Hercules porridge is a great start to the day.
But only if it is properly cooked!
Much has been said about the benefits of oatmeal and we will not repeat it. But to learn about how to cook oat-flakes is really tasty, it will be superfluous.
Pleased household amazing gruel?
How to cook oat-flakes - general principles of cooking
Cook porridge on milk, on water or on their joint mixture. Moreover, the percentage can be absolutely anything. If there is no fresh milk, you can use dry milk. Sometimes housewives find a way out and add condensed milk to the porridge on the water, fresh cream or enrich the dish with other products.
What can be added to the oatmeal gruel:
• dried fruits (raisins, dates, prunes, dried apricots and others);
• nuts (walnuts, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts and others);
• spices (vanilla, cinnamon)
• chocolate chips;
• honey, which replace sugar;
• fresh fruits and berries, including exotic ones.
Before you cook Hercules porridge look carefully at the packaging. If the flakes are fast, then it is enough to boil porridge for 1-2 minutes. If in the hands of ordinary flakes, then cook 7-10 minutes. There are rolled oats, which is completely without cooking, it is enough to just pour boiling water or hot milk. But, as experts say, such cereals are less useful than ordinary ones.
How to cook oat-flakes in water
Hercules porridge on water is a dish of dietary and medical nutrition. It is prescribed for obesity, diseases of the digestive system, and also give people with lactose intolerance. Therefore, it does not hurt to know how the oatmeal porridge is cooked.
• 1 glass of Hercules;
• 2.5 glasses of water;
1. Salt water and put on the stove, give boil.
2. Add rolled oats, stir, bring to a boil and reduce the heat.
3. Cook until thickened. We look at the state of cereals, on average, the process takes from 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Add sugar, boil for a moment and turn it off. But you can sprinkle with sugar already prepared porridge in the plates.
How to cook porridge on milk
For porridge, you can use milk of any fat content, it does not matter much. But most often they take the standard 3.2%. Before cooking porridge, you need to remember that it is better not to do this with whole milk, it is advisable to dilute it with a small amount of water. And the best half. Ingredients
• 1 glass of Hercules;
• 1 glass of water;
• 1 glass of milk;
• 50 grams of oil;
• salt, sugar or honey.
1. Pour water and milk into the saucepan, put on the stove.
2. After boiling add salt and add the oat-flakes, stir and boil again.
3. Cook on low heat for three minutes, add sugar.
4. Cook for another minute, put the butter, cover and turn off.
5. Let the porridge stand on the stove for about 20 minutes so that the flakes are ready. If there is no time, then you can simply boil them a little longer, about another three minutes.
How to cook oat-flakes in dry milk
Recipe cooking oatmeal porridge on milk powder, which can also have different fat content. On average, a product is used with 25%.
• 50 grams of rolled oats;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 2 tsp. dry milk;
• salt and oil.
1. Add 200 grams of water to dry milk, send it to the stove and let it boil.
2. Put a pinch of salt and you can immediately add sugar.
3. Pour the oatmeal, stir and cook for about three to five minutes.
4. Add a piece of butter, cover and turn off. Give stand.
5. After a quarter of an hour, remove the lid, stir and you can have breakfast!
How to cook oatmeal porridge in the microwave
This recipe can simply help out, if you can not cook breakfast on the stove. There are several ways to cook porridge in a microwave oven and this is one of the most successful. In the evening, you can pour oatmeal with milk and then the cooking time will be reduced to a minute.
• 3 tablespoons of oatmeal;
• 1 teaspoon of sugar (honey can be);
• 200 ml of milk;
• 1 piece of butter;
• 1 pinch of salt.
1. We take capacity for a microwave oven and we pour in it flakes.
2. Stir milk with a pinch of salt, immediately add sugar. If honey is used, then it is better to add it to the already prepared gruel, so as not to destroy the vitamins during cooking.
