Turkey - a bird, undeservedly overlooked in domestic cooking.
The explanation for this is only one thing - the bird is capricious, and it's not easy to grow it.
Perhaps this is why the birds' carcasses, or ground meat, do not often visit our kitchens.
If you are lucky enough to purchase such products, then it is worth getting acquainted with the details of cooking.
Turkey is a large bird with a relatively hard meat. Dishes from it should stew, or cook from minced meat.
Turkey cutlets - general principles of cooking
• Prepare minced turkey meatballs in a far from one way. They are fried in a pan, baked in the oven or steamed. In a slow cooker with such cutlets, you can not only easily, but also quickly cook an entire dinner.
• When preparing the cutlet mass, the turkey flesh is twisted with a meat grinder or interrupted by any home processor. In chopped turkey cutlets cut with a knife as small as possible. For faster cooking, minced turkey meat is purchased in a ready-made form.
• Depending on the recipe, vegetables, eggs, sour cream, bread, oatmeal or boiled cereals (rice) are added to the cutlet mass.
• Often turkey meatballs cooked with filling. Boiled vegetables or fried mushrooms are suitable in this capacity.
• Turkey breast cutlets are best cooked in a sauce or gravy. The meat of this part of the carcass is still dry for meatballs.
• Serve potatoes, cereals or pasta as a side dish for turkey meatballs. Not bad they are combined with vegetables, both fresh and fermented.
Turkey minced meatballs with mushroom filling
• Turkey minced - 500 grams;
• 200 gr. champignons;
• 50 gr. sour cream;
• small (50 gr.) Piece of loaf;
• 100 ml of milk;
• white breadcrumbs for breading.
1. Baton pour milk for 7 minutes. Remove the crust and squeeze excess liquid well. 2. Mix the soaked loaf with minced meat. Salt lightly, add ground pepper to your taste and mix well.
3. Cut sliced champignons into medium-sized slices. Put the mushrooms in a dry frying pan and stew in your own juice for a quarter of an hour. Be sure to cover the pan with a lid and occasionally stir the mushrooms.
4. Add sour cream and salt. Stir slowly and continue cooking with a little heat. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and cool the mushroom stuffing.
5. From the cutlet mass, form a suitable size cake. Lay on each spoonful of filling and gently tweak the edges. Give the blanks a round shape and roll in breadcrumbs.
6. In a frying pan on very low heat, melt the butter. Add the temperature and warm it well. Put the breaded patties in the butter and fry until tender.
“Fantasy” - original turkey burgers with filling
• turkey fillet - 500 gr .;
• 400 gr. vegetable mixture (frozen);
• one onion;
• raw chicken egg;
• 100 gr. white loaf pulp;
• wheat bread crumbs;
• 50 ml low-fat milk.
1. Rinse the flesh and, gently kneading, rinse with water. Cut into small pieces and twist the meat in a meat grinder.
2. In milk, soak the pulp of the loaf (without crusts) for 10 minutes. Remove and squeeze moisture by hand.
3. Transfer the bread to the mince, add the grated onions. To taste, put ground pepper, salt with fine salt and knead well.
4. Put frozen vegetables in boiling, quite a bit salted water and boil on medium heat for 7 minutes. Throw the vegetable mixture into a colander and strain the whole broth well.
5. Make cutlets of centimeter thickness from the cutlet mass. At the middle of each billet, place the vegetables and fix the edges so that the filling looks out a little.
6. Roll the cutlet semi-finished products in breadcrumbs and fry in vegetable oil.
Fried “Savory Cutlets” made from minced turkey
• minced turkey - 800 gr .;
• two spoons of sour cream 15%;
• 4 table. spoons of semolina;
• four sprigs of dill;
• two teaspoons of unsharp mustard;
• 1 chicken fresh egg;
• granulated sugar - 2 tsp.
1. Put the minced turkey in a bowl. Add semolina, sugar, ground pepper. Mix the sour cream with mustard, salt and send the mixture in the stuffing. Enter the raw egg and knead thoroughly.
2. In dill cut the stems, finely chop. Add chopped greens to the cutlet mass and stir well again.
3. Heat a thick-walled frying pan with sunflower oil over low heat. With a large spoon, hook the mince and dip it in butter.
4. Fry the patties to a rich blush on each side. 3 minutes is usually enough.
5. As all the chops are fried, put them in a deep saucepan or pot. Pour in some water and simmer, covered with a lid for 10 minutes on minimal heat.
Baked turkey cutlets with cabbage in tomato gravy
• 450 gr. turkey pulp (boneless);
• 200 gr. white cabbage;
• two small carrots;
• two onions;
• 150 gr. semolina.
• teaspoon thick tomato;
• one and a half tablespoons of white flour;
• leaf of laurel;
• butter, natural oil - 75 gr.
1. Wash the turkey thoroughly and twist together with cabbage, carrot and onion in a meat grinder. Add the semolina, lightly salted and pepper. Mix well and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
2. Using wet hands, form the semi-finished products and place them on a greased baking sheet. Do not put cutlets close to each other. There must be a small distance between them.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and place a broiler in it for 20 minutes.
