Beets are a source of many nutrients and an indispensable ingredient in tasty, popular dishes.
Borscht, beetroot soup, vinaigrette - these are not all dishes that include beets.
Pickled beets for the winter or fast food - this is a unique find for housewives who love the exquisite taste of this vegetable.
Pickled beets can be added to all sorts of dishes, salads are made from it or, seasoned with vegetable oil, served as a useful, original side dish.
Marinated beets. Quick marinated beets - general cooking
For the preparation of pickled beets entirely use the roots of medium size. In comparison with larger fruits, they are brighter and juicier, and even if pre-cooking of the ingredient is required, they are prepared quickly and evenly.
In addition, beets marinate chopped straw, sliced, diced and grated into large chips.
The composition of the marinade necessarily include salt, sugar, spices (laurel, peppercorns, cloves, coriander and others). Also, when pickling, pour vinegar, occasionally vegetable oil.
There is practically no difference in recipes for winter harvesting and express recipes. The main difference between pickled beets for the winter with instant beets is the way of pickling.
For marinating the vegetable for the winter, the beets are poured mostly with cold pickle, after which the jars with the contents are sterilized and hermetically sealed.
For quick marinating beets using hot marinade. Roll up the banks is not necessary. After pouring cool, it is enough to keep the vegetables a day in the refrigerator.
But it is also permissible to store marinated instant beets, rolling the container in a cool place.
The composition of the workpiece, in addition to the beet itself, may include such ingredients as onions, garlic, cabbage, carrots and other vegetables.
Recipe 1. Classic marinated instant beets
• 750 g of beets;
• large onion;
• 200 ml of 6% vinegar;
• 30 g of salt;
• 130 g of sugar;
• two bay leaves;
• 10-12 black peppercorns;
• 450 ml of water.
1. Select small beets, wash them thoroughly and boil until done.
2. Cool the prepared vegetable, then peel and cut into cubes.
3. Cut the peeled onion into quarters into rings. If instead of one large onion, use two small ones, then you can cut the vegetable into half rings.
4. Put the prepared vegetables in sterile jars, put peppercorns.
5. Pour water and vinegar into a small saucepan, add salt, laurel leaves and granulated sugar, bring to a boil, remove the pan from the heat.
6. When the marinade has cooled to room temperature, pour the prepared vegetables with it.
7. Close the container with beetroot-marinated plastic caps.
8. We hold the billet for a day in the refrigerator, after which we use it to prepare dishes or store it in a dark, cool place.
Recipe 2. Spicy pickled instant beets
• 3 kg of beets;
• half a cup of vinegar;
• one head of garlic;
• bunch of cilantro;
• a glass of vegetable oil;
• to taste of black peppercorns;
• 100 g of salt;
• pound of sugar;
• three liters of water.
1. Wash beets and boil in unpeeled until cooked.
2. Cool the prepared vegetable, cut into thick strips or large cubes.
3. Put the beets in a large bowl or pan.
4. Prepare the marinade: bring the water to a boil by mixing it with vegetable oil and vinegar. Add finely chopped cilantro, chopped garlic, peppercorns, granulated sugar and salt. Thoroughly mix the potting, let stand over low heat for another five minutes.
5. Cool the finished marinade, pour the beets prepared and laid out in a bowl. 6. Leave the vegetable in the pot for three hours in a warm room.
7. After the allotted time, beets can be used to make salads or soups.
Recipe 3. Korean pickled beetroot in Korean
• kilo of beets;
• garlic (one head);
• 3/4 cup of sunflower oil;
• 60 ml of vinegar;
• 15 g ground coriander;
• 20 g of red pepper (ground);
• 40 g of salt;
• 100 g sugar.
1. Thoroughly wash the beets, peel it and chop on a grated carrot in Korean or cut it with a sharp knife with a thin straw.
2. Peel the garlic and pass through the garlic press.
3. Mix grated beets with coriander, garlic, salt and sugar.
4. Pour in vinegar and sunflower oil, mix thoroughly again.
5. Marinate beets for two hours at room temperature, after another six hours in the refrigerator.
Recipe 4. Marinated instant beets with cabbage
• half a kilo of beets;
• white cabbage forks (2 kg);
• 170 g of granulated sugar;
• 50 g of salt;
• two leaves of laurel;
• 5-6 cloves of garlic;
• 160 ml of sunflower oil;
• 150 ml of vinegar;
• allspice peas;
• two carrots.
1. Cut the cabbage leaves into small squares (with sides of 3-4 cm).
2. Clean the carrots and beets, rub with large chips on a grater.
3. Put the prepared vegetables in one large bowl, add small cubes of garlic, sunflower oil, mix.
4. Cook from a liter of water, vinegar, laurel, salt, sugar, allspice pickles.
5. Fill the vegetables by pouring the cooked hot.
6. Soak the day in the refrigerator, put it in sterile jars, roll it up.
Recipe 5. Marinated beets for the winter in Georgian
• 1.2 kg of beets;
• two cloves of garlic;
• five or six bay leaves;
• 10 g ground saffron; • peppercorns;
• coriander greens;
• half a spoonful of hot pepper;
• a tablespoon of salt (with a slide);
• 100 g of sugar;
• third of a glass of vinegar (apple);
• one and a half liters of water.
