Lagman with beef is a juicy hearty dish with an oriental flavor; you can cook it quickly, in a hurry, and for a long time, observing all the details of the process. We collected recipes for lagmans with beef for those who do not like the taste of a classic dish on lamb gravy.
Beef Lagman - General Cooking Principles
• The basis of the lagman is gravy and noodles. For the liquid part of the dish is important richness and reasonable density, and the noodles must be dense, preferably home-made.
• Choosing meat - there is no need to focus on how young the animal was. Lagomanian gravy is cooked for a long time, as a rule, with a weak boil. During this time, even middle-aged beef will have time to become soft.
• Do not remove cartilage before cooking, they add broth density. It is better to remove them at the very end, if required.
• The ideal tableware for Lagman is a cauldron, and the best, of course, cast iron. In the absence of such a rare treasure, it is necessary to manage with the available utensils. Try to fry all foods at the maximum fire in a thick-walled pan without special coatings, and stew gravy in any suitable saucepan or pot.
• The quality of the spices used for the lagman is important. Pay special attention to greens and garlic, they must be exclusively the best grade.
Uzbek lagman with beef
• beef pulp - 300 gr .;
• 200 gr. long noodles;
• one large tomato;
• 150 gr. white cabbage:
• two stalks of radish celery;
• onion head;
• pod of red hot pepper;
• Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
• large carrot - one root vegetable;
• small size radish (green);
• Spoon of tomato paste;
• thick acute adjika - 1/2 tsp;
• three spoons of refined oil;
• teaspoon ground coriander;
• red paprika - 1 tsp. Cooking Method:
1. Prepare the vegetables. Thinly shred cabbage and carrots. Celery, bell pepper pulp, radish and tomato - cut into small slices. Tomato can be peeled off in advance. From the hot pepper pick the seeds, chop the pulp with a knife. Thin half rings shred bow.
2. Wash beef. Cut off all the films from meat, cut into small cubes. Omit the pieces in a well-heated butter in a pan and quickly fry to light brownness. Season with pepper, add some salt.
3. Reduce heat to medium, spread onion half rings to the meat, passeruem until softened. Add the carrot and continue to cook, do not forget to mix until golden. Lay the sweet pepper with tomatoes, cook another five minutes.
4. Add tomato paste, adjika, chopped finely garlic, paprika, coriander. Season everything with ground pepper, mix everything thoroughly and immediately put cabbage, radish and celery into the pan. Stew for two minutes.
5. Put everything from the pan into a large saucepan, pour six glasses of water and place the container on a small fire, cook for about 15 minutes. Make sure the vegetables do not spread.
6. Separately, with a small amount of salt, until cooked, boil noodles. We rinse it well with hot water, dry it in a colander and lay it on plates.
7. Fill the noodles with vegetable sauce with meat, decorate with finely chopped greens and serve.
Beef Lagman - “Spring”
• 700 grams of unrefined beef;
• two large potatoes;
• 200-220 grams of spaghetti or noodles;
• salad onions - 2-3 medium heads;
• garlic head;
• one sweet carrot;
• lean oil, unrefined;
• one and a half dozen mid-sized radishes;
• thick tomato, unsalted - two spoons;
• large tomato and Bulgarian peppercorn.
1. Having dried the beef from excess moisture, cut it into small pieces. 2. We clean all the vegetables: carrots, potatoes and onions from the skin, remove seeds from the pepper, and release the radish from the “tails”. Tomato while we leave, as is.
3. We cut everything into small-sized ones, in the form of cubes, cut a tomato a little larger, and radishes into thin slices or, if the radish is large enough, into semicircles. Garlic cloves cut into several parts and crush in a mortar.
4. Heat at a temperature just above the average oil. The pan, preferably deep and thick-walled. Fry the meat until it is noticeably browned, fall asleep onions and wait until there is almost no moisture in the pan. Onion slices at the same time begin to dry out significantly and acquire a brownish color.
5. Immediately add the peppers and carrots, stir and incubate at the same temperature for about ten minutes. Put the potatoes, garlic and tomato paste. We add a little bit, finally we will do it with a ready dish, and add half a cup of boiling water. Very good, if the water will replace the broth.
6. After half an hour of stewing under a lid with moderate heat, put the tomatoes and a few peas of pepper. Stir and soak another quarter of an hour.
7. If you prefer to cook with spices, there is a ready-made set for sale, put them a quarter of an hour before the end of cooking. Otherwise, you can just pepper a bit, add dried greens to taste. A very successful lagman will turn out if you put finely chopped feathers of young garlic.
