On the basis of yogurt, you can knead the perfect dough for making delicious cakes. Moreover, the dough can be both yeast and yeast-free. There is no particular difference in taste, except that the shelf life of yeast is a little more and they turn out to be a little richer, but you choose the cooking option based on the time frame available to you.
Patties on yogurt - general principles
For the preparation of dough on yogurt for patties use several basic components:
• Flour. It is better to purchase a premium product, if using flour of the second or third grade, it is recommended to mix it with a small amount of potato starch.
• Sour milk. It can be both fresh and expired. It is important that the product does not smell of oxidation or fermentation. The product before the batch is taken out of the refrigerator in advance so that it warms to room temperature.
• Soda or yeast.
• Salt, sugar. Depending on the type of filling, both ingredients can be added a little more or less.
• Vegetable oil. It is necessary so that the dough does not stick during the rolling and forming.
The dough is thoroughly kneaded, allowed to “rest” or rise, after they are rolled out with a flat cake and they form pies.
Filling. There is room for imagination of any culinary specialist. You can fill the patties with absolutely any filling: jam and jams, eggs and mushrooms, cheese, vegetables, meat products, etc.
Pies on yogurt and you can fry and bake. When frying, it is important to put the semi-finished products in the oil well heated in the pan. When baking a sheet of pies put in a preheated oven.
1. The correct dough on yogurt for the pies
• half a liter of yogurt;
• baking soda - 15 g;
• sugar - 30 g;
• salt - 5 g;
• 2 eggs;
• sunflower oil - 20 ml; • flour - 5 glasses.
1. Sourd in a small metal container, put on a moderate heat and heat for two minutes, not boiling. This is necessary so that when adding soda, a good reaction goes, thanks to which the finished products will be especially soft and fluffy.
2. In a warm yogurt pour salt, sugar, baking soda, mix thoroughly with a whisk (stir until bubbles form and dissolve all added ingredients).
3. When bubbles appear on the surface of yogurt, enter one egg, whisk well, then insert the second egg.
4. Without ceasing to whisk whisk, pour in the oil and beat well.
5. After the oil, slowly pour the flour in several steps, but before that, be sure to sift it, so that it is enriched with air. Stir the mass with a whisk. When the dough becomes thick, whisk clean and place the dough on a floured table. Pause for fifteen minutes to an elastic and soft texture.
6. Wrap the finished dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour to “rest.”
7. Take the dough out of the fridge, once again carefully namnit it.
8. During the formation of the pies, lightly flour the table and the rolling pin so that the dough does not stick. But do not overdo it, otherwise the dough will absorb the excess flour, which will make it very hard because of what the cakes and pies can turn out like rubber.
9. You can also make dough on yogurt for yeast pie. To do this, first dissolve the yeast in slightly warm water, add a pinch of baking soda, a spoonful of sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of flour (yeast can take any: suitable and pressed, and dry).
10. After the yeast is completely dissolved in water, pour the yogurt at room temperature into the yeast mixture, stir well, and then add one egg (do not forget to whisk after each egg introduced). After the eggs, add vegetable oil, whisk slightly again and add the remaining flour, knead the dough (not too hard), cover the dough with a clean cloth and leave for half an hour for the yeast to start working, and the dough has increased in volume several times. When the dough rises a little for the first time, crush it with your hands and leave for another half hour again. 11. Prepared dough on yogurt with or without yeast, use to make cakes with different fillings. On request, patties of dough in yogurt can fry or bake in the oven, their taste and texture will not change, they will be all the same mouthwatering and lush.
12. Dough on yogurt will not lose its properties even if it is long in the freezer, so you can prepare it in large quantities and put it in the freezer, and then get it, defrost and bake or fry delicious lush cakes.
2. Fried yogurt pies with onions and egg
Ingredients for the dough:
• yogurt - 250 ml;
• salt - 15 g;
• soda - half a teaspoon;
• flour - 450 g;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil.
