We love melon for its unique aroma and taste.
Unfortunately, keeping it fresh for a long time is quite difficult. Therefore, melon canned, dried or dried.
We suggest you cook the marinated melon.
Pickled melon - the basic principles of cooking
What melon to use for pickling, everyone decides for himself. Some like slightly unripe fruits, others prefer to pickle melons of medium ripeness, and still others think that an aromatic, ripe melon with dense flesh is best.
The gourds are well washed with a brush and rubbed with a towel. Fruits are cut in half, choose seeds with a spoon and cut into chunks. Separate the flesh from the peel and cut it into small pieces. The melon is spread in a sieve and immersed for a second in boiling water. Cool immediately by placing the pieces under a stream of cold water.
Spices are laid out on the bottom of the washed sterile jars and the container is filled with pieces of blanched melon. A saucepan with water is put on the fire, sugar is added to it and brought to a boil, stirring constantly. Then pour in the vinegar, keep on fire for another couple of minutes and pour the contents of the cans with hot marinade. Cover them with boiled lids and put the jars in a pan with hot water. Sterilized at a low boil for about a quarter of an hour. Then the banks are hermetically rolled with a special key and completely cooled down, wrapped in a warm cloth.
Melon marinated with the addition of cloves, allspice, cinnamon and honey.
Recipe 1. Marinated melon in a spicy marinade
- carnation - three buds;
- cinnamon - a small piece;
- salt - 3 g;
- purified water - glass;
- honey - 50 g;
- vinegar - glass;
- sugar - a third of a glass.
1. My melon, wipe with a towel and cut in half. Remove the seeds with a spoon and peel off. Cut the flesh into small pieces. 2. Jars are washed with baking soda, rinsed and dried. Covers boil for about five minutes.
3. We spread the prepared melon on the banks. We put the water in the skillet over the fire, add sugar, add spices and salt. When the spicy mixture boils, pour in vinegar and remove from the fire after a couple of minutes. Fully cool the marinade and pour melon into it.
4. Cover the cans with parchment and bandage it. Place the jars in a wide container, placing a linen towel on the bottom. Pour in water so that it reaches the shoulders of the cans, and boil for an hour. Then we take out the cans, close them with plastic covers and ship them for storage in a cold place.
Recipe 2. Marinated melon in honey marinade
- half a kilo of melon;
- a glass of purified water;
- a small piece of cinnamon;
- honey - 30 g;
- two buds of carnation;
- salt - 10 g;
- a glass of 6% vinegar.
1. Put the saucepan with purified water on the stove. Add honey, cinnamon, salt and cloves. When the liquid starts to boil, pour in the vinegar, boil for another couple of minutes and turn off the heat. Fully cool the marinade.
2. For pickling, we take a melon of medium ripeness. We wash it under the tap with a brush and wipe with a towel. Cut in half and scoop the seeds with a spoon. We clean the peel with a sharp knife. Cut the flesh into small pieces.
3. Jars of my baking soda and rinsed thoroughly. Drain the glass container and put into it the chopped melon flesh. Fill it with cooled marinade. Cover up with boiled lids.
4. Place the cans with melon in a wide pan, the bottom of which is covered with a linen napkin. Pour water into the pan so that it reaches the hanger of the container. We put on a slow fire and sterilize with a weak boil for forty minutes. Carefully remove the jars and hermetically sealed. Serve marinated melon as a side dish for meat dishes.
Recipe 3. Marinated melon stuffed with cloves
melon; vinegar - 600 ml;
sugar - 400 g;
Method of preparation
1. Wash the melon under the tap, wipe it with a napkin and cut it in half. Spoon remove the seeds. Pulp cut into slices. Fill in each clove and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with melon sugar.
2. Mix vinegar with sugar, cloves and cinnamon. Stir until the sugar disperses completely. Pour the marinade slices of melon and leave for a day at room temperature.
3. The next day, pour the marinade into a saucepan and place on the stove.
4. Wash jars with baking soda and rinse thoroughly. Sterilize over steam or in the oven. Spread the melon on the prepared container. As soon as the marinade begins to boil, fill them with the contents of the cans and cork tightly with boiled lids.
Recipe 4. Marinated melon with ground paprika
a pound of melon;
table vinegar or white vinegar - 100 ml;
honey - 50 g;
two carnation buds;
sugar - 50 g;
salt - pinch;
allspice - 5 g;
two stars star anise.