1. Pour water into a saucepan, spread peppercorns and laurel, bring the liquid to a boil.
2. Add sugar and salt, wait for their complete dissolution, then pour in vinegar.
3. Ready marinade cooled.
4. Boil the beets in the uniform, cool, cut into cubes of medium size.
5. Mix the prepared vegetable with finely chopped garlic and chopped coriander, ground pepper and saffron.
6. Fill the beets with marinade.
7. Maintain the billet in the refrigerator for three days, then lay out in a sterile container and roll.
8. Store in a cool place.
Recipe 6. Pickled beets with onions for the winter
• half a kilo of beets;
• four shallot heads;
• 120 ml of apple cider vinegar;
• 40 g of salt;
• 60 g of sugar;
• 400 ml of water;
1. Boil water in a small saucepan, add sugar and salt, pour in vinegar, throw pepper to taste to taste. Cook for five minutes, then turn off the gas for a while.
2. Clean the beets, cut them into thin strips.
3. Put the marinade back on the fire, bring to a boil, put the prepared beets in it.
4. Put the shallots, peeled and cut into slices, after boiling again, remove the saucepan from the gas stove.
5. Cool the billet, cover the pan with a lid, remove for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
6. After tamping in a sterile jar of suitable size, roll up, remove for storage.
Recipe 7. Marinated beets with vegetables for the winter
• five beets of small size;
• ten small cucumbers;
• five green tomatoes (not large);
• 15 heads of small onions;
• one young zucchini; • small cauliflower head;
• three celery stalks;
• five middle-sized carrots;
• two liters of water;
• 3/4 glasses of granulated sugar;
• 220 ml of vinegar (6%);
• laurel leaves, clove buds and peppercorns - to taste;
• 100 g of salt.
1. All vegetables are thoroughly washed and cleaned.
2. Cut carrots, beets, zucchini and cucumbers into large cubes.
3. Cut tomatoes into slices.
4. Celery cut with thick rings.
5. Cauliflower divided into inflorescences.
6. Put all the prepared vegetables in the pan of the desired size, add the peeled whole onions.
7. Fill the vegetables with boiling water, blanch for five minutes.
8. Add sugar, salt, pour in vinegar, lay out bay leaves, cloves and pepper. Stir.
9. Tomim billet another five minutes.
10. Carefully transfer the vegetables into sterile jars, pour the marinade.
11. Sterilize the container with the contents in the oven for 15 minutes, then roll up the container, cool it and remove for storage.
Recipe 8. Marinated beets with plums for the winter
• two kilograms of beets;
• half a kilo of plums;
• litere of water;
• 110 g of sugar;
• 30 g of salt;
• clove buds (3-4 pieces);
• roots of pink rhodiola.
1. We clean the root crop from the brush with dirt, rinse, lay out with the peel in a saucepan, fill with water, cook until ready.
2. Clean the beets and cut them into thinnest slices.
3. Wash the plum, remove the bones. Cook for five minutes in a small saucepan, pouring into already boiling water.
4. Spread mixed in sterile jars plum and beets, add the roots of rhodiola, cloves.
5. Fill the ingredients with marinade, preparing it from water, salt and sugar.
6. Tara rolls. After the billet has cooled, remove it for storage in a dark place.
Marinated beets. Quick marinated beetroot - useful tips
Marinated beets are added to various soups, vegetable stews and other hot dishes. No less tasty is obtained from such vegetable salads. For example, if you add marinated beets to a vinaigrette, you can no longer add sauerkraut. And if you put pickled beets in a herring under a fur coat, the taste of the salad will become more noticeable and brighter and more interesting.
In addition to the well-known and favorite dishes and salads, you can make other original snacks. One of these dishes:
Salad of pickled beets, feta cheese and nuts
• 300 grams of pickled beets (a whole root vegetable or already diced will suit);
• 60 g of walnuts;
• 135 g of feta cheese;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• 10 g of Provencal herbs;
• pinch of peppers mix.
1. If the beets are whole, cut them into cubes, if already sliced, simply remove from the marinade and spread on a flat plate.
2. Fry the nuts in a dry frying pan until a characteristic odor appears. Slightly chop the nuts are not too small pieces.
3. Fetu take out of the package and cut into cubes.
4. Mix olive oil in a plate with a mixture of peppers and Provencal herbs.
5. Put the cheese on top of the beets, pour both ingredients with a fragrant dressing, mix gently.
6. Sprinkle with walnuts.