Pumpkin grows everywhere in our country, but now this product is not very popular.
There are, of course, those who add pumpkin to porridge or to pastries, there are those who bake it, but there are only such units.
But from such a wholesome and with the proper preparation of a genuine, tasty vegetable, you can prepare a lot of interesting dishes, which also include an amazing tasty sweet treat - pumpkin jam with oranges. Surprisingly, this jam is pleasant even to those who could not stand a pumpkin for the spirit, and the composition of the dessert is rarely anyone can guess.
Pumpkin jam with orange - the general principles of cooking
Before proceeding directly to the preparation of the delicacy, let us consider why it is worth trying to make this delicious jam:
• you can buy a pumpkin in the summer practically everywhere at a reasonable price;
• pumpkin has a large number of useful properties: it contains vitamins, trace elements, speeds up the metabolism, removes excess fluid from the body;
• due to the presence of citrus, the specific taste of pumpkin in jam is not felt at all;
• adding different ingredients, experimenting with spices, you can get a new dessert every time.
So, the pumpkin must be cleared of the peel, seeds and fibrous parts of the pulp. Next, the pulp is cut into small cubes or cubes, slices or slices, or grated or scrolled in a meat grinder - depending on the recipe and the desired consistency of jam.
Oranges and lemons are washed and also crushed. This component can be used with or without peel. If it is decided not to peel the peel, then it is recommended to boil the oranges several times so that they do not taste bitter in the finished product.
Also in the jam, you can add spices or nuts, pumpkin with oranges with almonds, cashews, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon are very well combined. Jam is prepared mainly in aluminum or stainless pans, but it is not recommended to cook delicacy in enamelled ones.
Store the finished sweetness, rolling tightly or corking the lid, in a cool dark place.
1. Pumpkin jam with orange and lemon
• kilogram of pumpkin pulp;
• a kilogram of oranges;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 200 grams of lemon.
1. Pumpkin thoroughly washed. Cut off the peel, release the pulp from the seeds. Cut into thin slices of small size.
2. We wash oranges and lemons just as well. Without peeling citrus fruits, we cut the fruit into four parts.
3. Now we cut every quarter across thin layers, simultaneously removing the bones if necessary.
4. Mix the prepared pulp of pumpkin with oranges and lemon, fall asleep sugar. Leave the mass for a couple of hours.
5. We shift the pumpkin with citrus and the syrup released into the pot of a suitable size. Boil, stirring for 20 minutes.
6. Fully cool the jam, then we again wean for 10-15 minutes until thick.
7. We shift the jam hot in sterilized jars, roll up.
2. Pumpkin jam with orange and dried apricots
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• 600 grams of dried apricots;
• 1,2 granulated sugar;
• 5 g vanilla;
• 200-300 grams of orange.
1. Cleaned and thoroughly washed pumpkin rub on a coarse grater.
2. My orange, peeled together with a white layer. Cut the flesh, remove the bones.
3. Thoroughly washed dried apricots are poured with boiling water for 15-20 minutes, rinsed, dried and cut into strips.
4. Put all the prepared ingredients in a pan for cooking jam, sprinkle with sugar. Stir.
5. Cook the treat on a slow fire, constantly stirring and removing the foam, if necessary, for 15 minutes. Cooling down. Again we weary and cool. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
6. For the fifth time pour vanilla into jam, bring to a boil. 7. Pour the hot jam into a sterilized container, tightly close the lids.
3. Pumpkin jam with orange in a slow cooker
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 0.5 kg of orange;
• 5 g of citric acid.
1. Wash my pumpkin and oranges well.
2. Remove the peel from the pumpkin, remove the seeds and fibers. Pulp cut into cubes.
3. Oranges are cut in random order, remove the seeds.
4. Scroll through both ingredients in a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
5. Thoroughly mix both masses with sugar. Give the jam to stand in this form for a couple of hours at room temperature.
6. After the allotted time, we transfer the fragrant mass to the multi-cook bowl.
7. Cook for 2 hours by setting the “Quenching” mode. During cooking, open the slow cooker several times and mix the jam.
8. If we see that juice is not enough, then no later than 30 minutes before the readiness we pour in about a third or half cup of ordinary water.
