Pumpkin jam is an unusual and original delicacy. Pumpkin jam with dried apricots - this is exactly the billet that can be made even in winter.
At the same time, it will have a pronounced aroma of sunny apricots, and remind you of summer.
There are many recipes for an unusual delicacy, the best of them are collected here.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots - the general principles of cooking
Pumpkin jam is used only ripe, bright and juicy. The skin is always removed, choose the insides with seeds. Pure pulp is cut into cubes, cubes or straws. If you want to prepare a more homogeneous delicacy, resembling jam, then you can use a large grater.
Dried apricots are usually soaked in warm water. Moisture fills the fruit with juiciness, increases the volume. Dried apricots can be added to pumpkin jam whole or chopped.
What else can follow the recipe:
• fruits, berries;
• spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves.
You can cook pumpkin treat in the classic way on the stove or in the slow cooker. For the safety of his laid out in sterile jars, roll covers. But the jam is also well in the refrigerator for several weeks if it was placed in a clean and dry dish.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and citric acid
The recipe for the simplest pumpkin jam with dried apricots, which is prepared with the addition of dry lemon. If you have fresh juice, you can use it.
• pumpkin 1.2 kg;
• 300 g dry dried apricots;
• 1 tsp. lemon;
• 800 grams of sugar
1. Clean the pumpkin from all the excess. Pure pulp should be at least a kilogram. Cut into neat cubes.
2. Put the pumpkin in a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour layers of sugar.
3. Leave to highlight juice for 2-4 hours.
4. Rinse dried apricots with hot water, let it soak in the liquid for 10 minutes.
5. Stir the pumpkin, which was supposed to put out enough juice. Put the jam on the stove. 6. After boiling, add dried apricots, boil for ten minutes.
7. Now you can add citric acid, cook for another ten minutes. Turn off, let stand 3 hours.
8. Turn on the heat again, boil for ten minutes, turn off.
9. Once the jam has cooled completely, boil it for the last time on the stove. After ten minutes of boiling the pumpkin jam is poured into jars, closes.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and lemon juice in a slow cooker
Variant of jam, which is prepared in a slow cooker. Lemon juice according to the recipe is used fresh, you can add zest to the aroma, but it needs to be crushed very well.
• kilogram of pumpkin;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 0.3 kg dried apricots;
• one lemon;
• 0.3 liters of water.
1. Pour water into the pan, squeeze out the juice from the whole citrus. Make sure not to get into the syrup pits, the flesh is allowed. Put on a small fire, hold until the grains are completely dissolved. Add fire, boil until boiling.
2. In hot water, hold the steamed dried apricots, drain all the liquid from the dried fruit.
3. The ingredients indicate the net weight of the pumpkin without the pelt. Cut the flesh into cubes, a little less dried apricots. We put in a cup from the multicooker.
4. Dried apricots are also added.
5. Fill with cooked syrup.
6. Exhibit the extinguishing program, prepare the delicacy for exactly 2 hours. During this time, you can prepare sterile jars.
7. Open up. If the pumpkin was very juicy, the treat turned out to be liquid, then part of the syrup can be drained, used for desserts, compotes.
8. Jam is laid out in banks. We roll pumpkin harvesting or cool and use immediately.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and walnuts
Recipe for chic jam with pumpkin, dried apricots and nuts. It can be cooked even in winter. All ingredients are available and healthy.
• pumpkin 2 kg;
• standard glass of water;
• one small lemon;
• 0.2 kg walnut nuts;
• 0.3 kg dried apricots;
• 1 tsp. cinnamon;
• pinch of nutmeg;
• sugar and a half kilograms.
1. As usual, the pumpkin is cut into cubes or pieces of any other shape, which one you like. 2. Dried apricots washed, soaked in warm water, cut into 4 parts. You can crosswise or straws.
3. Nuts are simply chopped into small pieces. You can mash with a rolling pin or crush in a mortar, scroll in a food processor.
4. Wash the lemon with soap, pour boiling water over the top, then cut it into small pieces, discard the bones during the process.
5. Mix the pumpkin with lemon, dried apricots, add sugar, leave for at least two hours. Add a glass of water.
6. Put the jam on the stove, but we are not adding nuts yet. Boil ten minutes.
7. Put spices and nuts, cook for 30-40 minutes, cool.
8. Cover, leave in the refrigerator for 2 days. During this time, all ingredients are soaked with syrup, jam will get the flavor of apricots.
