Central Asian lagman, this is almost the same European noodles in chicken broth.
The difference is only in spices - there are quite a lot of them in lagman, in contrast to lean European dishes. But, if Europeans do not come to mind to build special “lapshnevni”, then in the east, a cafe-lagmannaya is an ordinary thing. And the demand for a national dish there is quite high and there are a lot of recipes for it.
Chicken Lagman - General Cooking Principles
• Lagman consists of noodles and separately prepared vegetable gravy with chicken, the so-called waji. To prepare a delicious dish, you should take special lagman noodles, and not wide Italian pasta. The semi-finished product suitable for our tasks is sold rolled up in the form of a nest.
• Initially prepare the vaja. It consists of roasted chicken pieces that are stewed with vegetables, adding a little water or chicken broth. A mandatory component of such gravy is a tomato. It is added about five minutes before readiness, diluting with liquid (water, broth). Waja is cooked in a deep, frying pan with thick walls or a slow cooker.
• Noodles are always boiled separately, dropping into intensely boiling, slightly salted water. Then washed with warm water, so that she did not have time to cool down, and dried in a colander.
• Laghman, like all Oriental dishes, is richly seasoned with spices. Put them in the already almost ready gravy.
• Served in deep plates. First, they spread the noodles, and then pour the vaja, thus adjusting the thickness of the dish. In Uzbek cuisine, the finished noodles are added to the gravy five minutes before being cooked, along with the tomato.
Lagman with chicken and fresh tomatoes
• Lagman noodles - 150-170 grams;
• a pound of chicken, cooled fillet;
• two large onions;
• mid-size carrot;
• a couple of fresh tomatoes;
• one Bulgarian pepper;
• two tablespoons of good olive oil;
• tomato puree - 1 tbsp. l
1. Liberally rinse the fillet with water and dry. Cut off all the excess film and pieces of hanging fat. Cut the chicken in small pieces, oblong shape. 2. Remove the seeds from the pods of the pepper, cut the flesh into short strips, and the carrot into quarters of ringlets or straws.
3. Cut tomatoes and onions into small slices. With tomatoes, it is desirable to remove the skin. To do this, first immerse them in boiling water for a minute, and then cool them as fast as possible, pouring cold water over it.
4. Pour a little olive oil into a warm frying pan, heat well over high heat and put the meat down. Fry, stirring, until a noticeable golden crust appears. At this stage it is very important not to over dry the tender meat.
5. Separately, in olive oil, passsered chopped onion, carrot slices and pepper flesh. Then we put everything together, add tomatoes and simmer another two minutes.
6. Pour some water (50 ml) into a glass and put a tomato in it. Pour the liquid to the vegetables, stir and leave to stew on the minimum heat, about two minutes.
7. In a deep, preferably with a multi-layered bottom, lay out the saucepan of the fried pieces of meat and fill with vegetable roasting. Fill up with some more water, put the stew on a small fire. Cook for 10 minutes. In the end, do not forget to salt and add your favorite spices.
8. Separately, with salt, boil noodles until done. Then we shift it into a colander and pour boiling water over it. After draining the water, lay the noodles on deep plates.
9. Top with plenty of pouring gravy with chicken. You can add a dish of finely chopped greens.
Nourishing Lagman with Chicken and Vegetables
• carrots - one, large;
• two bulbs;
• one, small size, radish;
• 600 gr. chicken fillet;
• a tablespoon of tomato (can be replaced with two tomatoes);
• potato - 4 tubers;
• two bell peppers;
• a small pod of hot pepper;
• mix of spices: ground paprika, hops-suneli, coriander;
• fresh parsley;
• 50 ml of oil, necessarily refined.
1. Rinse and wash the chicken several times, cut into cubes, up to two centimeters in size and fry in vegetable oil. We make the fire intense, and the meat is constantly mixed so that its pieces quickly browned, but not dry. It is advisable to take a thick-walled, and even better, cast iron pan. Of course, in the absence of such dishes, Teflon and even the most ordinary would be suitable, but it will be more difficult to brown the products carefully. 2. Temporarily spread the chicken out of the pan and warm it with a little oil. Then we put in it carrots cut into cubes and a radish, onion half rings.
3. Fry the vegetables on low heat until softened and add to them the pulp of peppers, cut into strips. We continue to cook for five minutes.
4. We spread tomatoes cut into half rings with vegetables, add four crushed garlic cloves and cook another 5 minutes.
5. Fill the vegetables with boiling water so that they are completely covered with water. Salted, seasoned with spices, adding the mixture to your taste.
6. Adding heat and bringing the vegetable mass to a boil, add into it thin sticks of potatoes and fried meat pieces. Over low heat, cover with lid, simmer until cooked potatoes.
7. While the sauce comes to readiness, we drop the noodles into salted, moderately boiling water. After boiling, we slightly reduce the fire so that the water will only boil slowly, and boil it until tender. Then, discarding the colander, wash the noodles with warm water and wait for all the moisture to come off.
8. To serve in the deep plates, first put the noodles, then pour it with hot gravy with potatoes and chicken. We decorate the dish with chopped parsley.
Recipe of Uzbek lagman with chicken
• six selected large potatoes;
• medium-sized carrot - 2 pcs .;
• two whole chicken fillets, weighing at least 600 grams;
• two garlic cloves;
• non-spicy tomato ketchup or pasta - 2 tbsp. l .;
• large onion;
• homemade or purchased noodles for lagman - 300 gr .;
• spices: oregano, ground pepper, dried basil;
• butter - three tablespoons of olive or well-cleaned sunflower.