9. For 10-15 minutes, pour citric acid.
10. We roll up the finished jam in a sterile container with a tight-fitting lid.
4. Pumpkin jam with orange zest and sea buckthorn
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• kilogram of sea buckthorn;
• pound of sugar;
• 100 grams of orange zest.
1. First of all, thoroughly sort the sea buckthorn, selecting not spoiled fruit.
2. We rinse the berries, fold them in a colander, and after they dry out a little, crush them in any convenient way and squeeze the juice.
3. My pumpkin, peel, cut the flesh into small cubes.
4. Pour into a saucepan, where we will prepare sea buckthorn jam. Pour sugar. While stirring, completely dissolve the sugar in the juice.
5. Add the prepared pumpkin and finely grated orange zest.
6. Regularly stirring, we simmer the jam on low heat until the pumpkin becomes transparent. It takes about 30-35 minutes.
7. If desired, a pinch of nutmeg can be added five minutes before readiness, which will give the treat a special aroma. 8. Put the prepared jam in prepared jars, close.
5. Pumpkin jam with orange and almond
• 1.2 cleaned pumpkin;
• 300 grams of orange;
• 900 grams of sugar;
• 200 grams of almond kernels;
• 5-6 buds of carnation.
1. Fill the almonds with boiling water for 15-20 minutes, then drain the liquid, and remove the husks from the nuts themselves.
2. Cut the pumpkin in advance cleaned into bars about three centimeters by size.
3. Put the pumpkin pieces in the pan, sprinkle with sugar, mix.
4. On top of the pumpkin we lay out carefully washed and cut into thin circles or semicircles, if the fruit is large, oranges.
5. We insist in this way a mass of about 3 hours.
6. Boil the jam on a quiet fire for 15 minutes, cool, boil again, cool again.
7. With the third approach to boiling add almonds and cloves.
8. Put the thickened cooked jam in cans, simultaneously removing a clove so that the spice does not interrupt the taste of orange and pumpkin during storage.
9. We roll containers with lids, and after it cools, we remove them for storage.
6. Pumpkin jam with orange, lemon and spices
• 1.3 pumpkin pulp;
• a pound of oranges;
• a pound of lemon;
• kilogram of granulated sugar;
• 3-4 cm ginger root;
• 2-3 grams of cardamom.
1. Cut pumpkin pulp into cubes about 2 cm in size. Pour into a saucepan.
2. We also rub the ginger root on a fine grater, put the lemon zest and 300 grams of granulated sugar.
3. Leave the mass, stirring it, for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
4. From the remaining lemons we squeeze out the juice into a small container, and cut the washed oranges in small slices, extracting the stone when cutting.
5. Mix all ingredients in one large saucepan, add granulated sugar, bring to a boil.
6. Tomim on the quietest fire until thick, about 20-30 minutes.
7. 5 minutes before the end of cooking pour cardamom, mix. 8. Place the ready-made jam in the previously prepared clean container.
Pumpkin jam with orange - tips and tricks
• To make really tasty jam, you need to take a responsible approach to the choice of the main ingredient: pumpkin. The fruit should be small, not overripe, without dents and obvious signs of rot.
• Oranges should be sweet. Strongly sour or bitter fruits spoil the taste of the finished delicacy. Of course, choosing oranges in the store is impossible to understand, they are tasty or not, so it is best to try each fruit when slicing.
• When adding lemon and oranges to jam, make sure that the fruits are not overripe, otherwise the type of jam will not be very presentable.
• Do not forget to remove the bones from oranges and lemons, otherwise the ready-made jam will turn out to be bitter.
• If you like thick jam, do not cut the pumpkin, but rub it on a grater.
• If you use peeled oranges for cooking jam and add at least a tablespoon of grated zest to the mass during cooking, this will add a particularly bright flavor to the jam.
• Due to the short cooking of jam in several passes, you contribute to the preservation of most vitamins.
• Thanks to orange, pumpkin jam acquires an indescribable aroma and unobtrusive sourness, but you can also add other citrus fruits, apples, dried fruits to add new flavors.
• To add special savor to the treat, add vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg at the end of cooking in a minimal amount of spices.