3. Put the capacity in the microwave oven, turn on the power of 700 watts.
4. Cook three minutes. You can cover the lid for a microwave oven, so that it does not accidentally splash.
5. We get porridge, put a piece of butter on top and it's done!
How to cook rolled oats with pumpkin and nuts
Pumpkin porridge with oat-flakes is a bright, tasty and extremely healthy dish. For cooking it is better to use a sweet pumpkin, orange and ripe. And then the porridge will also be very fragrant. Recipe with water, but similarly, you can cook and milk porridge.
• 250 grams of pumpkin;
• 6-7 spoons of cereal;
• 20 grams of butter;
• 2 spoons of sugar;
• 1 spoon of walnuts;
• some cinnamon
1. Cut the pumpkin into cubes, put it into the pan, pour in 50 ml of water and cook under the lid until soft.
2. Fry oatmeal and chopped nuts in a skillet until golden brown.
3. Add the oatmeal to the pumpkin puree, pour in about 150 ml of water or milk, let the future porridge boil.
4. Salt, put sugar and boil for two minutes.
5. We throw a piece of butter, cover and let stand for about half an hour. To taste, you can add ground cinnamon, it is wonderfully combined with pumpkin.
How to cook oatmeal porridge with raisins
In general, raisins can be simply washed and added to any porridge. But it will not be very tasty and fragrant. It is better to tell you how to cook oatmeal with raisins. Similarly, you can cook and porridge with dried apricots, prunes and other dried fruits, only by adjusting the amount of sugar.
• 100 grams of Hercules;
• 50 grams of raisins;
• 20 grams of oil;
• 200 ml of milk;
• 100 ml of water;
• a pinch of salt;
• 0.5 tablespoons of sugar.
1. Boil a mixture of water and milk.
2. Add a pinch of salt and sugar. Raisins themselves contain many sugars. This must be taken into account. If you do not like too sweet dishes, then you can only add some milk.
3. Add the flakes and cook for three minutes after boiling.
4. We wash the raisins, give the porridge one more time to boil well, throw in a piece of butter, stir and cover with a lid.
5. Turn off and insist 10 minutes.
How to cook oat-flakes with apples
Option magic oatmeal porridge, which is cooked with fresh apples. The dish is very nutritious, healthy, but not boring. You can also add a little raisins, nuts or other dried fruits to apples, but this is a matter of taste.
• 1 cup of oatmeal flakes;
• 3.5 glasses of milk or its mixture with water;
• 1 spoon of butter; • sugar and salt to your taste;
• 1 apple.
1. Boil milk. If desired, it is diluted with water, can be a third or even half.
2. Add sugar, do not forget to salt salt porridge, so that it manifests its taste.
3. Put the porridge and cook for about 7 minutes.
4. We throw the oil into the pan and turn it off.
5. Apple need to wash, grate on a coarse grater. The skin can be left or removed, doing as you like.
6. We throw an apple into the pan, stir and let it brew for ten minutes. During this time, porridge soaked with fruit flavor and become extraordinary.
7. Skeleton and ready!
Hercules porridge - useful tips and tricks
• Hercules porridge thickens very much as it cools. And if you need to cook it in advance, it is better to reduce the amount of cereal by a third and cook a liquid dish. Gradually, it will harden and become thicker.
• When cooking porridge always add cereal to the liquid, and not vice versa. And if you just need to steam the flakes, the liquid is added to them.
• How much cereal should be added to water or milk? This question is asked by many. If you want to make a liquid porridge, then 570 grams of milk (water) is used per 100 grams of cereal. For cooking viscous porridge enough to pour 350 grams of liquid per 100 grams of dry cereals.
• Did you know that if you interfere with porridge quickly, then the cooking process slows down? Stir the contents of the pan slowly and infrequently. And it is better to get a good container for cooking porridges, in which they will not burn.
• Is there oatmeal? Do not rush to throw it away! It can be used for cooking casseroles, added to sweet bits and pancakes. And if the oat-flakes are also unsweetened, then it can be sent to the stuffing for meat or fish cutlets and not add bread, semolina.