Bird's wings, even though they are sold as a by-product, occupy an honorable place in Russian folklore. That Tsarevna Frog hides them in a sleeve, then they serve them for lunch to the girls for their promises - fly, they say, color-bearers, from their father's house. In the culinary tradition, it is somewhat different - chicken and other wings are considered more like a masculine dish - they are served smoked with beer, crispy - with stronger drinks. If we approach the compilation of the menu quite simply, then all the members of the family will enjoy the chicken wings with pleasure, the main thing is to cook them with taste, mood, with savory mustard-based sauce.
General principles for cooking chicken wings in mustard sauce
• Wings are cooked whole or divided into parts. Thin, meat-free tips are rarely used. Usually they are cut and left to cook broth. Wings are thoroughly washed with cool water, if necessary, removing feathers and brushing with dirt with a knife.
• The basis of the sauce - ready mustard, which is better, you decide. If you want to get a spicy dish, use homemade or purchased hot mustard. A milder taste is achieved by adding Dijon mustard - it is not so sharp.
• Mustard sauce is used to pickle the wings, and in them they are baked on a baking sheet or in a sleeve. This sauce is coated with already prepared, fried wings until crisp. There are recipes for chicken wings in mustard sauce and for the slow cooker; there is the simplest recipe of this dish in the selection.
Fried wings in mustard sauce (for beer)
• five large wings;
• 15 gr. spicy “Russian” mustard;
• refined oil - 100 ml;
• two spoons of honey;
• a quarter of a small lemon;
• ketchup spoon;
• Spice mixture “For aromatic chicken”.
1. First prepare the sauce for the wings. Mix ketchup, honey and mustard. Squeeze three medium cloves of garlic into the mixture, add fresh lemon juice and mix thoroughly. 2. Pour oil into the pan and heat it well. Fat should be a lot to get the effect of deep-frying.
3. Dip the wings in hot oil, fry on all sides until a uniform coloring. In the end, season with pepper, ready-made spices and add a little bit. Brown the wings well, so that the crust crunches.
4. Pour the finished wings with the previously prepared sauce and coat it well from all sides.
Wings in mustard sauce, in the oven
• large chicken wings - six pieces;
• mustard spoon;
• 25 gr. sour cream, fat content up to 20%;
• 72% mayonnaise;
• ground paprika, nutmeg, curry - a teaspoon of the mixture in equal proportions.
1. Wash chicken wings with cool water, towel dry.
2. Combine sour cream with mustard, add mayonnaise with spices, sprinkle a little salt and mix thoroughly. The sharpness of the sauce can be controlled by adding mustard.
3. We put dried wings into a small spacious dish. Pour the cooked sauce on them and mix. Make sure that the dressing is well obvolokla chicken. Cover the vessel tightly and place it in a cool place for one hour.
4. Marinated wings lay out in the form. The remains of the sauce carefully grease them on top.
5. Bake the wings in a mustard sauce at 200 degrees. Cooking time 35-40 minutes.
Baked wings in mustard sauce with cheese breading
• two kilograms of fleshy wings;
• three liters of water;
• a quarter cup of coarse salt;
• rosemary, thyme, oregano - in a spoon without a slide;
• large leaf of laurel;
• 70 milliliters of balsamic vinegar;
• a glass of finely grated cheese.
In the sauce:
• two tablespoons of spicy mustard;
• 30 ml of dark soy sauce;
• teaspoon of powdered sugar;
• three pinches of pounded black pepper;
• highly purified sunflower oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
• one third of a spoonful of chopped hot pepper.
Cooking Method: 1. Inspect the wings for feathers, wash them. Cutting the joints, we divide each into three parts. Leave more meaty pieces, and add the rest into a bag and put them in the freezer. For this recipe, they are not useful, but they will make an excellent broth.
2. In a large saucepan, pour three liters of water, lower the bay leaf, add spices, salt, pour vinegar. Mix well to dissolve the salt, put on an intense fire. Without waiting for boiling, we drop pieces of wings into the pan. Waiting for an intense boil, remove the foam and cook the wings for a quarter of an hour with medium heat.
3. Spread the welded wings on the grill and leave for at least a quarter of an hour. They should cool enough and dry well.
4. Cooking sauce. In a spacious bowl on a fine grater rub eight small cloves of garlic. Add a little salt and rub well, until a homogeneous slurry is obtained.
5. Add vegetable oil and soy concentrate to the garlic mass, put mustard, add hot and black pepper - mix. Then sprinkle icing sugar and stir it well in the sauce.
6. The wings, dried after cooking, are alternately dipped in marinade, then breaded in breadcrumbs. Again, moisten the marinade, and, roll in cheese chips, spread on a baking sheet. Pre-bottom of the roaster should be covered with a thin layer of vegetable oil.
7. Battered wings laid out on a baking tray lightly sprinkle with oil and sprinkle with the remnants of cheese chips.
8. Place the roaster in the hot oven (220 degrees). Cook until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Marinated wings in a mustard sauce grilled
• small chicken wings - fifteen pieces;
• 200 grams of sparse mayonnaise;
• half a cup of 15% sour cream;
• Rkatsiteli or similar wine - 100 ml;
• two spoons of Dijon mustard;
• 100 gr. garlic ketchup;
• large lemon;
• spices “For golden chicken” - to taste;
• 500 gr. lecho
1. Mix spices with a small amount of salt and rub the dried wings with a mixture. 2. Dip lemon in hot water. Having sustained about two minutes, we get, cut in two and squeeze the juice.
