Kefir is a versatile lactic acid product that allows us to diversify our menu not only healthy and nutritious, but also easy to prepare dishes.
On kefir they prepare first courses of fresh vegetables, they make immunity-enhancing drinks and quickly quench their thirst in the hot season. Fresh kefir makes wonderful light desserts, and overdue ones make airy and very soft pastries.
Kefir Dishes (Overdue) - General Cooking Principles
• From kefir, according to the recipes described below, drinks, desserts, cottage cheese, cheese and various pastries are prepared: pancakes, manna with strawberries and gingerbread.
• Kefir is useful any - fresh or expired, low-fat or high-calorie.
• From fresh kefir prepare dishes that are not subject to heat cooking: drinks and desserts. For baking, on the contrary, it is better to give preference to a specially seasoned or expired lactic acid product. Cottage cheese and cheese can be made from fresh or slightly overdue kefir.
• The fat content of the product does not have a special role. It depends only calorie dishes. But still baking turns out to be more lush from the dough prepared on kefir with the lowest percentage of fat.
What to cook from kefir: recipe for dairy soufflé - “Warm ice cream”
• fresh, 3.2%, kefir - half liter;
• one third of a glass of 15% sour cream;
• tablespoon of gelatin;
• one third teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
• half a cup of white sugar.
1. Pour gelatin with two tablespoons of water. After about 20 minutes, when it swells well, heat it in a water bath, stirring constantly. As soon as it begins to boil, immediately remove from heat and cool well. Gelatin can not be boiled.
2. Dissolve sour cream in kefir, add regular sugar and vanilla. Beat the mixture with a mixer at medium speed for about three minutes. 3. Then, without slowing down, enter the cooled gelatin and continue to beat the milk mixture for another three minutes.
4. After that, immediately pour into prepared ice cream bowls or glasses, and refrigerate. As a rule, 3-4 hours will be enough.
5. In the finished dessert, you can put fresh berries, fruits, chopped nuts, or shredded chocolate.
6. If the amount of sugar is slightly increased, put 2/3 cup, the souffle to taste will resemble a sundae.
What to cook from kefir: a cottage cheese recipe for a kid
• a glass of baby yogurt 2.5% fat.
1. Pour the kefir in a small bowl and put it to warm up in a water bath. When kefir is completely “curdled”, remove the tank from the heat and let it stand for a while.
2. The curd will rise quickly, and the whey will stay down.
3. Lay the gauze over the colander and discard the coagulated mass.
4. Cottage cheese can be given to the baby after all the whey has gone well.
What to cook from kefir: recipe for vegetable and meat salad dressings
• 3.2% kefir - five tablespoons;
• 0.5 tsp. brewed unsharp mustard;
• three yolks;
• three table. spoons 9% wet curd mass;
• juice from 1/8 of lemon.
1. Pour kefir into the bowl of the blender. Add cottage cheese, mustard, lemon juice and raw yolks. To your taste, add salt and lightly pepper.
2. Smash everything well with a blender until a uniform sauce is obtained.
What to cook from kefir: recipe for “Adygei cheese”
• one liter of fat kefir;
• three liters of pasteurized or homemade milk;
• two spoons of fine “Extra” salt.
1. In a water bath, place a container (a small bowl) with kefir and hold it unmixed, waiting for the stratification into curd and whey to begin. Cottage cheese pops up, and at the bottom there will be a slightly greenish liquid - whey. 2. When this happens, flip the contents of the bowl onto a colander lined with gauze and wait until all the whey has gone. About 250 grams of tender cottage cheese and the residue in the form of whey come out of a liter of kefir.
3. Pour the whey into the jar and leave it warm, and you can eat the curd.
4. After two days, pour three liters of homemade milk into a large saucepan and boil it. When the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat and pour the whey into it in a thin stream. Continue cooking with moderate heat until the milk is curdled. In this case, the cheese will rise on its surface with a solid “cake”.
5. Turn off the stove, remove the cheese from the pan with a colander and immediately transfer it to the gauze. Catch the remaining whey by hanging cheesecloth over the sink or wide bowl.
6. Form the head of the cheese of the desired shape, place it under a press and clean overnight in a refrigerator.
7. In the morning, gently unfold the gauze and can take a sample.
What to cook from kefir: a recipe for a banana dessert with chocolate chips
• 2.5% fresh kefir - 500 ml;
• half a liter of fresh ryazhenka;
• 50 grams of instant oatmeal flakes;
• two ripe bananas;
• sugar, cinnamon powder - to taste;
• a small bar of dark chocolate;
• ice (crushed).
1. Place small pieces of peeled bananas in a small bowl and pour in them the kefir mixed with kefir.
2. Add crushed ice, pour the oatmeal flakes with sugar and beat at low speed with a kitchen processor (blender) for one minute.
