There are people who do not bake at the time of fasting.
Some argue that it is impossible to cook anything without eggs and butter, others believe that pastries made from approved products are not tasty. But how are they mistaken.
In fact, there are many recipes for delicious lean pastries, which are remarkably well dispensed with these components.
Pamper your loved ones with delicate and tasty lean pastries.
Fasting Baking - General Cooking Principles
For cooking lean pastries do not use prohibited foods, but from this it turns out no less tasty.
Basically, flour, vegetable oil and sugar are part of the lean baking. Before cooking, sift the flour in order to saturate it with oxygen and get rid of small lumps. Vegetable oil use high spin without any impurities and odor. It can be replaced with olive or corn oil.
Soda, yeast and heavily carbonated plain water are also often added.
If lean pastries are cooked with filling, then the scope for fantasy is great. Use such sweet fillers as sugar, jams, preserves, fruits, dried fruits and much more. You can also bake products with vegetable and cereal fillings.
Choose a recipe for lean pastries to your taste. The products presented here can be the basis for your own culinary delights.
1. Lenten pastries “Charlotte”
Fast cooking fast charlotte will delight you with excellent aroma and delicate flavor. It is best to use apples of sweet and juicy varieties.
• 400-450 grams of flour;
• a glass of sugar;
• glass of water;
• 10 grams of baking powder;
• 5 grams of soda;
• 25 ml of vinegar (1.5 tablespoons);
• 130 ml grow. oils;
• five apples;
• two tablespoons of honey;
• 50 grams of powdered sugar; • 30 grams of vanilla sugar.
1. Grease a large mold for baking with vegetable oil.
2. We wash the apples, peel them, remove the core with the seeds, cut into slices.
3. We spread fruit slices into the prepared form in an even layer.
4. Pour water at room temperature, honey, vanilla sugar and granulated sugar into a deep bowl.
5. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in a bowl until all the sugar particles are completely dissolved.
6. Quietly add sifted flour to the liquid sweet mass, knead the dough to a consistency resembling very thick cream.
7. Add baking powder, quench with soda vinegar, pour in vegetable oil.
8. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
9. Fill the apples laid in the form of dough so that it covers the fruit completely.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for about forty minutes. The readiness of the charlotte can be checked with a conventional wooden skewer or a toothpick.
11. Remove ready-made lean pastries from the mold, cool slightly, serve on the table, sprinkle profusely with powdered sugar.
2. Lenten pastries “Honey Cake”
Excellent sweet dish to the fasting table, which simply can not fail to like. If you are not very fond of honey, you can follow the same recipe to bake a chocolate gingerbread. To do this, you will need two large spoons of cocoa, which will need to be added to the dough along with the flour.
Ingredients for gingerbread:
• 230 grams of flour;
• 100 grams of sugar;
• a tablespoon of honey;
• 60 ml of water;
• teaspoon of soda;
• pinch ground cloves and cinnamon;
• 15 ml of vegetable oil.
Ingredients for syrup:
• a glass of sugar;
• 60 ml of water;
• two spoons of honey;
• 10 grams of soda;
• 15 grams of vanilla sugar;
• 10 ml grow. oils.
1. First, let's prepare the dough: in a small saucepan with a non-stick coating, pour water, add sugar and honey, mix.
2. Bring the mass to a boil, stirring with a wooden spatula. 3. After boiling, remove the container immediately from the heat, give the mass time to cool.
4. Add cinnamon, cloves and soda, stir, then add sifted flour.
5. Knead homogeneous dough without lumps.
6. Fill the dough in a greased form. Choose a mold of such size that the thickness of the raw gingerbread does not exceed one and a half centimeters.
7. We bake twenty minutes.
8. While the lean gingerbread is baked, let's prepare the syrup: mix water, honey, and sugar in a deep container. Bring everything to a boil, pour in vegetable oil, add vanilla sugar. We literally boil for about three minutes, after which we remove the syrup from the fire.
9. Fill the honey-sugar syrup with a ready-made hot gingerbread, distribute it in a neat even layer over the entire surface of the lean baking.
10. Leave the dessert for half an hour to soak in, after we cut into portions, serve on the table with tea or coffee.
3. Lenten pastries “Pie with raisins and nuts”
Nuts for making this lean pastry can be used any: cashews, walnuts; pistachios, hazelnuts, peanuts, and you can even make a peanut mix.
