Jam also consists of fruit and sugar, but it is not the same as jam or jam.
A thick, homogeneous, aromatic mass is ideal for sweet sandwiches, pastries and other desserts. Most often, jam is made from apples, this taste is familiar, but no longer interesting.
To add novelty to the delicacy, try adding an orange to it!
Apple jam with orange - general principles of preparation
Jam is made from summer and autumn apples, which are easy to boil soft. You can take broken, crumpled, overripe fruit. But they should not be moldy, black, rotten. Fruits cut finely or twist. Often use the second option to reduce cooking time. The skin is not removed, it contributes to the thickening of the product.
Oranges require thorough washing, as they often undergo numerous treatments. Citruses are washed with a brush, you can use baking soda, pour fruit over the boiling water. In jam usually lay oranges completely, taking out the bones. Sometimes clear white crust. Citruses are put in a treat less than apples. Sometimes one fruit is enough for 2-3 kg of apples.
Jam is not prepared without sugar. Use ordinary sand. It is added to the fruit immediately, sometimes allowed to stand together to highlight the juice. Usually a lot boiled on the stove. Can be used for cooking jam multivarku, the recipe is just below.
Apple jam with orange slices
Recipe for apple jam, in which the orange is laid in pieces. For this portion you will need one, but a large citrus. Apples are better to use varieties “Antonovka” and others like him.
• 3 kg of apples;
• 1 orange;
• 0.2 liters of water;
• 1.8 kg.
1. Cut the washed apples, twist through a meat grinder. You can use a grater. Reset the flaps.
2. We shift cooked porridge in a saucepan or in a convenient basin.
3. Add sugar to apples, stir. We put on the stove, begin to heat up. 4. Wash the orange, cut into slices, then across. There will be pieces resembling triangles. We don’t make them big so that the fragrant blotches are more often met in a sweet treat.
5. Oranges immediately throws to the apples.
6. Pour water, boil for half an hour after boiling. Stir the mass as often as possible so that the jam does not burn. Also, do not let it boil too actively.
7. With a clean soup ladle, we collect a boiling delicacy, put it in sterile jars, immediately stopper it.
Apple jam with orange “Gentle”
The recipe is very tender and unusually fragrant apple jam with oranges, which is also quite simple to prepare. Fruit for this delicacy, use any, special roles of the variety do not have.
• 2 kg of apples;
• 2 oranges;
• 1 kg of sugar.
1. Wash apples, cut into pieces suitable for twisting.
2. Oranges are also washed. We take a kitchen grater, preferably the smallest, and rub the zest with citrus. This is a thin skin, painted orange. We try not to touch the white crust.
3. Peel the skin, cut the citrus flesh into pieces, remove the bones.
4. We twist apples and oranges together.
5. Add the previously chopped zest. With her jam flavor will be amazing.
6. Add prescription sugar. Stir and leave for half an hour. During this time, a part of the sand will melt, the fruit will empty the juice, the mass will become thinner, which is more convenient for cooking.
7. Send the sweet mass to the stove.
8. Give boil, remove the fire to an average level and cook for at least half an hour. Focus on consistency.
9. It remains to remove the jars, roll up.
Apple jam with orange and lemon
For this apple jam with oranges, you need only one lemon. But its fragrance will make the harvest amazing.
• 2.5 kg of apples;
• 2 oranges;
• 1 lemon;
• 150 ml of water;
• 1.5 kg of sugar.
1. Cut the apples into small pieces. You can grind in any other way. 2. Cut lemon and oranges into slices, take out all the bones.
3. Twist the citrus or purii blender.
4. Add citrus to sliced apples.
5. Pour sugar, the amount according to the recipe.
6. Stir, let it brew for two hours.
7. Add water to the future.
8. Before cooking, stir well again, put on the stove.
9. For a jam of medium consistency, cook for half an hour.
10. To get a thick treat, increase the time to 45 minutes. But do not forget that closer to the end of the process, stir thicker mass should be more often, otherwise it will quickly burn.
Apple jam with orange and pears
The recipe is a mixed jam with apples, oranges and pears. Choose a soft, ripe fruit, filled with summer aroma.
• 1.2 kg of apples;
• 0.6 kg of oranges;
• 1.2 kg of pears;
• 1.6 kg of sugar.
