Today, dishes from high, restaurant cuisine can be a regular meal for anyone. However, before that was not the case at all.
There were dishes that ordinary people ate, and there were dishes from the royal, royal cuisine. What were they remarkable? Previously, there were no imported products in abundance, and therefore exotic components did not fall on the table to commoners.
People ate what grew in their garden, or what their countrymen sold on the market. The ruling elite enjoyed unusual dishes from products brought from “thousands of lands”.
The second feature of the royal dishes was that they were prepared by “overseas” chefs. European architects took part in the construction of the fortresses, and French and Italian chefs came to the city with them. They made unusual sauces and dressings, salads, put eastern spices in dishes.
One of the dishes was the royal salad with salmon. The fish swam in our seas, but here only visiting cooks were the first to give it in a beautiful way, connecting it with other components. For this reason, the salad has become truly royal and worthy of the table of the most senior persons. To date, there are several variations of this salad. It is made in a puff and served in transparent dishes so that the beauty of the tasty “design” is visible.
Royal salad with salmon - preparation of products and dishes
Salmon for the royal salad take lightly salted, cleared it from the bones. Do not buy frozen fish for the dish. It is best to buy fresh fish as a whole and cut it yourself, and then salt it: you need to cut off the head and tail, remove the insides and vertebra, remove the skin. Fill the fillet from all sides with a layer of salt and refrigerate for an hour. Then the fish should be rinsed with salt and can be used.
Also for salad you can take absolutely ordinary and familiar foods - egg, potato, carrot, and other seafood. Feature of the salad can be considered a delicious dressing.
Do not forget to decorate! Decorate the royal salad with salmon red caviar, pomegranate seeds, nuts, shrimp meat.
Recipe 1: Royal salad with salmon
For this dish you will need two varieties of cheese - soft and hard. Since the cheese is high-calorie and nourishing enough, the dressing should be gentle and light. Best suited yogurt, whipped with egg yolk and a spoon of mustard powder.
- Fish fillet - 210 gr.
- Soft cheese (like Philadelphia) - 160 gr.
- Hard cheese (Parmesan) - 150 gr.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Egg - 3 pcs. + 1 yolk for sauce
- Yoghurt - 4 tbsp.
- Mustard powder - 1 tsp.
- Make a sauce - with a mixer, beat the yogurt with raw egg yolk, add dried greens, salt and one teaspoon of mustard powder.
- Rub hard cheese.
- Boil an egg hard-boiled, separate the yolks from the whites. Grate. Protein will be the first layer for the royal salad. Grease it with dressing and sprinkle with hard cheese.
- The second layer will be a fish. Cut the salmon in small pieces. Grease the dressing.
- Shred the onion and pickle - place it for 12 minutes in a mixture of two teaspoons of vinegar, 3 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. This is the third layer of salad royally.
- The fourth layer of lettuce is soft cheese. Cut it into cubes, place on the onion, brush with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with grated egg yolk.
Recipe 2: Royal salad with salmon and shrimps
A tasty and easy dish with fish and shrimps with pineapples is cooked simply enough, but it turns out incredibly tasty. Pineapple for salad use only fresh, canned for this dish will not work.
- 1/2 of the pulp of one pineapple
- Hard cheese - 260 gr.
- Fish - 210 gr.
- Shrimps - 180 gr.
- Yoghurt - 3 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Pomegranate kernels
- Grate the cheese, spread it in two pieces and place on the bottom of the dish.
- Combine mayonnaise and yogurt, grease with cheese dressing.
- Cut the fish into cubes and place on the cheese. Grease with sauce.
- Pineapple cut into cubes. Put on salmon. Grease with sauce.
- Boil the shrimp, remove the meat from the shells, put it on the pineapple, grease with dressing.
- Sprinkle the salad with the remaining cheese and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe 3: Royal salad with salmon on a pillow of potatoes
This salad is served in the form of heat immediately after cooking. You will need potatoes, melted cheese, salmon and cod. Do not be surprised apple in the recipe - its sour taste will pleasantly soften the "weight" of the potato.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Sour apple - 1 pc.
- Raw salmon - 190 gr.
- Raw cod - 160 gr.
- Processed cheese - 2 pcs.
- Cream - 60 gr.
- Parmesan - 70 gr.
- Parsley fresh
- Boil the potatoes in a uniform. Cool, remove the skin, rub on the finest grater.
- Remove the peel from an apple and rub it on a coarse grater. Mix with potatoes. Form a “pillow” for this royal salad from this mixture.
- Cut the melted cheese into cubes.
- Cut the salmon and cod into slices. Fry in a frying pan for 5 minutes, add cream and cheese. Stir with a spatula until the cheese is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and allow the mass to cool slightly.
- Rub hard cheese.
- Put the fish stuffing on a potato pillow, sprinkle with cheese and chopped greens.
Recipe 4: Royal salad with salmon and avocado
For this salad, you will need two types of pears - avocado and Chinese solid. The combination of salted fish, fruits and vegetables under the cheese crust will pleasantly surprise you.
- Red fish - 270 gr.
- Avocados - 2 pcs.
- Chinese pear - 1 pc.
- Fresh cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Parmesan - 90 gr.
- Yoghurt - 110 ml.
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Pine nut - 30 g.
- Prepare a salad dressing. Grill nuts in a clean frying pan for 5 minutes, chop in a blender with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- The first layer of lettuce is avocado. Pulp cut into cubes, grease with dressing.
- The second layer is fish. Salmon cut into squares and put on avocado, grease with sauce.
- Remove the peel from the cucumber, cut it into thin strips.
- The fourth layer of lettuce is a Chinese pear. Grate it, lay out and grease with dressing.
- Grate the Parmesan grated and sprinkle on the salad.
Recipe 5: Royal salad with salmon and crabs
For this salad, only crab meat should be used. To decorate the dish you need royal shrimps.
- Salted fish - 230 gr.
- Crab meat - 200 gr.
- Egg - 3 pcs.
- Hard cheese - 210 gr.
- Fresh tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Fresh onions - 1 pc.
- Kefir - 4 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp.
- Fresh dill
- Boil eggs hard-boiled, disassemble into yolk and white. Chopped protein will be the bottom layer of lettuce.
- Prepare a dressing by combining chopped dill, mayonnaise and kefir. Grease it with protein.
- Cut the fish into strips. Put on protein.
- Rub the cheese, divide in half. Spray the fish with one half and brush with the sauce.
- Cut tomatoes into cubes. This is the layer after the cheese.
- Drain crab meat and cut into cubes. Put on the tomatoes.
- Cut onion and pickle in a mixture of vinegar, water and sugar for 10 minutes. Then put it on crabs, pour kefir sauce on top.
- Sprinkle onions with grated yolk.
Royal salad with salmon - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
Which sauce is best for royal salad? It should be creamy, not very fat, but thick. Use yogurt, matsoni as a base, adding mayonnaise, sour cream or cream. Do not forget the greens - chopped dill or parsley would be appropriate when combined with red fish.