Method of preparation
1. Wash the melon with a kitchen brush. Cut it into pieces, remove the seeds with a spoon and peel it off with a sharp knife. Cut the slices of pulp into strips and then crumble into small pieces.
2. At the bottom of the saucepan, put the star aniseens and cinnamon sticks. Add sugar, honey and salt. Pour the spices with purified water and place on the stove. When the liquid begins to boil, put the melon pieces into it and add the ground paprika. Cook for ten minutes on low heat. At the end, pour in the vinegar and remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
3. Spread the melon slices on sterile and dry cans and pour the marinade. Cover with boiled caps. Place the glass container in the oven for 25 minutes. Sterilize at 150 ° C.
4. Carefully remove the cans with a towel and roll up the key. Cover the preservation with a warm blanket and leave it for a day.
Recipe 5. Marinated Melon with Ginger
two slices of ginger; sugar - 100 g
Method of preparation
1. Wash the melon with a brush. Peel off with a sharp knife. Cut it into pieces and remove the seeds with a spoon. Pulp chop arbitrary pieces.
2. Clean and rinse the ginger. Cut the root into thin plates.
3. Banks, wash with baking soda, rinse well and send to the sterilization in the oven. Boil the lids for a few minutes.
4. Place a slice of ginger in each jar and fill the container with melon slices. Pour 50 g of sugar and add a pinch of citric acid.
5. Pour melon in cans with boiling water and cover with lids. Place the containers with melon in a wide pan filled with hot water, pre-laying a linen towel on the bottom. Sterilize the jars for seven minutes at a low boil.
6. Hermetically roll the banks with a special key and turn it over. Wrap a warm cloth and leave for a day. Keep marinated melon in the cellar.
Recipe 6. Marinated Melon with Cherry
900 g melon pulp;
5 g ground cloves;
220 g cherries;
2.5 liters of filtered water;
150 ml of vinegar;
60 g of salt;
450 grams of granulated sugar.
Method of preparation
1. Wash the melon under the tap using a soft brush. Cut the fruit into slices and spoon away the seeds with fibers. Carefully cut off the peel with a sharp knife. Cut the flesh into small random pieces.
2. Cherry wash. Using a pin, carefully remove the bones and place the berries in a sieve to stack the juice.
3. Put the salt in the water and stir until its crystals dissolve.
4. Put the prepared melon in a deep container, and pour it with saline. Leave overnight. The next morning, pour the liquid into a saucepan.
5. Add cinnamon, sugar and cloves to the water drained from the melon. Put on the fire. When the liquid begins to boil, pour in the vinegar and boil for a couple of minutes. Dip melon and cherries in the marinade. Simmer on very low heat for about an hour until the melon becomes almost transparent.
6. Spread the melon with cherries along with the marinade in sterile dry cans and roll it with a special key. Cool the preservation and place it in storage in the basement.
Recipe 7. Marinated chili melon
one and a half kilogram of melon;
black currant leaves;
one and a half pods of chili;
75 ml of 9% vinegar;
3 g of carnation buds;
30 g of salt;
5 g of allspice peas;
125 g of sugar;
liter of water filtered.
Method of preparation
1. Wash the melons, cut them in half and remove with a spoonful of fiber with seeds. Peel the pulp and chop it in small random pieces.
2. Put currant leaves on the bottom of sterile dry cans. In a half-liter jar, place half a chilli pod, and a liter whole. To remove the seeds or not - decide for yourself. If you want to get a spicy snack, you can leave the pod whole.
3. Fill the jars with melon slices. Place a saucepan with water on the stove, add sugar and table salt, clove buds and allspice to it. Boil three minutes from boiling up.
4. Fill the jars with hot marinade and evenly spread the spices.
5. Cover the bottom of the wide saucepan with a towel, put the jars on top, and cover them with lids. Pour water into the pan so that it reaches the shoulders. Sterilize at a low boil for ten minutes, then roll with a special key.
Marinated Melon - Tips and Tricks
- For pickling you can use absolutely any kind of melon.
- Melon should not have damage and signs of rot.
- It will be easier to remove the seeds if you use an ordinary tablespoon for this.
- Banks, in which you will put crushed melons, must be sterile and dry.