure that the water does not evaporate completely.
9. After the rice is ready, continue to simmer so that the water is completely boiled away.
10. At this point, rice must be salted, pepper and seasoned for pilaf.
Recipe 2. Pilaf based on syrvak
• lamb (upper back leg) - 1 kg;
• carrot - 1 kg;
• onions - 1 kg;
• Long-grain steamed rice in this recipe will provide an excellent result;
• sunflower oil - 300-350 ml;
• zira - 0.5 tsp;
• salt - 1 tbsp;
• garlic - two large heads;
• red pepper - 1 pod.
1. Carrots cut into long sticks. Onion cut into half rings.
2. Cut the lamb into medium sized pieces. Pieces with stones can be set aside on the shurpa.
3. Put the pan on the fire and pour the sunflower oil.
4. Fry the meat in a frying pan for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add onions and carrots for roasting, stirring everything periodically.
6. After 10 minutes, add cumin and hold for another 5 minutes.
7. After that, turn on the gas at full capacity and pour boiling water about 1.5 cm above the contents. After a few minutes, put two whole heads of garlic and one pod of red pepper. Neither divide into slices or cut anything. Salt about 0.5 tbsp.
8. Slow down the gas and ready for about 30 minutes. This is a servak.
9. After the time has elapsed, pour out the prepared rice, distribute it over the entire pan, pour boiling water over it so that the water completely covers the rice. Gas set to maximum.
10. On top add salt 0.5 tbsp.
11. The contents of the pan do not mix, it should be layered. Gas diminish and continue to cook.
12. When the water from the surface is completely gone, check the rice for readiness. It must be semi-solid.
13. We increase the intensity of water evaporation by drilling holes using the back side of a spoon. If, on the contrary, there is no water at all, and rice must be added, then add 50 grams of boiling water and steamed for another 5 minutes. 14. Sprinkle pilaf with half of the required amount of spirits and keep on minimum heat for about half an hour.
Recipe 3. Pilaf fast in a pan with pork
• pork (boneless pulp) - 700 grams;
• rice - 250 grams;
• carrots - 2 pieces, cut into thin sticks;
• tomatoes -2 pieces. They are added to give the finished dish color;
• garlic - 2 large heads or one small;
• onion - 2 pieces;
• seasoning for pilaf and seasoning for meat.
• lean oil.
1. Cut the meat into small pieces.
2. Pour the oil into the pan and heat it well in the pan.
3. Fry the meat in a frying pan until golden brown.
4. Onions and tomatoes cut into half rings. Cut carrots into small pieces.
5. First, add the onions to the meat, then the carrots. It is necessary to ensure that the carrots become soft and then add the tomatoes. Fry well again.
6. Then we begin to add seasoning: salt, black pepper, seasoning for pilaf, seasoning for meat. All mix and leave a little to put out.
7. Put the washed and soaked rice in a frying pan and mix together with seasonings, meat and vegetables. All fry for less than one minute. Then add water. With enough, it should cover half a finger rice. No need to mix more. We level everything, reduce gas and cover with a lid. After 5 minutes, add the garlic, which is laid with a full head in the center of the pan.
8. Cooking time - 30 minutes.
Recipe 4. Uzbek plov in a pan
This Uzbek pilaf is cooked only in a cauldron and other dishes are not suitable for it. But at home, the recipe for such a pilaf will turn out just as good.
• meat (traditionally used lamb, but you can and beef) - 1-1.5 kg;
• any kind of rice - 1 kg;
• vegetable oil - 300 ml;
• onions - 3-5 pieces;
• carrot - 1 kg;
• zira, turmeric, barberry, prunes - for lovers;
• salt and pepper to taste.
1. We cut the meat into medium sized pieces, onions into half rings, carrots into cubes.
2. In a hot frying pan, pour the sunflower oil. Reduce the heat to medium. 3. Fry in vegetable oil in the following order: meat (salted and pepper) + onions + carrots. You can add other spices at your discretion. Put garlic, barberry or other spices on top. Fill all with a small amount of water and leave to stew for about 30 minutes. Depending on the meat can be more.
4. As the meat is ready, pour the rice, fill it with water by the thickness of two fingers, salt to taste and leave to stew until water boils away.
5. After the water has boiled away, reduce the heat to minimum and cover the pan tightly with a lid. If it does not work out tightly, then twirl the towel.
6. Leave the rice to simmer for another 45 minutes.
Recipe 5. Vegetarian pilaf in a pan with mushrooms
• rice - 1.5 cups;
• mushrooms - 300 - 400 grams;
• onions - 2 pcs .;
• carrots - 2 pcs .;
• vegetable oil - 0.5 cent .;
• seasoning and herbs at its discretion.
Method of preparation:
1. Chopped onion half rings fry in a pan until golden brown.
2. Add grated carrots. Everything is mixed and fried for 10 minutes.
3. At the end of frying add chopped mushrooms and well-washed rice. Cover and stir fry for 10 minutes. The rice should soak up the oil and become transparent, golden brown.
4. At the end of time, salt, pepper, sprinkle with pilaf seasoning and pour boiling water so that the water covers rice. Mix everything well and simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe 6. Grandma's sweet pilaf in a pan
• rice - 2 tbsp .;
• raisins - 0.5 tbsp .;
• prunes - 300 grams;
• dried apricots - 300 grams;
• butter -100 grams;
• salt, sugar to taste.
1. Before cooking, soak the rice and dried fruit in water for about one hour.
2. In a pan in butter, roast all of your favorite dried fruits until cooked. At the end add sugar to taste.
3. Rice boil until half ready, while not dosing a bit.
4. Mix rice with dried fruit and simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
Recipe 7. Ukrainian plov
• pork - 0.5 kg;
• onions - 0.5 kg;
• carrots - 0.5 kg; • rice - 0.5 kg;
• sunflower oil;
• tomatoes - 300 grams;
• garlic - 1 head;
• salt, black pepper, red pepper;
• zira, barberry, paprika;
• raisins - 1 tbsp.
1. Pour vegetable oil into the frying pan and heat it.
2. Fry in a frying pan the meat cut in medium pieces, onion in half rings and carrots cut in sticks.
3. When the meat is ready, add the spices.
4. After that, pour the washed and soaked rice into the pan and cover it with water. Bring all to a boil and leave to simmer on low heat under a lid until the water evaporates completely.
5. Collect rice slide, insert in the middle a head of garlic and other spices, as well as raisins and close all the lid.
6. After 15 minutes, remove the garlic, cover the pan with a large dish and turn it sharply.
Tricks and secrets of cooking real pilaf in a frying pan
1. Plov loves fat. Thanks to him, the dish is well stewed and does not burn. If you want to relieve pilaf fat content, then reduce the amount of vegetable oil.
2. Meat for roasting should be put on a hot frying pan. You can understand that the frying pan is warm enough because it is lightly smoked and it clicks if you throw a pinch of salt.
3. Be sure to rinse the rice before cooking in several waters. At the end let the water flow through a colander.
4. Soak the rice before cooking in warm water for 1 hour.
5. Carrots are best cut into cubes. Since grated on that grater, it can break down.
6. After the last layer of rice is filled with water, pilau is not recommended to be mixed. It is simmered over low heat for about 20 -25 minutes exclusively on low fire.