Meatballs - small balls that are added to the soup or served with side dishes.
They can be prepared from different meats.
Today the star is turkey.
Dietary, tasty and healthy bird.
What are turkey meatballs made with and how?
Turkey Meatballs - General Cooking Principles
For the preparation of minced meat used fillet from the breast or thigh turkey. The cut is twisted in a meat grinder or chopped in a combine. You can add other types of meat, lard.
What else is put in minced meat:
The mass is thoroughly stirred, and balls are formed from it. For the soup they make small meatballs, their size does not exceed quail eggs. If you plan to use meat balls for garnish, then you can stick a little larger, for example, like a walnut.
Meatballs can be cooked, fry, bake or simmer. Sometimes cooking combines several types of heat treatment, which has a positive effect on the final taste of the dish.
Recipe 1: Turkey Meatballs with Rice for Soup
Replacing meat with turkey meatballs reduces the cooking time for first courses without compromising the taste. Prepare such soups quickly, the broth turns rich and nourishing. And if the balls are pre-fry, it is also very fragrant.
• 0.4 kg turkey;
• 1 egg;
• a little dry dill;
• 70 grams of rice;
• garlic clove.
1. Rice fall asleep in a pot of boiling water, boil seven minutes. We run. Before cooking the cereal must be washed.
2. While rice is being cooked, we twist the turkey in the meat grinder. You can chop in a combine or use ready-made minced meat.
3. Combine with rice, add egg.
4. Put a pinch of dry greens of dill, salt and pepper, squeeze a clove of garlic, if it does not contradict the taste of the soup. 5. Mix the stuffing. To make the balls easy to roll and get neat, you can repel it. This is done on the table.
6. Meatballs run directly into the broth. In this case, this is done before adding chopped potatoes or a minute after boiling.
7. You can meat balls first fry in a pan. In this case, they are laid in the pot a little later, approximately in the middle of cooking potatoes. Fats for roasting can be used any.
Recipe 2: Dietary Meatballs
For dietary meatballs from turkey, it is undesirable to use purchased minced meat, as there is a lot of skin and fat in it. This product is much more calories and worse absorbed by the body. Meatballs cooked according to this recipe can be used for first and second courses.
• 600 grams of turkey fillet;
• 1 egg;
• 1 onion;
• 1 small carrot.
1. We twist the fillet in the stuffing with the onion.
2. Add carrots grated with small chips or simply cut the root vegetable. But the pieces should turn out small and thin, so that they could cook.
3. Put the egg, salt and pepper. To taste, add other spices, you can lay the greens.
4. Roll the meatballs and you can cook any dish.
Recipe 3: Turkey Meatballs for Kids
Introduction of meat products in the diet of children is not so simple. A rare mother enjoys daily downtime at the stove to prepare a tiny portion. Exit - make meatballs. They can be frozen and get the meat balls at the right time, and cooking does not take much time.
• 300 grams of turkey;
• 150 grams of cabbage;
• 50 grams of onions;
• 50 grams of carrots;
• 1 egg.
1. Cabbage is added to the stuffing to smooth the meat taste. You can use color, broccoli or white. Shred small pieces. Twist should not be, otherwise the meat will be liquid. 2. Wash the turkey, cut into pieces and twist together with carrots and onions.
3. Combine with cabbage, add the egg and salt. Stir.
4. If the mass turns out to be liquid, you can add a little semolina or chopped oatmeal, then let stand for swelling.
5. We moisten hands and roll meatballs. Then cook or freeze. In the second version, the meat balls should be laid out on the board and put into the freezer for 3-4 hours. Then assemble in a bag or container, hermetically packed and put back in the chamber.
Recipe 4: Turkey Meatballs in Creamy Gravy
Recipe delicate meatballs in a creamy sauce. They are perfectly combined with cereal and vegetable side dishes, boiled macaroni.
• 0.5 kg turkey;
• 250 ml of cream;
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 onion;
• 60 grams of butter;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil;
• 1 spoonful of flour;
• 1 egg;
• 0.5 buns of parsley (dill can be used).
From the spices you will need: nutmeg, salt, black pepper, sweet paprika.
1. Cut the peeled onion into cubes, send to the pan with 10 ml of vegetable oil. Fry until ruddy color.
2. Twist the turkey, add onions, chopped garlic and egg. Then season with nutmeg, paprika, black pepper and salt. Stir and form meatballs.
3. Fry the meat balls on the pan with the remaining vegetable oil. We remove.
4. Add the butter to the pan, heat it and fry the flour in it.
5. Pour in the cream, stir continuously. Add a glass of boiling water to the sauce and heat it. We salt.
6. Now you can add meatballs to the pan or shift them to the pan, and then pour the sauce.
7. Cover and simmer for ten minutes. Add the parsley.
Recipe 5: Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Gravy
Another cooking option for turkey meatballs. In addition to the gravy, the recipe differs in the composition of the minced meat, which is to taste closer to the cutlet mass. Ingredients
• 0.5 kg of minced turkey;
• 3 pieces of bread;
• 2 onions;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 130 ml of milk;
• 25 g of oil;
• 500 ml of water or broth;
• 50 g of pasta;
• seasonings to your taste.