1. Wash apples and pears. Cut the fruit into small pieces for twisting. If a combine is used, it can be cut arbitrarily. Slices with seeds immediately recline.
2. Washed oranges are also cut into pieces, take out the seeds.
3. We twist everything together.
4. Add sand to the fruit mass according to the recipe, pour in half a glass of water. Stir.
5. Leave for a few hours to stand out juice.
6. We put stew. The exact time depends on the juiciness of the fruit. On average, this jam also takes 30-40 minutes.
Apple jam with orange and zucchini
Zucchini - a vegetable with a neutral taste. It is ideal not only for caviar. It is often used in desserts. Jam with it turns out very tasty, it does not need to add water.
• 1 kg of zucchini;
• 1.5 kg of apples;
• 0.5 kg of orange;
• 1.6 kg of sugar.
1. Zucchini cleaned if the skin is hard. In any fruit choose seeds, even if they are small. Cut the vegetable into pieces.
2. Also cut into pieces apples, oranges. Bones and stubs must throw.
3. We twist everything together to the state of gruel. 4. Pour sugar into puree, stir and insist at least thirty minutes.
5. We send jam stew.
6. After boiling, we reduce the fire, so that the mass does not burn.
7. After 45 minutes, you can lay out a sweet mashed potatoes in a jar, stopper.
Apple jam with orange and pumpkin
The recipe is really sunny and bright jam, which is added to the pumpkin. Cooking technology is different from those listed above. The mass is ground after preliminary boiling.
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 1.4 kg apples;
• 1 orange;
• 120 ml of water;
• 1.1 kg of sugar.
1. The recipe indicates the weight of the peeled pumpkin. Cut it into cubes, throw it into the pan.
2. Apples are also cut into small cubes, thrown to the pumpkin.
3. Add water, put on the stove, cover with a lid. Steam the fruit until soft. On average, this will take 20 minutes, but it all depends on ripeness, juiciness, variety of ingredients.
4. Steamed vegetables need to cool.
5. We wash the zest from the orange, you can immediately put it in the puree.
6. Clean the slices of citrus, cut into pieces, bypassing the thick strands, bones. Shifts to the mass of steam.
7. Take the blender, bring the mass to homogeneity. If there is no such device, the steamed ingredients can be crushed with a crush and the orange can be cut as small as possible.
8. Pour sugar sand, stir.
9. We send the future jam on the stove. Boil 15 minutes after boiling. Look at the consistency.
10. Pour into jars, spin.
Apple jam with orange in a slow cooker
Cooking jam in a slow cooker is convenient because you do not need to constantly stir the treat. A wonderful saucepan will not allow him to burn or scatter throughout the kitchen with active boiling.
• 1 kg of apples;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1 orange;
• 2.5 glasses of sugar;
• 1.5 glasses of water.
1. We clean the apples, cut into quarters, put in a slow cooker, pour a third of a glass of water. Turn on baking mode for 30 minutes.
2. Pour the rind ode specified in the recipe. We put in a saucepan on the stove and cook for 25 minutes, filter. It will turn out a little more than half a glass of valuable broth with pectin, which will make the preparation thick. 3. We cut a lemon and an orange into slices, we season with a blender, getting rid of the bones.
4. Apples stir with a spatula, add citruses, decoction of the peel and granulated sugar.
5. Turn on the baking mode again. Now we prepare a delicacy from 40 to 65 minutes, depending on the desired thickness.
6. If the jam is intended for long-term storage, then the hot mass should be decomposed in jars immediately after cooking.
Apple jam with orange - tips and tricks
• It is not necessary to save sugar when cooking jam. If sand is laid below the norm, the product may become moldy.
• It is believed that for jam you need to choose fruits of the same degree of maturity. But this does not apply to jam. It can be cooked not only from apples of different degree of maturity, but also from different varieties.
• When cooking the jam, preference should be given to low cookware with a large diameter. Moisture will evaporate faster.
• Jam becomes thick after cooling. When hot, it is much thinner. You can check the consistency by dripping some hot product onto a chilled plate.
• The brown hue of the jam indicates that the delicacy was cooked on too strong a fire, sometimes it burned. For a golden, amber color, you need to boil the mass slowly.
• To prevent mold from appearing in the open jar of jam, sweetness is covered with sugar or powder, covered with a capron lid, and placed in a refrigerator. There it can stand for several months.