3. Then pour the dessert in glasses with a wide neck and set aside for a while.
4. After about half an hour, decorate the top with a large chocolate crumb and thin slices of banana.
What to cook from kefir: recipe of a drink to enhance immunity
• two glasses of low-fat, 1%, fresh kefir;
• half a bunch of spinach and as much fresh parsley; • one mid-size ground cucumber;
• a piece of ginger root - 2 cm;
• juice from 1/2 medium lemon;
• a pinch of ground coriander.
1. Cut a fresh cucumber with a very sharp knife into ringlets, ginger root into slices.
2. Rinse the herbs thoroughly with water and add them to the cucumber and ginger in a shredded form in a bowl.
3. Pour in well-cooled kefir, squeeze lemon juice, salt and whisk thoroughly with a blender.
4. Serve immediately, decorating the glass with a ring of cucumber.
What to cook from an expired kefir: recipe for kefir gingerbread
• half a cup of powdered sugar;
• three and a half glasses of wheat baking flour;
• four tablespoons of high-quality cocoa powder;
• two fresh eggs;
• three tablespoons of vegetable oil;
• teaspoon of 9% vinegar;
• 1.3 cups white sugar;
• a full glass of 3.2% overdue kefir.
1. In a wide deep bowl pour in oil and expired kefir. Break one chicken egg, add sugar, add and mix well.
2. Then add a third of the over-flour and add vinegar-soda, carefully stir everything up to a smooth consistency.
3. Without ceasing to stir, enter all flour and knead plastic, rather soft dough. If it sticks, add some more flour and slowly knead again.
4. Divide the dough into pieces and roll thick sausages from each one, which are cut into portions. Shape a round gingerbread cake from each of them and place them on a roaster laid with parchment.
5. Bake gingerbread for half an hour at 175 degrees. Before setting the baking sheet with the blanks, heat the oven to the desired temperature.
6. Powder sugar with egg white for glaze.
7. Transfer the hot gingerbreads to a wide bowl and pour them over the prepared glaze. Shake the bowl lightly a few times so that the coating evenly covers all the cakes. Move them to a cold baking sheet and wait until the icing hardens well.
What to cook from an expired kefir: strawberry mannik recipe
• one glass of semolina (dry cereal);
• 100 gr. natural butter;
• 250 ml of overdue 2.5% kefir;
• a full glass of baking white flour (no slides);
• a teaspoon of ripper (baking soda);
• two fresh raw eggs;
• pinch of salt;
• 250 grams of fresh ripe strawberries;
• mint leaves - 4 pcs .;
• black currant berries.
1. Mix dry semolina with warm expired kefir. Salt and leave for half an hour to semolina swelled.
2. Separate the squirrels from the yolks and whisk them well until fluffy.
3. Spread the yolks with heavy movements with sugar and softened butter until white.
4. Add the pounded yolks to the kefir mix and mix well. Then enter the protein foam and again gently stir the mass.
5. Wash the strawberries with water, dry well and cut into thin slices.
6. Grease the round detachable form with butter and put some of the dough into it. On it lay a plate of strawberries and evenly cover the remaining dough.
7. Bake the manna with strawberries for half an hour at 180 degrees. Then raise the temperature to 200 degrees and wait until the top of the cake turns red.
8. When the cake has cooled, decorate the top with currants, mint leaves and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
What to cook from an expired kefir: recipe for cheese buns
• cream cheese - 300 g;
• a tablespoon of purified vegetable oil;
• two teaspoons of dough ripper;
• slightly less than half a tablespoon of sugar;
• premium baking flour - 350 grams;
• 300 ml of expired kefir.
1. Dissolve vegetable oil with kefir, add melted soft cheese and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with a dough cultivator and granulated sugar, add salt at your discretion.
3. Constantly stirring the kefir mass, enter the flour mixture into it and knead the dough well. It will stick slightly to your hands. Leave the dough to rest for a quarter of an hour, covering the bowl with a linen napkin. 4. Then divide the dough into small pieces (approximately 10 pieces) and form into small oval-shaped buns.
5. Put them on a baking sheet, greased with vegetable fat, and put in a hot oven for 25 minutes. Bake cheese cakes at 200 degrees.
Kefir Dishes - cooking tricks and useful tips
• The Adygei cheese will have a pleasant slightly yellowish color if a little bit of turmeric powder is poured into the boiling milk. The rich taste of chopped dill added to it will give it a rich taste and aroma.
• To make a banana dessert thicker, put it in a refrigerator for a quarter of an hour.
• Beat the salad dressing on kefir at the highest possible speed.
• Water the gingerbread with fondant; it will not spread well on cold ones.
• When kneading dough, mix the dough with kefir or cross with flour, and then add the other ingredients.
• Using the recipe of cooking “Curd for the baby” you can cook curd for adults from any kefir, both fresh and expired.
• Adyghe cheese, as well as cottage cheese, can be made from slightly overdue kefir.
• For baking, it is best to take expired kefir. Products will be more magnificent and softer.