8. Noodles, or “shortened” three times spaghetti cook separately, wash well and shake off the water in a colander. Divide the noodles on deep plates, add meat and gravy, salt the radish and serve separately.
Cooking lagman with beef in a slow cooker
• one and a half liter of meat and bone broth;
• pound of veal;
• half a cup of oil;
• 250 grams of noodles;
• large onion;
• 2 ripe tomatoes;
• a bunch of parsley;
• garlic head;
• 2 juicy bell peppers;
• three tablespoons thick, unsalted tomato; • grated ginger root - spoon, no slides.
1. Two-centimeter cubes, or slightly larger, cut the washed beef pulp. Mash the garlic in a mortar, or, first cut into plates, crush on the chopping board. Onions cut into half rings, and the flesh of the pepper into semi-sanititre cubes.
2. Tomatoes are required to remove the coarse skin. To this end, scald them briefly with boiling water, cool with running water and, with a knife, remove the skin. Cut the flesh into smaller pieces, chop parsley finely.
3. Initially, we start the multicooker processor in frying mode for 15 minutes. We need to fry beef pieces in hot oil for about ten minutes. We do this by stirring, then add, a couple of minutes before the shutdown, all other prepared products.
4. Pour in the broth, reconfigure the device to “Soup” and 40 min. cook in this mode.
5. We prepare noodles for lagman separately, on the stove, be sure to salt the water. You can do this even with a small margin, proportionally reducing the amount of salt in the gravy.
6. We put the washed noodles in a slow cooker, add saliva and priperivaym, removing the sample from an already almost ready dish.
7. Having closed a cover, we maintain on “Heated” about ten minutes, we arrange in plates and we sprinkle with greens.
Uzbek lagman with beef and oriental noodles
• 450 g of beef tenderloin;
• spoonful of thick tomato;
• three large potatoes;
• two carrots;
• meaty sweet pepper;
• a couple of slightly overripe tomatoes;
• for a spoonful of the seeds of paprika and ground paprika, and two for coriander;
• two large, juicy onions;
• dill and cilantro.
For hot sauce:
• polgolovki garlic;
• hot peppers;
• a bunch of fresh basil.
• a glass of chilled water and refined oil;
• 0.4 kilograms of flour
• 0.3 spoons of fine salt.
1. First of all, prepare the noodles, it needs a little rest. All the ingredients for the dough, except butter, are collected in a voluminous bowl or a small basin. Kneading up to a quarter of an hour, we get a cool, unleavened dough. It must be kept in the cold for about an hour, wrapped in film. 2. After the time has expired, we knead again and divide it into four parts. Liberally moisten the dough with butter and wash our hands. Chunks of dough must be twisted into separate strands, stretching and slightly twisting. Each flagellum is rolled up and let rest, slightly sprinkled with oil. While you are doing the following harnesses in succession, the first one is already for some time. Just for the first time you need to keep the dough for about a quarter of an hour.
3. Repeat the process of pulling the harnesses, this time double their length and halve the time. Get about a half meter in length, and 5-7 minutes to rest.
4. From the third run, the blanks under the noodles will be three-meter-long, we will withstand them for no more than 5 minutes. The fourth, and last, process should give us five-meter, or even longer, test strips. Focus on the thickness, it should be within 5 millimeters.
5. Boil noodles in a large amount of boiling water that is necessarily salted. We put it in boiling water, as before, coiling, and boil for about 2.5 minutes. after surfacing. Watch closely the process, noodles from different flours are cooked differently, depending on the gluten. We shift the finished noodles into a colander, pour in oil and mix. Water from cooking lagmannoy noodles do not pour!
6. You can start cooking lagman even in the process of cooking noodles. With centimeter, or slightly larger ones, cut the meat and onions into pieces, and tomatoes and peppers - slightly larger.
7. In a pot, and, in the presence of such a pot - in a wok or cauldron, heat up the oil and drop all the onions into it. Waiting for the softening and put the meat, stir and we mark ten minutes.
8. Rub cumin and coriander in a mortar, or, in extreme cases, slightly scrolling in a coffee grinder. We put spices to a dish together with carrots cut into small cubes. We wait for 5 minutes, and lay the same pulp of pepper.
9. Even after 5 minutes, put the tomatoes and paprika, add some salt, if you wish, add some sugar. 10. Next time add potatoes. We clean it beforehand and cut it into centimeter cubes. We fill with a tomato, we prisalivat, we add hot water level with products. Under the lid boil for half an hour.