9. If you need to remove the billet for the winter, then re-boil the treat in 2 days, a quarter of an hour is enough. Spill, roll the lid key.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots, orange and ginger
Option spicy pumpkin jam with dried apricots, orange flavor and apricot flavor. Ginger is used fresh, but similarly, you can take a dry spine, in this embodiment, you will need 0.5 teaspoon.
• 2.5 kg of pumpkin;
• 0.4 kg dried apricots;
• 1 large orange;
• 20 g of ginger;
• 2 kg of sugar;
• 1 clove;
• 1 sticks of cinnamon.
1. Purified pumpkin pulp is cut into cubes of two centimeters, covered with sugar, covered and left overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Ginger need to grind. It is possible in the combine. Also crushed grated orange peel and peeled pulp. White skin and seeds are removed.
3. Wash dried apricots, cut into halves, send to the pumpkin. It is not necessary to soak dry apricots in advance. Enough pumpkin juice and orange.
4. Pumpkin well mix, put on the stove.
5. Cook the jam with dried apricots for 20 minutes. Turn off, let stand 5 hours.
6. Now you can add chopped mass of orange, ginger, zest. Boil another 10 minutes.
7. Chill the jam again. You can leave all night.
8. In the last run, add crushed cinnamon and cloves. Now the treat is boiled for 10 minutes. Can a little longer, bring the syrup to the desired density. 9. Done! It remains to cool the delicacy or immediately pour it into the jars while it is hot, close it.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and apple
A variant of mixed jam, for which it is better to use hard apples. Cinnamon can be added to taste, as well as citrus peel.
• 800 g pumpkin;
• 400 g apples;
• 200 g dried apricots;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 1 tsp. citric acid;
• Cinnamon to taste.
1. Cut pumpkin into cubes of 1.5 centimeters, add sugar, let it stand for a couple of hours.
2. Rinse dry apricots, cut in half, cover with warm water, let stand for about twenty minutes.
3. Mix the pumpkin with apricots, cook on low heat for a quarter of an hour.
4. Rinse the apples. Fruits are cut into cubes or slices. Add pumpkin jam.
5. After another five minutes you need to pour lemon and cinnamon. Instead of acid, you can use natural citrus juice in the amount of 4-5 tablespoons.
6. Cook the jam for at least another 30 minutes, do not let the delicacy boil intensely.
7. As soon as the syrup is boiled down to the desired consistency, pumpkin jam can be turned off.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and raisins
Another recipe for jam with dried apricots from pumpkin. To prepare, you can take any raisins, color, variety, size do not matter.
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 0.25 kg dried apricots;
• 0.25 kg of raisins;
• 250 ml of water;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 0.5 lemon.
1. Water with sugar needs to be combined, boiled syrup over low heat.
2. Pumpkin pulp is cut into small cubes, laid out in boiling syrup, boiled for a quarter of an hour.
3. Now all this needs to be cooled, put in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
4. Raisin washed, filled with hot water for half an hour.
5. Dried apricots are also washed, cut into quarters and soaked.
6. Remove the pumpkin from the fridge and set it on the stove.
7. Squeeze the raisins, do the same with dried apricots, add to the jam.
8. Squeeze lemon juice, boil it all together from 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the desired thickness.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots and pears
Another simple recipe for dried apricots jam, pumpkin. Also added to them are pears. They should have a thick flesh, the skin should not be removed. Ingredients
• 2 kg of pumpkin;
• 1.6 kg of sugar;
• 1 kg of pears;
• 0.3 kg dried apricots.
1. Pumpkin cut into cubes, the size of dried dried apricots. Mix with sugar, leave to highlight the juice for at least three hours.
2. Soak dried apricots in warm water, then squeeze.
3. Cut pears into slices approximately the size of pumpkin slices.
4. As soon as enough juice is extracted from the pumpkin, you can start cooking the jam. Put the saucepan on the stove, boil for 15 minutes after boiling.
5. Add dried apricots, cook for another ten minutes.
6. Now you can add pears.
7. Jam is prepared from 20 minutes to one hour. Then cooled. If necessary, remove the blank into sterile jars while it is hot.
Pumpkin jam with dried apricots - tips and tricks
• Any jam will be thicker after it has completely cooled. If confused liquid syrup, then it can be partially merged or put in jars only the thick, leaving all the excess in the pan.
• For thick jam, like jam, you can use special thickeners. For jams, loose gelatin is added at the very end.
• Dried apricots are not always dry and hard. There are enough soft dried apricots. In this case, they can not soak.
• Any pumpkin jam will taste better if you add a little acid to it. Usually use lemon juice. But you can take any sour berries.
• The foam that appears on top of boiling jam is always removed. It not only spoils the appearance of the workpiece, but also reduces the shelf life.