4. Five minutes until cooked, pour plenty of melted butter over the dish. If the oven is equipped with a grill, turn it on. 5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the oil. Add flour and stir well to avoid lumps.
6. Dilute tomato paste in one and a half cups of water and pour into a saucepan. Stir and continue to boil until thick gravy.
7. Place the baked cutlets in a deep pan, pour in the gravy and dip the laurel (1 sheet) into it. Pepper, salt to taste. You can add a mixture of “Spices for poultry”. Cover the container with a lid and stir the dish in the gravy for five minutes.
“Solar cutlets” made of turkey minced meat with a pumpkin in a double boiler
• 600 gr. turkey (minced meat);
• 100 gr. Oatmeal "Hercules";
• 300 gr. pumpkin pulp;
• two medium onions.
1. You can take the purchase of minced meat or cook yourself. Any part of the carcass will do, but it would be better if you take the breast and thigh.
2. Pumpkin pulp with onions twist in a meat grinder and shift to turkey minced meat. Mix well and add oatmeal to it. If the cutlet mass turned out to be watery, put some more oatmeal. You can also remove the stuffing for half an hour in the fridge.
3. Mold from the mince billet, put in a double boiler and cook for about half an hour.
Chopped Turkey Rice Patties
• turkey fillet - 550 grams;
• one and a half cup of round grain rice;
• one sweet pepper;
• a little young dill.
1. Enumerate, rinse the rice well and boil until half cooked. Put the cereal in a lightly salted boiling water. Then reduce the heat and bring to the desired state. Drop rice into a colander and refrigerate. Rinse after boiling optional.
2. Cut the flesh of sweet pepper into small slices and mix with chilled rice. Add the turkey's flesh sliced as small as possible, enter the egg and place the chopped dill. Sprinkle the cutlet mass with ground black pepper, and, while spitting, mix thoroughly.
3. Heat vegetable oil (olive or sunflower oil) in a pan. Spoon the minced meat into the butter, slightly level it and fry for about 6 minutes, with medium heat. Then flip, cover the pan and fry for another five minutes. 4. Serve hot with a vegetable garnish.
“Nests” with minced turkey cutlet - quick dinner in a slow cooker
• macaroni nests - 8 pieces;
• half a kilo of turkey minced meat;
• 20% sour cream - 100 grams;
• two spoons of ketchup;
• 70 grams of non-hard hard cheese;
• large onion head.
1. In a bowl with minced meat, rub the larger onions. Add ground pepper, salt and mix well.
2. Grease the cooking bowl with oil and place it over the bottom of the pasta.
3. Pour in the water. It should cover the “nest” only half.
4. At the center of each “nest”, place the ball out of the cutlet mass and slightly flatten it with your hand or spoon.
5. Smear turkey patties with sour cream mixed with ketchup. Sprinkle each nest with coarsely grated cheese.
6. On the processor, set the “Baking” option for 30 minutes. and start the execution.
7. Serve hot.
Turkey burgers with apple, bacon
• Turkey flesh - 600 gr. (breast);
• medium sized onion;
• one apple, preferably sour-sweet;
• raw chicken egg;
• bacon strips - 8 pcs.
1. Flesh the young turkey thoroughly wash, lightly dry and grind in a meat grinder or home processor (combine, blender).
2. In the mince with a large grater, rub the apple and onion. Add the raw chicken egg, ground pepper, mix and salt.
3. From the cutlet mass, form eight identical semi-finished products of an oblong shape. Wrap each bacon strips and fry over low heat in vegetable oil. Dip the cutlets only in well-heated butter so that they quickly turn red. Cook each side for no longer than 10 minutes.
4. Serve hot with mashed potatoes. You can serve fresh or pickled vegetables as a side dish.
Turkey minced meatballs - tips and useful tips
• If you add potato starch to the minced meat turkey meat cutlets will be better off and not stick to each other. • Semi-finished minced meat products may fall apart when formed. To prevent this from happening again, knead the cutlet mass well. Then slightly beat her on the table.
• If the semi-finished products are first dipped in an egg and then breaded, the dish will turn juicier.
• Turkey minced meatballs are recommended to be breaded in flour or white breadcrumbs. In this case, the crust is more tender.
• If you add mashed ginger or nutmeg to the cutlet mass, the peculiar smell of roast turkey will not be felt.
• If the cutlets are stuck to the pan, remove it from the heat and try to turn the semi-finished products in two minutes.
• Turkey cutlets are usually quite large. If the children refuse to eat them, you can make the original setting. You will need fresh soft bagels, turkey meatballs and eggs. Add the dish with green onions and canned peas. A bagel is cut with a very sharp knife from the end into two halves. We put the received forms on big flat plates. Put a cutlet in the middle, a spoonful of peas on top of it, and fried egg with the third “floor”. From the donut we spread the feathers of the onion “rays” to the edges of the plate. You can part of the "rays" draw a non-sharp ketchup.