11. During this time, prepare a hot sauce for filling the lagman. Pound garlic with basil, add the pulp of hot pepper (without seeds), slightly add salt and re-grind. Dilute broth.
12. Serve lagman need fast. Heat the water from under the noodles. We divide the noodles in portions, put them in a colander. Dip the noodles in boiling water for a few seconds, shake off excess water and lay out in a plate. Top put a portion of meat with broth. Chopped dill with cilantro, as well as spicy sauce, served separately, or, knowing the tastes of the audience, add to the finished lagman.
Nourishing Lagman with beef and eggplants
• ground eggplants - 300 grams;
• 650 gr. clippings without veins;
• potatoes and carrots - 200 grams each;
• three large onions;
• three juicy sweet peppers;
• a handful of pork fat;
• large garlic head;
• a pair of tomato spoons;
• spoon of vinegar;
• a bunch of young garlic feathers;
• hand-ground pepper;
• young fennel - necessarily, can be mixed with parsley, only one bunch;
• on a small spoonful of cumin seeds and coriander, and a little less - ground paprika.
1. Interior fat is used to give the dish a maximum taste similarity with the original lagman, but some may not like it. In this case, skip the first paragraph. If you decide to use it all the same, you need to heat up some oil in the pot and put the fat in it. While stirring, heat it until a ruddy hue forms on the surface of the pieces. If you cook without fat - just heat up the butter.
2. Dip beef slices in hot fat, brown them well and season with pepper. Slightly warm so, then, stirring, put chopped onion and garlic, warm, about 5 minutes. 3. Next, also with a five-minute interval, first put the carrots, followed by the Bulgarian pepper. Even after the same period of time, we fill with tomato, after a couple of minutes we add salt, add boiling water to the level of products, add all the spices.
4. Soak under the lid on moderate heat, add the potato, cut it into half-cubic cubes. Cook until quarter of an hour.
5. With eggplant, remove the skin, and cut the flesh into pieces, the size of a centimeter, lay the rest of the products. After 5 minutes We put greens, we fill with vinegar, if necessary we add saline. With boiling water, bring the consistency to a thick soup, withstand, in the absence of heating, a quarter of an hour under the lid.
6. Boil the noodles separately, refuel with vegetable oil. Serving lagman, bay serving a noodle sauce with slices of beef.
“Green” lagman with beef in a cauldron
• slightly less than half a pound of beef;
• two carrots;
• a pair of garlic heads;
• medium bulb;
• a handful of young parsley leaves;
• a glass of fresh or canned peas;
• four potatoes and the same medium-sized tomatoes;
• on request - basil;
• two spoons of tomato paste;
• lettuce leaves;
• spaghetti or long noodles, you can homemade.
1. Cut the carrot into large circles and the onion into half rings, chop the cabbage. Cut potatoes into small cubes and crush the garlic. Tomatoes are also cut into small ones, we sprinkle a little and give to put the juice.
2. We warm up the cauldron, pour a couple of dabs of coarse dry salt on the bottom and, after waiting a couple of minutes, pour in the oil. Large pieces of beef, fry at the very maximum heat, slightly reduce the temperature and put onions, garlic and carrots.
3. When the onions are noticeably browned, add the chopped parsley, followed by the tomatoes. Stew until 20 minutes, put the tomato and, a little salt, stir.
4. If you have young peas, or canned, but harsh, put it at this stage. Then put the potatoes, add boiling water so that it becomes flush with the products. 5. Stew for three quarters of an hour, and check the readiness of the vegetables. If you add soft canned peas, now is the time for this. Wait a bit and put the basil. To give the dish a greater resemblance to the Uzbek marching lagman, you can drop a couple of drops of liquid smoke.
6. Boil the pasta separately, ideally, of course, it should be lean noodles, narrow and long.
7. Release the lagman, as usual - watering the noodles with gravy and spreading the meat over the top. Separately served salad leaves in large quantities, you can chop them and sprinkle the dish on top.
Beef Lagman - cooking tricks and useful tips
• For lagman, use unrefined oil. It must be calcined well before laying the products. This is done easily: a cauldron or a frying pan is heated for a couple of minutes, then the same salt is heated in the same amount. Next, pour the oil and warm it up at the maximum of the fire, waiting until light whitish smoke begins to rise from the surface.
• Special lagman noodles are a rare product, especially if you do not live in Central Asia. Replaced it is easiest to make homemade, the recipe is in the collection, as an option, good spaghetti will do. Breaking macaroni is not required.