• 100 grams of sugar;
• 100 grams of raisins;
• 150-180 grams of peeled nuts;
• 100 ml of vegetable oil;
• 5-7 grams of soda and cinnamon;
• a tablespoon of vinegar;
• a pinch of salt
• three small oranges;
• 500 grams of flour.
1. Wash the raisins, put them in a bowl and pour hot, but not boiling, water for ten minutes. Once again we wash, flip back on a sieve or colander, and after the water has drained, put it on a plate.
2. Pre-fry the nuts a little in a dry frying pan, then grind in a mortar or simply on a large cutting board using the blunt end of the knife.
3. In a bowl of suitable size pour vegetable oil, pour sugar. Thoroughly interfere with all homogeneity.
4. Wash the oranges, cut into two halves. Squeeze out of citrus juice, using a hand juicer or hands. To make this lean pastry, we need 200-220 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice. 5. Flour enriched with oxygen - sift, it will give the cake a delicate texture and lightness.
6. Mix a mixture of sugar and butter with raisins and chopped nuts, add orange juice, slaked soda. Whisk everything with a whisk.
7. Quietly add flour, kneading dough with a spoon. The dough should be thick, stretching.
8. Grease the baking tray with butter, lightly sprinkle over the flour.
9. Spread the dough with a spoon, leveling the surface of the cake.
10. The oven is heated to 180 degrees.
11. We bake about twenty minutes.
12. Take out the baking sheet from the oven, let the cake cool, chop and serve.
4. Lenten pastries “Buckwheat pancakes”
For the preparation of lean pancakes for this recipe, you can also use oatmeal, corn and even rice flour. Buckwheat flour gives lean pastry a special amazing flavor and incomparable taste. This dish is ideal not only for people who observe the fast, but also for those who carefully watch their figure.
• 200 grams of wheat flour;
• 550 grams of buckwheat flour;
• two tea spoons of sugar;
• 80-100 ml of vegetable oil;
• pinch of soda;
• 10 grams of dry yeast;
• 800 ml of water.
1. Pour 300 ml of warm water into a container of suitable size, add dry yeast, mix well the mass.
2. In another container, mix wheat flour with three spoons of buckwheat flour.
3. Pour the yeast mass into the resulting dry mixture in a thin stream, while stirring it vigorously with a spoon.
4. Cover the prepared mixture with a lid and remove for an hour in a warm place.
5. After the allotted time, your dough should increase in volume approximately two to three times.
6. Add 500 ml of warm water, a pinch of salt and granulated sugar to the settled mass. Stir well.
7. Pour the remaining buckwheat flour, pour vegetable oil at the very end.
8. Again, we mix everything thoroughly and again remove the container with the dough in a warm place, for about an hour and a half. 9. We take out not too big cast-iron frying pan, we warm it.
10. Grease a heated pan with a minimum amount of vegetable oil.
11. Ladle pour the dough into the prepared pan, smoothly distribute it over the entire surface in a circular rotational motion.
12. Fry first on one side, and as soon as the other side is covered with holes, turn the pancake over and fry on the other side.
13. Fold ready lean pancakes with a neat pile on a flat plate.
5. Lenten pastries “Roll with poppy seeds”
Lean roll turns out surprisingly delicate and fragrant, despite the fact that the composition does not include banned fasting products.
• 600 grams of wheat flour;
• a tablespoon of dry yeast;
• two tablespoons of sugar;
• 160 ml of water;
• 160 ml highly carbonated water;
• 80 ml of vegetable oil.
Ingredients for the filling:
• 300 grams of dry poppy;
• 200 grams of sugar.
1. Pour warm water in a bowl, dilute dry yeast in it. Stir.
2. Remove the mixture for fifteen minutes in a warm place.
3. After a quarter of an hour, add the sifted flour to the mixture in small portions, while constantly stirring the dough so as not to form flour lumps.
4. Pour in sparkling water, pour salt and sugar.
5. Knead elastic dough.
6. Remove the dough in a plastic bag, remove for half an hour in a warm place.
7. Pour poppy into a small container, pour boiling water over it. After ten minutes, drain the water, and lay the poppy itself in a strainer so that all excess liquid is drained.
8. Add sugar to poppy, mix well.
9. Knead the dough a little knead, divided into four parts, we roll each into a ball.
10. All four balls are rolled out into thin rectangular plates 5-7 mm thick.
11. For each lay out the poppy filling, evenly distribute it over the entire surface of the reservoir, not bringing to the edges about one and a half cm.
12. Fold rolls of tight rolls, fixing a good edge so that the filling during baking does not follow. 13. We spread the rolls on a greased baking sheet with a seam down two cm from each other, lubricate the surface of each with sweetened water. We give baking a little time to rise, and at this time just warm up the oven to 200 degrees.