• four chicken eggs;
• floor of a bunch of green onions (young);
• black pepper in a ground form, salt - 10 grams.
Take another half a glass of sunflower oil for frying the shaped pies. Instead of butter, you can take any fat, the patties on it will turn out even more magnificent.
1. Since here the dough on yogurt for pies prepared without yeast, first prepare the filling. Boil the chicken eggs, salt the water before cooking so that the eggs do not crack. Cook first over high heat until boiling water, and then reduce and cook over low heat for seven minutes. Cooked eggs must be cooled in cold water, so that the shells are easier to peel off. Chilled eggs clean, chop. Wash the feathers of green onions and chop them too. Put the greens in the bowl with the eggs, pepper, salt and mix well.
2. Set the prepared stuffing from eggs and green onions to the side and knead the dough on yogurt: warm the yogurt slightly. Pour into sour milk soda, salt, mix well. Sift the wheat flour and slowly pour it into the fermented milk mass in a few tricks, do not forget to constantly stir the spoon or the whisk. When the dough becomes thick, knead it with your hands on a floured table. Knead the dough is not very long, about ten minutes, so that it does not become too tight. As mentioned in the first recipe, the dough should be soft and elastic, and without sticking to the hands and the table. Wrap the finished dough in foil and let it rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes. 3. “Rested” dough with hands and cut it into several small pieces.
4. Roll each piece of dough with a rolling pin into a half-centimeter cake. Put a small amount of egg filling in the center of the tortilla (as a filling you can take not only eggs with onions, but also mashed potatoes with roasted onions, braised cabbage and much more).
5. Pinch the edges of the lozenges tightly.
6. In a deep frying pan, pour in the sunflower oil or put in any fat, warm up well and put the formed pies down with a seam. Set a moderate heat during roasting, otherwise the patties may burn, and the dough remains moist.
7. Fry the patties on both sides for three to four minutes on each side.
8. Put the ready fried pies on a flat plate, cool slightly and serve to the table. If desired, you can garnish them with fresh parsley and dill leaves.
3. Oven baked patties on yogurt and yeast with potatoes
• yogurt - 250 ml;
• 20 g of dry yeast and sugar;
• 15 g of salt;
• 450 g of flour;
• 20 ml of vegetable oil.
• 4 medium potato tuber;
• onion head;
• 20 ml of sunflower oil;
• Pinch of black pepper and salt.
1. First, knead the dough on yogurt with yeast, so that it has time to rise. In a deep bowl with warm yogurt, pour in yeast, salt, sugar, stir until completely dissolved. Slowly pour in the sifted flour, constantly stirring first with a spoon, and then when the dough becomes thick, with your hands. Sprinkle flour onto well-kneaded dough, cover with a clean cloth and leave to rise for 60 minutes.
2. Prepare the filling: peel the potatoes, wash, boil until soft in salted water over moderate heat. Gently drain the broth, make the mashed potatoes tolkushkoy or blender. Peel the onion head, chop into crumb with a knife and fry in a pan with butter until golden brown. Put the fried onions in mashed potatoes, salt and pepper, mix well and cool. 3. Put the risen yeast dough on sour milk on a floured table, put it in your hands, cut it into small pieces. Roll out each cake. Place the cooled mashed potatoes with onions on the flat cakes, close the edges firmly.
4. Place the formed patties on the oiled sheet with the seam down, place in a hot oven and bake for 20 minutes at a not very high temperature.
5. Cool the baked patties and serve them to the table.
Patties on yogurt - tips
• Oxygen-enriched flour (sifted) makes the patties more airy and soft.
• If you save time, choose a recipe for yeast-free dough: by shortening the “distance” of the yeast dough, you deteriorate the quality of the finished pies.
• Fresh, well-chosen products, good dough kneading, slowness and a drop of heat - the key to success: the dough for yogurt will turn out even if you cook it for the first time in your life, finished products will come out tasty and lush. Enjoy your tea.