1. Fill the bread with milk. It is better to use stale pieces so that the mass does not become slippery. Leave to swell, then squeeze a little and mix with a twisted turkey.
2. Add onions. It can be just finely chopped.
3. Put the spices and stir. We form rounded balls. Size is arbitrary. You can make very small meatballs or closer in size to meatballs.
4. Pour oil into the pan. Drop the meatballs and lightly fry. We take out in a bowl.
5. Do not remove the griddle from the heat, but add flour to it. Brown to golden color.
6. Add tomato paste, fry until brownish.
7. Pour in the broth in small portions, each time the sauce is vigorously stirred, so as not to form lumps. We warm up.
8. Add salt, pepper.
9. Put the fried meatballs into the sauce, cover and simmer until tender. We refuel chopped greens. Cooking time depends on the size of the product.
Recipe 6: Turkey Meatballs in the oven
But this cooking option for turkey meatballs is good because the dish does not require close attention. Mince prepared for any recipe, meatballs sculpt arbitrary size.
• 700 grams of meatballs;
• 1 onion;
• 2 tablespoons of pasta or tomato ketchup;
• 2 spoons of mayonnaise or sour cream;
• 3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
• 300 ml of water;
• 1 spoonful of flour.
1. Cut the peeled onion into small cubes. We shift in a frying pan and fry with butter.
2. As soon as the pieces begin to brown, add flour.
3. Combine ketchup with soy sauce and mayonnaise, put it in the pan. We warm, but do not boil. 4. Pour in broth or plain water, boil the sauce until soft onions. Then cool a little and rub through a sieve. The remaining onion pieces are discarded. We fill the sauce with spices.
5. Formed meatballs fold in a greased form and pour the cooked sauce.
6. Send to the oven and cook for about half an hour.
Recipe 7: Turkey Meatballs with Vegetables
A nutritious but easy dish of vegetables and meatballs. At will the type and quantity of additional ingredients can be changed.
• 400 grams of minced turkey;
• 80 grams of sour cream;
• 1 egg;
• 500 grams of cabbage;
• 200 grams of carrots;
• 100 grams of onions;
• 70 grams of oil.
1. Combine minced meat with chopped onion, egg and spices. Stir and form small meatballs.
2. Heat up some of the oil and fry on both sides. We spread in a separate vessel.
3. Cut the carrot and cabbage into strips, spread it into the pan, adding the rest of the oil. Fry until reduced.
4. Then add salt, meatballs.
5. Sour cream mixed with 100 ml of water, pour into a dish.
6. Cover, stew until soft vegetables. Often, stir the dish is not worth it, so as not to damage the integrity of the meatballs.
Recipe 8: Turkey Meatballs with Cheese
These meat balls are undesirable to use for soup. But such turkey meatballs are perfectly combined with any side dishes and sauces.
• 0.5 kg turkey;
• 2 bulbs;
• 0.15 kg of cheese;
• 1 yolk;
• 1 clove garlic.
1. Cut the onion into medium cubes and fry in a griddle until transparent. Add oil quite a bit.
2. Twist the turkey and combine with fried onions, add the yolk, chopped garlic and seasonings.
3. We rub cheese with coarse chips and also we shift them to mince. Stir, form meatballs.
4. Fry in a pan, then add tomato or cream sauce, simmer until tender. 5. You can put the balls in the form, pour the sauce and bake in the closet.
Turkey Meatballs - Tips and Tricks
• Turkey skin is mainly composed of fat and is very high in calories. Therefore, when cooking diet meatballs, it is better to remove it.
• It will be much easier to sculpt meatballs if you wet your hands with cold water. A minced meat is recommended before the procedure well beat off on the table.
• In the meatballs, you can add not only rice. Buckwheat and oatmeal combine perfectly with minced turkey. The latter do not need to boil. They are laid in raw minced and left a lot for half an hour to swell.
• If the minced meat is thin and the meatballs cannot be molded, you can add semolina, breadcrumbs, ground oatmeal or bran.
• If meatballs are served with a side dish, they can be breaded in flour or breadcrumbs before frying. On the meatballs appetizing crust will appear.
• Adding egg liquefies the consistency of minced meat. This should be taken into account if a small number of meatballs are being cooked. It may be better to add half an egg or lay only the yolk.
• Meatballs can be frozen, not only in raw form, but also after pre-frying. The next time you need to just get them out of the freezer, pour the sauce and put it out.