3. Putting lecho in a bowl. Add mustard, sour cream, ketchup and mayonnaise. Pour wine, lemon juice and carefully stir all the ingredients.
4. We cover the wings with cooked sauce from all sides, put them in a bowl and remove for marinating for three hours in the refrigerator.
5. Lubricate the grill pan with vegetable oil, set on medium heat and wait for strong heating. Then we lay out the marinated wings and cook, frying from all sides until rosy. You can cook over the coals using the barbecue grill.
The simplest recipe of wings in mustard sauce for the slow cooker
• ten large chicken wings;
• a spoon with a hill of honey, preferably liquid;
• Dijon mustard - a full spoon;
• a tablespoon and some more refined oil;
• tomato paste - 30 gr .;
• 0.25 spoons of pepper pounded in a mortar.
1. Combine vegetable oil with mustard. Add a tomato, salt a little, put the pepper and honey, and then mix well.
2. Wash the wings with cool water, cut them in two and immerse them in the prepared sauce. Mix well with hands and leave to warm for an hour.
3. Marinated wings lay out a bowl of the multicooker, pour out the remaining mustard sauce to them.
4. On the panel, select the option “Baking”, set the time to 45 minutes, and the temperature at 145 degrees - start the slow cooker by clicking on “Start”.
5. Without waiting for the sound signal, about half an hour after the program is activated, we mix up the preparing wings. We continue the process until the sound notification.
Wings in mustard sauce in the oven in the sleeve
• not frozen chicken wings - 1 kg;
• two spoons of mustard;
• 120 gr. Fat “European” mayonnaise;
• 2 tablespoons of spice mix “For poultry”.
1. Put the mayonnaise in a wide bowl. Add to it mustard, a tablespoon of spices and stir thoroughly. 2. We wash the wings with water, put them in a separate bowl. Salt slightly, sprinkle with remaining spices. Stirring with hands, we press a little, trying to carefully rub the spices into the wings.
3. Pour the mustard sauce to the chicken and mix everything well again. Make sure that each wing is covered with sauce.
4. Heat the oven to 230 degrees. Wings with mustard sauce shift in the sleeve. Remove from it a maximum of air and tightly fix the free edges. We make several punctures on the surface of the package and place it on a baking sheet. Cook for about 25 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the sleeve from the oven, put it on a cutting board and cut the top. We shift the wings on a dish, pour sauce, remaining in the "package".
Crispy Wings Marinated in Mustard Deep Fried
• kilo chicken wings;
• three tablespoons of very spicy mustard;
• 50 ml of soy sauce;
• three spoons of liquid honey;
• refined oil;
• three eggs;
• Wheat flour;
• unsweetened cornflakes;
• crushed hot pepper.
1. We split the wings and cut them into joints. The result will be two more meaty pieces and one small edge of the wing. The latter, consisting only of skin and bones, we do not need. Put these pieces in a bag and put them in the freezer - they can be used when cooking broth.
2. Fill the cut wings with cool water, add some salt and bring it to a boil on intense fire. In the process, be sure to remove all the foam from the surface of the broth. As soon as it starts to boil, turn off the heat and leave the wings in the broth until complete cooling.
3. Put the cooled chicken pieces in a bowl and pour in soy sauce for 20 minutes. Then add the mustard mixed with honey, mix, leave in the sauce for another quarter of an hour. After that, spread on a grid or paper towel and lightly dry.
4. Pour eggs into a small bowl. Fork pierce the yolks and carefully razbaltyvaem. We add, having previously crushed with a special press, 3 small garlic cloves, slightly chopped hot pepper and together we interrupt to a uniform blender. 5. Put the corn flakes in a tight bag and roll over it several times with a rolling pin. The resulting crumb poured into a wide bowl. Pour flour in the same pot.
6. Fragments of the wings, first rolled in flour, then dipped into the eggs and carefully rolled in a crumb. We spread on the table or chopping board and give a “dry out” for a quarter of an hour. During this time, several times we turn the pieces. So the flakes stick tight and won't fall off.
7. Pour vegetable oil into a small cauldron, heat well on medium heat. As soon as a light haze comes from him, we lower the wings and cook for three minutes. You should not immediately put a lot of pieces, otherwise the heating of the deep fat will drop dramatically and the dish will not work. Lower one-time not more than five pieces.
8. Put the fried wings on a paper towel so that it absorbs excess fat.
Tips for cooking wings in a mustard sauce - useful tips
• On feathers of poultry often “hemp” from feathers. To remove them, use tweezers.
• Do not be afraid to experiment. Season the sauce not only with the recommended spices. Use your favorite instead, supplement the sauce with herbs, garlic, season with fresh herbs.
• Chicken wings are perfectly combined with any side dish. They can be served with potatoes, pasta, side dishes of cereals or beans.