Pickled garlic is very tasty, fragrant and healthy!
This preparation is perfect for dinner, but also protects against viruses and stands guard over immunity.
It requires a minimum amount of ingredients, simple and easy to do.
So how to pickle garlic at home?
Pickled Garlic - General Cooking Principles
Whatever recipe is chosen, harvesting is made only from juicy and intact garlic. It is better not to use spoiled, but cropped teeth, as the process of decay has already started. And even if the billet is well kept, it can be tasteless.
What can be marinated:
• peeled slices;
• unpeeled wedges;
• arrows with seed box and without it.
Marinade prepares standard, it is sure to add salt and vinegar. Basically, products are filled with boiling solution. Banks for harvesting need to be processed. Most often the containers are sterilized, less often they are simply washed with soda or household soap. It is also desirable to process the lids so that the snack is probably preserved.
Recipe 1: Pickled garlic heads: the easy way
For marinating it is better to use dense and juicy young heads. The upper skin should be removed and left thin. Tail trimmed, but for beauty and leave a few centimeters.
• 0.5 kg of garlic;
• 1 liter of water;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 0.25 liters of vinegar 6%.
1. Put the garlic in sterile jars. Add salt and vinegar. If small containers are used, we distribute them evenly.
2. Fill the contents of the cans with boiling water.
3. We take sterile covers and roll up the jars. But you can just close the capron lids, but in this case, the workpiece should not be stored for more than 3-4 months. 4. Shake several times to dissolve the salt more quickly.
5. Once the banks are completely cooled, they can be carried to the basement.
Recipe 2: How to Marinate Garlic at Home with Cloves
Marinating garlic cloves takes more time, since they need to be cleaned before. The process is long and not everyone likes to do this procedure. The number of teeth is arbitrary, how many will go into the banks. But the proportions for pouring must be observed strictly.
• litere of water;
• 100 ml of 9% vinegar;
• 60 grams of sugar;
• 50 grams of salt;
• 5-10 peppercorns;
• 0.5 tsp. dill seed.
1. Prepare the main product. Teeth cleaned, washed and dried dry. We decompose on the prepared jars.
2. Sprinkle dill seeds, scatter peas from allspice.
3. Add salt to the water with sugar, put on the stove and boil for three minutes.
4. Then pour vinegar into the marinade, mix it up, let it boil and immediately remove it from the heat and pour it over the filled cans. The liquid must completely cover the products.
5. Close the lids, roll up and remove for storage. You can try the blank no earlier than in two weeks.
Recipe 3: Pickled garlic: arrows for wild garlic
Green arrows of garlic - another great product for fragrant preparations. In pickled form, they are very tasty and resemble wild garlic. It is very important to have time to collect the arrows while they are tender and juicy.
• 60-70 shooter;
• 2.5 tablespoons of salt;
• 4 peppercorns;
• 2 star studs;
• 40 ml of vinegar 9%.
1. The arrows are washed, dried. We take large scissors and cut the seed box.
2. The arrows can be marinated whole, but they will be difficult to put in small jars. Can be cut into pieces of 5-8 centimeters.
3. We put the prepared arrows in sterile jars. 4. Scatter spices evenly and sprinkle with salt.
5. Fill with boiling water, add vinegar and immediately roll up.
6. Turn the jar over to check for tightness. Then we cool and forget about it for 2-3 months.
Recipe 4: How to pickle garlic at home with beets
Marinating with beets allows you to get very beautiful, pink garlic. The root does not affect the taste. But it can also be used for food or added to various dishes. Marinated beets have an unusual, but pleasant taste.
• 0.6 kg of garlic;
• 0.2 kg beets;
• 1 spoon of salt;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 50 ml of vinegar 9%;
• spices, greens.
1. Boil water. Omit the garlic heads in it, from which the top skin is removed. After 2 minutes, take out.
2. Wash beets, peel and cut into thin slices.
3. Put the spices in sterile jars. It can be peppercorns, laurel, coriander and any others. You can put a sprig of parsley or dill, cherry leaves or currants. In general, complete freedom of action. But do not put spices too much.
4. Now we put the prepared heads of garlic, and put the beet slices into the voids. Since they are sliced thinly, they easily bend and penetrate even into small crevices. We pack all the products.
5. Boil salt in 800 ml of water, add sugar, pour vinegar at the end.
6. Fill marinade with beets with garlic heads, roll up the key or just close the capron lids. The stock will be ready in 3 weeks.
Recipe 5: Pickled Garlic with Honey and Sour Cream
This option marinating cloves is not intended for storage. The appetizer is prepared for only 2 days and is great for dinner. And if you grind it with a blender, you get a wonderful sauce for dumplings, meat or fish. You can also always play with the types and amount of spices.