14. Bake meatless rolls for about thirty minutes.
15. Serve, pre-cooled and cut into circles.
6. Lenten pastries “Bagels with jam”
• glass of water;
• 30 grams of pressed yeast;
• 20 grams of sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• 120 ml of vegetable oil;
• 600-650 grams of flour;
• glasses of thick jam (jam).
1. Dilute the yeast in warm water, add salt and sugar. Stir.
2. Pour vegetable oil into another container.
3. In the third capacity sift flour.
4. Now the most interesting: kneading dough. For the manufacture of lean bagels, the dough is not kneaded with the hands, but chopped with a knife, gradually introducing the one or the other ingredient.
5. So, pour a small amount of flour into a large container, add a little yeast mixture, then pour in vegetable oil. All the time we chop the ingredients with sharp sweeps of a knife, never stopping for a minute. Add flour again, pour in yeast, oil. So, until all available ingredients run out.
6. We spread the dough we have on a clean, flat surface, it can be a large board or just a tabletop. Carefully roll out a round layer 5 mm thick.
7. Cut the layer from the middle in the form of a pizza into 16 pieces.
8. We spread jam or jam on the wide edge of each triangle and make bagels.
9. We bake lean bagels for about half an hour, putting them at a distance of a couple of centimeters from each other, on a greased baking sheet.
10. Serve cold.
7. Lenten pastries “Forkwood”
• a glass of sparkling water;
• 400-450 grams of flour;
• 10 grams of sugar;
• 50 grams of powdered sugar;
• 400 ml of vegetable oil.
Cooking Method: 1. Mix in a bowl of sparkling water with sifted flour and sugar.
2. Knead not sticky tight dough.
3. Roll out the dough into a thin rectangular layer, literally 1-2 mm thick.
4. Cut the layer into strips seven cm long, two cm wide.
5. In the center of each strip, we make an incision of one centimeter, then, taking one side of the strip, push it a couple of times through this same incision, after which we straighten the brushwood and spread it onto a floured tabletop.
6. Pour the oil into a deep frying pan or a wide-dipped cauldron, heat it.
7. We spread the brushwood in small batches in boiling oil, fry on each side to a blush for 10-15 seconds.
8. Carefully remove the lean brushwood, put all the products on a paper towel.
9. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Lenten pastries - tricks and tips
• Vanilla sugar can be replaced by vanilla extract, vegetable oil - olive or corn.
• Cinnamon can be added to pastries; it must first be mixed with apple slices.
• Ingredients like lemon zest, chopped roasted nuts can be added to the dough.
• Do not add more honey to the dough. Otherwise, gingerbread can turn out to be harsh.
• You can get new interesting flavor notes of lean pastries by adding chopped dried fruits to the dough: dried banana, prunes, dried apricots, raisins, figs and others.
Lenten cake with raisins and nuts:
• At the request, in addition to raisins, you can add other dried fruits.
• In order to make the holiday baking festive, it is enough to sprinkle it with powdered sugar and decorate with whole nuts.
• From the same dough, you can make delicious muffins.
• Orange juice can be replaced with apple juice.
• Do not crush nuts into powder, otherwise the taste of the cake will not be so bright.
Lenten buckwheat pancakes:
• If buckwheat flour was not in the store, do not rush to give up the idea to bake pancakes, you can cook it yourself. To do this, carefully pick buckwheat and grind it in a coffee grinder, then sift. • Be sure to add wheat flour to the dough, it will give the mass the necessary stickiness.
• In the dough do not add additional flavors in the form of, for example, vanilla or cinnamon, as these products can spoil the taste of buckwheat pancakes.
• Usually buckwheat pancakes are served with additives such as fried onions, pickles, mushrooms, green onions. But you can experiment with sweet fillings: jam, jam, honey.
Lenten roll with poppy seeds:
• You can also add some honey, nuts, raisins to the filling.
• Vanillin is often added to the dough, which gives lean baking a pleasant aroma.
• Sugar in the filling is better to pour than to sleep. Some of the sweetness during baking absorbs the dough, and the filling may be slightly dry and fresh.
Fast bagels with jam:
• Instead of jam or jam, you can also use chocolate, marmalade and other favorite fillers.
• Finished products can be sprinkled with powdered sugar.
• The dough can be kneaded with your hands, if it is more convenient for you, but in this case it will turn out to be not layered, but ordinary and not so tender and airy.