Honey and mustard are a universal marinade for any meat, but especially it successfully combines with the bird. The chicken turns out very fragrant, tender, covered with a golden crust and involuntarily causes an appetite.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce - general principles of cooking
• Hen. You can cook the whole carcass or use pieces with skin (wings, thighs, legs), but sometimes fillets are baked in this marinade. It also turns out very tasty. In any case, the bird should be washed well, if there is damage or feathers, all this is removed. Before marinating or just pouring the pieces, it is better to dry them with napkins.
• Mustard. You can take homemade or purchased sauce. In the first variant, the mustard is usually very spicy, it may need less than what is indicated in the recipe. You can also use a sauce with grains, that is, Dijon mustard.
• Honey. For roasting poultry is used only natural honey. Molasses, syrups or sugar will not work. It is important to melt the honey so that it is evenly distributed in the sauce, better penetrated into the pieces of poultry.
• Additional ingredients. Often garlic, soy sauce, ketchup or adjika, all kinds of seasonings are added to the marinade. You can take ready-made dry mix, intended for poultry or just pleasant to the taste.
• Cooking. Bird can be baked in the oven, it is the most popular option. But also this sauce allows cooking chicken in the microwave or in the slow cooker. Time will depend directly on the quality of the bird. If the chicken is home or farm, it cooks longer. For factory carcasses with a poorly developed muscular system, sometimes 30-40 minutes is enough.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce slices in the oven
The simplest recipe for chicken in honey-mustard sauce. For this dish fit thighs and legs. You can take the whole leg, cut through the joints.
• kilogram of chicken;
• 25 g of mustard;
• 20g of honey; • 1 tsp. salts;
• 10 ml of oil.
1. Prepare the chicken, chop portions.
2. If honey is thick, then it needs to be melted. It can be heated in a microwave or put on a cup of hot water.
3. Combine the salt with honey and mustard. All carefully grind.
4. Pour the marinade to the chicken, stir, carefully rub each piece. Leave for half an hour.
5. Lubricate the form, put the marinated pieces of chicken.
6. Put in the oven, preheated beforehand. Temperature 180.
7. Preparation time golden bird about 40-45 minutes. Periodically, the pieces can be watered with eye-catching juice from the bottom of the form.
Whole chicken in honey-mustard sauce (in the sleeve)
The recipe for roasting chicken in honey and mustard sauce. You will need a sleeve for cooking.
• chicken 1.5 kg;
• 1 tbsp. l honey;
• 2 tbsp. l mustard;
• 1 tsp. seasonings for meat or poultry;
• 1 tbsp. l oils.
1. Mix all the ingredients of the marinade: mustard, spices, a teaspoon of salt, add melted honey. Grind thoroughly until salt is completely dissolved and add a spoonful of butter, it is better to use olive oil.
2. Wash the carcass inside and out. Wipe wipes to remove water droplets.
3. Rub the bird inside and out with the sauce. If you have time, then leave to marinate, it will be tastier.
4. We shift the bird to the sleeve, we tie the tips. With a needle we make 2-3 punctures from above, steam will go out through these holes.
5. Bake the bird in the oven for an hour at 200 degrees.
6. Carefully remove the chicken, cut the sleeve, push the film apart. We take a spoon, pour over the carcass juice, which is gathered at the bottom.
7. Return to the oven, bake until golden brown about 10-15 minutes.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce in a microwave
This is just a wonderful recipe for quick cooking chicken if there is not enough time. The whole process will take no more than 20 minutes.
• 800 g pieces of chicken with skin;
• mustard spoon;
• spoon of honey; • 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce;
• black pepper, a pinch of salt.
1. Cut the chicken into portions of the joints.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the sauce until smooth. We water a bird, we stir hands. You can do all this at once in a microwave bowl.
3. We put in the microwave. You can cover with a plastic lid with a hole so as not to splash anything.
4. Turn on the maximum power, set 10 minutes.
5. After the signal, remove the dish, turn the pieces of chicken to the other side.
6. Return to the microwave. Cooking for another 7-8 minutes. If the pieces are small or wings are used, then 4-5 minutes is enough. In any case, check the readiness puncture.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce with ketchup
For this recipe, it is best to use wings or small shins. The pieces are very well browned, get an appetizing crust.