1. For the preparation of the Uzbek lagman you will need a cauldron or a large thick-walled pan. Pour oil into the container and set on medium heat. Dip crushed garlic in warmed fat and keep stirring for no more than 30 seconds.
2. Lay the pieces of meat, fry with strong heating to a golden crust.
3. Season the chicken with spices, add finely chopped onions and at the minimum heat bring it to transparency. Then add coarsely grated carrot chips and continue to fry until softened and light golden staining of vegetables. 4. Pour 2 liters of freshly boiled water, wait for re-boiling, add small cubes of potatoes. Five minutes before readiness, we introduce a tomato diluted in boiled water and boiled noodles separately.
Spicy Lagman with Chicken, Fresh Tomatoes and Adjika
• a pound of onion;
• fresh tomatoes - 300 gr .;
• 600 gr. chicken breast;
• acute adjika with the addition of hops-suneli - 200 gr .;
• refined oil, preferably olive oil;
• a pound of lagoon noodles (nests);
• ground pepper.
1. Thoroughly wash the selected fillets with water, then dry well and cut them into fairly large but thin pieces. Onions shred rings, carrots - in small cubes. With tomatoes, remove the skin, cut the pulp into slices. To peel off easily, scald the tomatoes with boiling water.
2. Place a thick-walled, deep enough pan on a strong fire. Having poured oil into it, we warm it well and lower the fillet pieces. Fry on intense heat until light browning.
3. Add the onion, sausage it for ten minutes, lay out the carrot pieces and continue to fry until golden.
4. Put the adjika to the fried meat, add a little boiled water, mix thoroughly. Cover the pan, simmer over moderate heat for about ten minutes. Approximately about three minutes until done, add salt, chopped tomatoes. You can additionally put a spoonful of unsalted, thick tomato.
5. Boil the “nests” separately in lightly salted water, adding a little vegetable oil. Dip the noodles into the intensely boiling liquid, and after re-boiling we cook only with a slight boil. Wash the finished noodles with warm water and leave in a colander for a time sufficient to drain all the liquid.
6. When serving, the noodles are laid out in plates, and the top is filled with gravy.
Chicken and Potted Lagman
• a pound of chicken backs;
• chilled fillet - 700 gr .;
• six potatoes;
• one Bulgarian, preferably red, pepper;
• bitter onion head;
• black radish - two medium-sized roots; • 200 gr. tomato, unsalted pasta;
• three small carrots;
• four “nests” of lagman noodles;
• fresh cilantro;
1. Back, rinsing thoroughly in water, lay out in a saucepan, pour 1.5 liters of water, waiting for boiling. Remove from the surface of the broth the resulting “noise”, continue to cook at a moderate boil. After 20 minutes, lower the whole potato tubers and bring it to readiness. Then we get, we give to cool, cut into cubes. We catch back broth from broth and filter it.
2. Cut the carrot and the pulp of the pepper into strips, radish three on a medium grater, chop the onion with half rings and chop the garlic. Cooled potatoes cut into cubes of about two centimeters in size.
3. In a deep frying pan, add vegetable oil, fry the sliced fillet. Spread tomato paste on chicken and stew, without covering, for seven minutes. Add chopped vegetables and stew further for a quarter of an hour.
4. Add some salt, add spices, pepper. Add a glass of broth to the pan and leave to heat for another 20 minutes.
5. Take four pots, pour in each from 100 to 150 ml of chicken broth. Place the container in the oven and hold at 180 degrees for a quarter of an hour, and at this time boil the noodles.
6. Carefully remove the pots of broth from the oven and place boiled noodles on them. We spread chicken stew with vegetables on it, sprinkle with cilantro and return the containers back to the switched off, but still hot oven. We stand 10 minutes, after which we reach and serve.
Chicken Lagman: Recipe for Multicooker
• lagman noodles - 200 gr .;
• 400 gr. Chicken, preferably fillet;
• one and a half liters of water;
• 300 gr. potatoes;
• two small bulbs;
• Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
• mid-size carrot;
• hops-suneli, not too sharp taste.
1. Wash and thoroughly towel dry the fillets. Cut into square or oblong pieces.
2. In the bowl, in the frying mode, we warm up two spoons of oil and dip the pieces of chicken into it. Fry, stirring, until dense, golden brown. 3. Add onion half rings, a thin straw of grated carrots, mix and fry all together for another five minutes.
4. We put in a bowl thin strips of pepper pulp, small cubes of potatoes, finely chopped garlic (two cloves).
5. Add some salt, add some hops-suneli and tomato, add some salt. Pour one and a half liters of boiling water, mix thoroughly. We start the “Quenching” preset by setting the timer for 40 minutes, and close the lid.
6. In a saucepan, boil noodles until cooked. Do not forget to salt water. Finished noodles are collected in a colander and washed with warm water. Scald with boiling water, fill with melted butter.
7. When serving in a deep plate, put the right amount of noodles and pour it, bringing the dish to the desired consistency, vegetable sauce - waj.
Chicken Lagman - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• It is important not to digest noodles, otherwise it will limp and stick together. This will spoil not only the appearance of the dish, but also its taste.
• Meat should be roasted over high heat. Then it quickly becomes covered with a crust, which prevents the loss of meat juice and will not allow the chicken to dry out.
• It is recommended to simmer the vaja on low heat. The longer it is cooked, the tastier is Lagman.