• 120 ml sour cream; • 4 heads of garlic;
• 50 ml of lemon juice;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• black pepper.
1. Scald garlic with boiling water, then cool in running water and clean the cloves.
2. Mix honey with lemon juice and sour cream. If honey is candied, then it must be melted in advance.
3. Add salt and black pepper. The sharpness is adjusted to your taste.
4. Fill the peeled slices with the resulting sauce and set them on the stove. Boil three minutes on very low heat. The mass should not spit and lose moisture.
5. We shift in a jar, cool and remove for two days in the fridge. And fragrant preparation will be ready!
Recipe 6: How to pickle garlic at home with honey for the winter
The peculiarity of this pickle of pickled garlic is a special fill. Honey and apple cider vinegar add rich taste and aroma to brine. The amount of garlic is arbitrary, put as much as fit in the jar.
• 1 spoon of honey;
• litere of water;
• 100 ml of apple cider vinegar;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• 1.5 tablespoons of salt;
• coriander, allspice.
1. Peel garlic cloves, scatter liter jars on the floor. A liter of marinade should be enough for five pieces. But in many respects the consumption depends on the size of the teeth and the packing density.
2. Spread peppercorns and coriander, you can add other spices.
3. Boil water. Put salt with honey and sugar, vinegar in a minute.
4. Fill the prepared slices with marinade, roll it up and wait a month to try an unusual and very fragrant snack. In the basement, you can not keep the banks, they are remarkably stored at room temperature.
Recipe 7: Pickled Garlic “Quick”
This snack can be consumed after 3 days. But you can leave for a longer period. It is prepared from peeled slices, very simply and quickly. The amount of all spices except sugar, salt and vinegar can be arbitrary. Ingredients
• salt coarse;
• bay leaf;
• coriander seeds;
1. Teeth clean, cut off the nozzles, wash and dry.
2. Greens are also washed, dried. You can use parsley, dill, basil and any other herb. Or do the workpiece without it with the pure aroma of garlic.
3. Fold in sterile jars of 0.5 l all spices, greens.
4. Fill the peeled slices to the top.
5. Add one tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of salt to each jar.
6. Fill with boiling water and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar 9%.
7. Close, let cool completely and remove to a dark but warm place. If you remove the cold, the process of marinating will be delayed.
8. You can roll up sterile covers and store in the basement. But then it is necessary to pay particular attention to the purity of the ingredients and the sterility of the dishes, so that the blank can stand without problems.
Recipe 8: How to pickle garlic at home with horseradish
From garlic and horseradish you get a hearty snack, which is wonderfully stored until the spring, even under capron lids. Harvesting is done on wine vinegar, but it can also be replaced with apple or table. Marinated young heads entirely.
• 2 kg of garlic;
• 200 grams of horseradish root;
• 2 chillies;
• 2 star studs;
• litere of water;
• 50 grams of sugar;
• 40 grams of salt;
• 400 ml of wine vinegar.
1. Put the heads of garlic in a large pot or basin and pour boiling water over it. We sustain two minutes, then we merge and we pour cold water.
2. Remove the upper skin, cut off the tails and the tip.
3. Cut the hot pepper into thin rings, throw away the tails, leave the seeds, they do not interfere.
4. Horseradish roots need to be cleaned and finely chopped. You can simply use shredder for cabbage and nastrogat.
5. Put garlic in the jars with horseradish and pepper. We throw a clove. 6. Boil water with added sugar, salt and wine vinegar. Long boil is not necessary.
7. Fill with hot marinade blanks, close and leave to cool in heat.
8. We clean in the cool room and we maintain 50 days. But you can try harvesting before, if you do not have enough patience.
Pickled Garlic - Tips and Tricks
• To easily peel the garlic cloves, soak it in cold water for 2 hours. The husks will become softer and it will be easy to move away. The same technique will prevent cloves from browning.
• For marinating it is better to use small jars, the volume of which does not exceed 0.5 liters. Snack is quite spicy, not consumed in large quantities, and large containers will be inconvenient.
• Garlic marinated in cloves is cooked faster, it is more convenient to eat it. But the whole heads look beautiful and impressive on the table. It is better to pickle and whole and slices, and then see which option is better to take root in your home.
• Imported garlic and just purchased very often darkens, turns blue when marinating. This is often associated with the addition of fertilizers when grown. The best and most successful harvesting is obtained from home-grown vegetables grown in your garden.
• To make pink garlic, it is not necessary to pickle it with beets. You can simply replace part of the water in the marinade with beet juice. And you can add a small part or even half. The more, the more saturated will be the workpiece.