Bagels with Filling - General Cooking Principles
Tasty pastries are not only the wealth of pastry shops, but also quite affordable delicacy for any hostess. Do not believe? Take the simplest foods and cook delicious bagels with marmalade, condensed milk, jam or apples. If you use liquid stuffing, such as confiture or jam, then let it be thick enough.
Bagels with filling - preparing food and dishes
Bagels with a filling can be prepared from any dough. You can knead it on the basis of water, milk, kefir or make it with cottage cheese. Bagels on milk or kefir will be very delicate in structure, in water they will be lighter, but curd bagels will be very nourishing.
Recipes for bagels with filling:
Recipe 1: Bagels stuffed with jam
Prepare bagels with jam. Take any dish for this dish - apple, currant or orange, but the only rule is that the jam should be thick enough, otherwise the filling will not remain all on the deck.
- Curd 350 gr
- Flour 460 grams
- Soda, hydrated with lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Butter 65g
- Sugar 80 grams
- Egg yolk 1 pc.
- Any jam (not liquid)
- Prepare the dough for bagels on kefir. To do this, slightly melted butter combine with cottage cheese, mixing with a spoon or a whisk. Separately, combine salt, sugar, flour and add to the curd. Mixing cottage cheese dough, enter the slaked soda, and then send the mass in the refrigerator for forty minutes.
- We take out the dough, divide it into three pieces. Roll out each piece of dough (not thinly) with a rolling pin and cut into four triangular pieces with a knife.
- On the wider part of the “triangle” with a spoon impose the jam and turn. You need to fold in such a way that the jam is not visible, otherwise it will leak out.
- Place the bagels in the preheated oven for twenty minutes. Baking temperature not more than one hundred and seventy degrees.
Recipe 2: Bagels with marmalade filling
Quite unusual and tasty bagels turn out if you put a piece of marmalade in them as a filling. You can take puff colored marmalade, then the dessert will turn out both tasty and beautiful.
- 420 grams of flour
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Egg yolk 1 pc. (for lubrication of products)
- Sugar 120 grams
- Milk 220 ml
- Marmalade (dense)
- Prepare the dough mixed in milk. In slightly warmed milk, you need to dissolve the yeast with a small amount of sugar - stir the dry ingredients with a spoon.
- Separately mix dry ingredients in deep dishes, only take a third of the flour to begin with. In the mixture that you have turned out, pour the milk with yeast, and constantly stirring, gradually pour the flour that you have left. The resulting dough is set to reach until it doubles in size.
- After this time, when the dough will increase in size, divide it into three parts. Roll each piece with a rolling pin one centimeter thick, and then cut into triangles. Next, put on a wide part of a long piece of marmalade, then wrap it in the shape of a croissant.
- The resulting bagels need to be coated with a mixture of egg yolk and sugar, and bake for about twenty-five minutes in the oven.
Recipe 3: Bagels stuffed with condensed milk
If you decide to make bagels with condensed milk, then it is better to take the boiled chicken. It is thicker in consistency and will definitely not leave the treat during cooking.
- Flour 460 grams
- Sugar 150 grams
- Waters 260 ml
- Thick boiled condensed milk
- Dry yeast 1 tablespoon
- In warm water (but not boiling) you need to dissolve the yeast and one spoonful of tablespoon sugar.
- In a deep bowl, mix flour (take half to start), the remaining sugar, salt, and pour the mixture of water and yeast into it.
- Add the remaining flour gradually to the mass. Thick dough that you got, put to insist on for half an hour.
- The resulting dough should be divided into three pieces, then roll it out with a rolling pin each and cut into triangles. Spread boiled condensed milk on a wide part of the triangles with a spoon and fold.
- Coat the bagels with a mixture of egg yolk and sugar and spread them on the deck.
- Bake dessert for at least half an hour in the oven.
Recipe 4: Bagels stuffed with apples
Baking can be prepared with fresh fruits - strawberries, currants, plums. Prepare bagels with an apple. We advise you to choose the fruit of sweet varieties.
- Flour 450 grams
- Sugar 140 grams
- Mineral Waters 320 ml
- Yeast 1 tbsp.
- 3 apples
- Vegetable oil
- Water should be heated to 40 degrees, then dissolve in it a spoonful of sugar and dry yeast.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, only take half the flour initially. Pour water with yeast into the mixture.
- Knead the dough with your hands and gradually add the remaining flour to the mass. The resulting lump of dough, lay insist on for half an hour.
- Cut the dough into three equal pieces, roll each of them with a rolling pin and cut into four triangle-shaped pieces.
- Wash apples, cut cores and cut into cubes. Combine the apple with cinnamon and sugar. Spoon the apples on the wide side of the dough and fold the croissants.
- Bagels with an apple smear each with a mixture of egg yolk and sugar, and place in a heated oven.
- You need to bake the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Bagels with filling - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
You can make poppy seed and bagels with sugar or with chopped nuts and honey - this is another version of the tasty filling.
Do not overdo it with spices - do not put a lot of vanilla or cinnamon, otherwise kill the flavor of the filling.
Do not overdo the bagels in the oven, otherwise they will be tough. The optimum cooking time is 25-30 minutes.