• 1 kg of wings or legs;
• 20 g of honey;
• 20 g of mustard;
• 20 g of ketchup;
• spices, salt;
• 2 onions.
1. Onions, cut large, mnem hands to go out the juice. Divide approximately in half.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the sauce, pepper and salt to taste. If using sharp ketchup, then put only salt.
3. Fill the washed wings with sauce, stir well.
4. Put half the onion in the container. Then the wings and fall asleep on top of the remaining onions. Cover with a tight lid.
5. Leave the wings or shins to marinate for an hour. Every 15 minutes the container is turned upside down and vice versa.
6. Take out the wings, the bow is not needed. It was added only for flavor. We spread in one layer on a baking sheet or in a form, you can cover with foil.
7. Bake at 200 degrees until cooked.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce with oranges (fillet)
White meat is used in this recipe. It turns out very fragrant and baked to a beautiful crust, which is not typical for him.
• 500 g fillets;
• 1 large orange;
• 15 g of mustard;
• 1 tsp. honey;
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cooking
1. Wash the orange, peel. Cut off 3 circles, squeeze juice from the rest of citrus. Mugs cut into small pieces, bones and thick veins throw away.
2. Mix the juice with soy sauce, honey and mustard. You can not add anything to it.
3. Cut the fillet into slices, as for shish kebab or a little smaller.
4. Fill with orange juice with honey and mustard, mix, add small pieces of citrus, prepared earlier. Leave for half an hour. You can remove for several hours, but in this case, put in the refrigerator.
5. We shift in the form. Marinade and juices, which are gathered at the bottom, are poured from above.
6. Bake 25 minutes in the oven, the temperature for the fillet is 200 degrees.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce in a frying pan
Another recipe for appetizing chicken in honey-mustard sauce, but already in a griddle. So that nothing burns, we do everything according to the rules.
• 700 g chicken pieces;
• 2 tsp. mustard;
• 2 tsp. honey;
• 1 large carrot;
• 30 ml of oil;
1. Combine spices with honey and mustard, grind.
2. Wash portions of chicken, dry, rub with sauce. Leave to marinate for fifteen minutes.
3. Carrots cut into slices of 3 millimeters.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet. Putting carrots, fry circles for about two minutes.
5. Stir, spread the pieces of chicken on top. Make the fire less than average, cover the pan. Leave to languish for ten minutes.
6. Now you need to remove the cover, evaporate all the moisture, fry the chicken pieces with carrots until golden brown.
7. Serve the bird along with the carrot, further decorate with fresh greens.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce with potatoes
The recipe is very simple, but hearty and tasty dishes. It can be prepared even for a festive table. If you use young and small potatoes, you can bake whole.
• 700 g chicken;
• 7 potatoes;
• spoon of balsamic vinegar;
• mustard spoon;
• the same spoon of honey; • two spoons of soy sauce;
• 1 tsp. dry herbs (you can take the olive).
1. Cut the chicken into regular pieces, as it will. But it is not necessary to mince, as the potato will still be prepared long enough.
2. Mix mustard and honey, add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar to them, which will give an unusual flavor. Immediately add dried herbs. We pound all carefully.
3. Connect the bird with the marinade, mix, withstand thirty minutes.
4. Clean the potatoes, cut the tubers into pieces, you can into quarters. Heat up to 180 degrees oven, lubricate the form.
5. Add the potatoes to the chicken just before cooking, stir and immediately shift to the form.
6. From above you need to stretch a piece of foil.
7. Cooking under the foil for 35 minutes. If the chicken is homemade, then the time can be increased by another 10-15 minutes.
8. Then we carefully remove the foil, prepare the dish until golden brown appears.
Chicken in honey-mustard sauce - tips and tricks
• Is there a lot of feathers and pads on the chicken? They certainly need to remove. You can first singe the skin over a gas stove or just a cigarette lighter. Then pull out the tweezers.
• In order for the whole breast to not dry completely, the carcass should be laid back up. Also rubbing the sternum with butter under the skin will help, but it should be removed very carefully.
• If the bird begins to quickly browse, but it hasn’t been cooked inside yet, pour it with juices from the mold and cover it with a piece of foil. Let a little steaming.
• The bird did not bake, inside the ichor? Do not try to shove it in the stove again. The meat will only dry out. It is better to put in a bag for baking or in the form, warm up a few minutes in the microwave.