Salads with olive oil - the general principles of cooking
Olive oil is known as the most beneficial of all types of vegetable fats. What is the secret of its usefulness? First of all, the benefits of the oil are due to the high content of monounsaturated fatty acids. Oleic acid, which is found in large quantities in olive oil, helps in the process of reducing the level of cholesterol in human blood. In addition, olive oil can significantly reduce the feeling of hunger, accelerate metabolic processes and a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
Use more chopped parsley, dill, wild garlic, and basil in your salads. To make the salad with olive oil more unusual, then add chopped nuts (walnut, almond, cashew), flax seeds - even if it is not indicated in the recipe. Instead of vinegar, give preference to lemon juice.
Salads with olive oil are very helpful, include them in your daily diet during the daytime.
Salads with olive oil - preparing food and dishes
Most salads with olive oil are made from fresh vegetables. To get all the benefits of salad do not save on the quality of the products. Choose only fresh vegetables, then rinse them well in warm water, as today all vegetables and fruits are processed with preservatives.
If the salad is not laid out in layers, it is best to use a deep ceramic bowl.
If you decide to cook, layered salad, then prefer flat large plates.
Olive oil salad recipes:
Recipe 1: Salad with olive oil cabbage
Cabbage is a vegetable available on our tables throughout the year. Any dish from cabbage is useful and tasty. Try making a salad with olive oil and cabbage. It is very easy to prepare, it takes only a little time and material costs, but the taste will please it. Perfect as a side dish to meat or fish dishes or as a separate dish. Ingredients Required:
- White cabbage- 0.5 kg
- Cucumber - 2-3 pieces
- Green onions - 4-5 pieces
- Parsley, dill
- Soy sauce- 1/2 tablespoon
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
1. Chop the cabbage as thin and as small as possible. Pour it into a separate container, salt it a little and shake hands - in a salad such cabbage will be much softer and juicier.
2. Cut the cucumbers into small square slices.
3. Chop fine greens and onions.
4. Mix the ingredients, season with oil and olive oil. Salad ready!
Recipe 2: Salad with “Vitamin” olive oil
Seasons change each other, and the human body requires support with vitamins all year round. Do not deny him this and do not be fooled by pills from the pharmacy. It is better to cook for yourself and your family more often healthy salads and do not forget to fill them with “liquid gold” - olive oil.
- Bulgarian red pepper - 2-3 pieces
- Red tomatoes - 2-3 pieces
- Red cabbage - 0.5 kg
- Green onions - 4-5 pieces
- Parsley - 5-6 branches
- Fresh basil - 5 grams
- Olive oil for refilling
- Salt, pepper
1. Chop the cabbage finely, transfer it to a deep container, add some salt and shake palms.
2. Wash the peppers, peel off the kernels and tails. Cut into thin strips.
3. Wash the tomatoes, scald with boiling water and peel off the skins. Cut into large lobules.
4. Chop the parsley, divide the basil into leaves, and chop the onion.
5. Mix the ingredients, season with oil and seasonings. Salad with olive oil “Vitamin” is ready.
Recipe 3: Salad with Olive Oil “Greek”
Probably, for most people, olive oil is associated primarily with Greece. And this is not in vain - it was the Greeks who brought to the culinary culture a magnificent and healthy olive oil. Greek salad is very satisfying due to the content of “Feta” cheese and unusual in taste due to the combination of creamy taste with vegetable.
- Bulgarian pepper -2 pieces
- Tomato -2 pieces
- Lolla-Ross lettuce leaf 5-6 sheets
- Cucumber - 3 pieces
- Black olives without pits -100 grams
- Feta Cheese - 400 grams
- Parsley 5-6 sprigs
- Large onion - 1 piece
1. Wash the peppers, peel off the seeds and tail. Cut into large cubes.
2. Wash the tomatoes, scald with boiling water and peel off the skins. Cut into large cubes.
3. Chop the parsley, chop the onion finely, cut the salad into strips.
4. Cut each olive into two halves.
5. Cut the feta cheese into small squares.
6. Mix the ingredients, season with oil and seasonings. Salad with olive oil “Greek” is ready to eat.
Recipe 4: Chicken Salad with Olive Oil
There is nothing more useful than dishes in which not only tastes are skillfully combined, but also useful properties and qualities of the products used. Salads made with meat and vegetables are ideal in this regard. Meat is a source of protein, and vegetables are valuable “slow” carbohydrates that give saturation and benefit the body. This salad has an unusual ingredient - flax seed. Pour it generously, even more than the specified amount - this is a very useful product that lowers blood sugar to the desired level and it is useful for people with diabetes.
- Fresh cucumber - 2-3 pieces
- Tomatoes - 2-3 pieces
- Chicken fillet - 400 grams
- Peking cabbage - 500 grams
- Parsley and Dill
- Oil for dressing olive 2 tablespoons
- Flax seeds 2-3 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce
1. Boil chicken fillet (for 1-15 minutes until the meat is soft), then cool and cut into thin long slices.
2. Wash vegetables well and cut into thin slices, tomato - into slices.
3. Peking cabbage shred as thin as possible, chop the greens.
4. Mix all the ingredients gently (so as not to drip the juice from the tomato), season with oil, olive sauce and sprinkle with seed of ice. Gorgeous salad with olive oil and chicken is ready!
Recipe 5: Salad with olive oil and shrimp
What is great about seafood is that it’s high in protein, low in fat and carbohydrates, and a great light flavor. Along with this, seafood will give you satiety, even in small quantities. Try making a salad with olive oil and shrimps.
- King prawns- 700 grams
- Iceberg lettuce - 6-7 sheets
- Lolla-Ross Salad - 6-7 sheets
- Arugula - 100 grams
- Cherry tomatoes - 200 grams
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil for dressing - 2 tablespoons
1. Shrimp can be boiled or fried. If you fry, they will turn out crispy, and if boiled, they will be more tender and juicy. In any case, no matter what method of cooking you choose, the shrimp must be cleaned, rinsed in running water. Boil the shrimp for 5-8 minutes in boiling water. If you decide to fry, then choose for roasting not olive oil, but sunflower oil. To shrimp turned out tasty and crispy, but not overcooked, no need to keep them on fire for more than 4-5 minutes. Stir constantly while roasting. Cool it down. 2. Tear lettuce leaves, mix with rocket.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. For the beauty of the dish is best to use red and yellow tomatoes.
4. Mix all ingredients, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with olive oil. Enjoy a delicious salad with olive oil and shrimp!
Salads with olive oil - secrets and tips from the best chefs
Olive oil is a valuable and healthy product, but if you choose it incorrectly, you can even harm your body.
Do not buy olive oil at the lowest price. Most likely, this is some kind of industrial surrogate. Choose the average price category.
Buy oil in a dark glass bottle. Plastic poorly stores the properties of oil.
After purchase, put the oil in a dark cool place. If you do not have such a place in the kitchen, you can put oil in the fridge.
Do not use olive oil for roasting! The fact is that when heated, olive oil loses its qualities, and you will waste valuable product. Refill with olive oil and porridge, add it to sauces, but it is better to fry in sunflower oil.