Potato patty is a favorite and well-known food.
Children, not adults will not refuse a ruddy product.
Especially if the pies are homemade and fried, lush and fragrant, cooked according to our recipes.
Indulge in delicious patties?
Potato pies fried in a pan - the general principles of cooking
Most pastry recipes use yeast dough. With it, the products turn out to be porous, airy, and if properly prepared and allowed to sour, they will remain soft for a long time. Pressed raw yeast is rarely used now and almost all recipes are ground to dry granules.
On which you can knead yeast dough:
• on the water;
• milk, kefir;
• mixtures of water and sour cream;
• on a mixture of several ingredients.
Housekeepers start a dough on acidified milk and other stagnant products. Also put some oil in it, you can add an egg. Flour before the introduction is always sifted to get rid of impurities and fill the product with oxygen, which is so necessary for yeast for normal development.
Fried pies can also be made from unleavened dough on water or kefir. For porosity and softness, baking powder is added to it.
For the filling mainly mashed potatoes. Often they put in it: onions, meat products, vegetables, mushrooms, sausages. Fry the patties in vegetable oil in a skillet in batches, in several pieces.
Recipe 1: Potato pies fried in a yeast dough pan
The classic recipe for fried pies in a frying pan with potatoes. For flavor and richer flavor, mashed in onion is added.
• 0.5 liters of water (can be whey or milk);
• spoon of sugar;
• about 6 glasses of flour;
• 1/4 tablespoon salt;
• 40 ml of oil. For the filling:
• 0.8 kg of potatoes;
• 0.15 kg of onions.
1. In a large bowl or pot, pour the heated water, add sugar, yeast and half the flour. Leave a whip for thirty minutes.
2. Add salt, remaining flour. When kneading pour oil. Cover the pan (bowl) with a towel and leave to a good lift. The dough should increase three times.
3. For the filling, prepare the usual mashed potatoes. Dice onion, fry and add to it. Do not forget about the spices. In addition to salt, you can add pepper, some greens, paprika and other spices.
4. We take out the dough and cut it into pieces, lay it on the table, give a little rise. Flatten each into a tortilla, put the filling, connect the edges.
5. We heat up the oil in the pan. The thickness of the layer must be at least 2 centimeters, otherwise the patties will be baked unevenly.
6. Blind patties slightly flatten out so that they are not so rounded and fry on both sides. Cover the pan is not necessary, since the filling is ready, and the yeast dough is roasted quickly.
Recipe 2: Potato pies fried in unleavened dough pan
The peculiarity of these pan-fried pies with potatoes is thin unleavened dough, which is kneaded on kefir without adding yeast. Baking soda is added for porosity; it can be replaced with a ripper.
• 500 ml of kefir;
• 2 eggs;
• salt, sugar;
• 2/3 tsp. soda;
• 2-3 spoons of butter.
For the filling, prepare the usual mashed potatoes, as in the previous recipe. It is possible with a bow or without it.
1. Put soda in warm kefir, mix.
2. Separately, beat 2 eggs with a spoonful of sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour into kefir, mix.
3. Pour the flour, pour in a couple of spoons of butter, knead. Making elastic, but not too steep dough. Letting him lie down, 15 minutes is enough. 4. Make balls of dough, roll out, put the stuffing and sculpt the usual cakes. The amount of filling and size at its discretion.
5. Fry in a skillet with butter until rosy color.
Recipe 3: Potato pies fried in a choux pastry pan
The main advantage of such pies with potatoes, fried in a frying pan, is the dough, which does not need to stand for a long time. In general, it can be used with any fillings, not necessarily only with potatoes. It is mixed with yeast, but with a special technology.
• 460 ml of water;
• 0.6 kg of flour;
• 11 grams of yeast;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
• 30-50 grams of oil.
Stuffing - mashed potatoes with onions or any other additives. Approximately 800 grams will go away.
1. Divide the water in half. One part is heated to a warm state, the second is boiled.
2. In warm water dissolve sugar with yeast and salt.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl, make flour and pour in liquid, add oil. Stir with flour and pour boiling water immediately. Stir vigorously with a spoon, then with your hands. If the dough is weak, then you can add more flour.
4. You can immediately form the patties, but it is better to let the dough stand for 10 minutes, so that the gluten swelled up, it leveled out, became smooth and soft.
5. We cut, sculpt and fry products in the classical way, as described in the recipes above.
Recipe 4: Potato pies fried in a puff pastry pan
Option puff pastries with potatoes, fried in a pan, especially those who are not friends with the dough. And he will help out, if there is a mash from lunch or dinner, and urgently need something to figure out for tea or for a snack. It is better to use puff pastry with yeast, with it fried foods are softer.
• 1 pack of dough;
• 600 grams of mashed potatoes;
Cooking 1. For a more pronounced taste, add a little pepper in the puree, you can put chopped garlic, dried or fresh herbs. Stir.
2. Lay the puff pastry on the table and roll out to three millimeters.
3. Now it can be squeezed out with a large cup to make circles. But this is not very profitable, since there will be a lot of trim. It is better to cut into rectangles or squares. Size is arbitrary.
4. Now lay out the filling in the center of each piece.
5. Take a brush (cloth, sponge), moisten it in water and pass through all the edges of the pieces, we moisten.
6. We make pies. They can be in the form of rectangles, triangles or envelopes. We do as you like or get better.
7. Fry in butter until cooked.
Recipe 5: Patties with potatoes fried in a pan of yeast dough with milk
Another variant of the dough with yeast for fried pies. In this recipe it is more rich, tender, the products are rosy and airy. Stuffing the usual preparation of mashed potatoes.
• 0.8 kg of flour;
• 300 ml of milk;
• salt and sugar;
• 80 grams of plum oil .;
• 15 grams of yeast (dry).
1. In warm milk you need to dissolve a spoonful of sugar with yeast. Leave for 15 minutes. During this time, melt the butter and cool to a warm state.
2. Mix the egg with a slightly incomplete teaspoon of salt, add to milk. Stir.
3. Pour in the oil and pour in the flour. Knead soft dough. The lump should turn out homogeneous, smooth.
4. Put in a high saucepan, cover with a towel and leave for an hour. Then we crush, let stand for another half an hour.
5. We start to make ordinary pies, fry in a griddle.
Recipe 6: Patties with potatoes and meat fried in a pan
Potato pies fried in a skillet will be especially fragrant and tasty if you add a little stuffing in the filling. Dough use any yeast. Ingredients
• 1 kg of dough;
• 0.6 kg of potatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 0.3 kg minced meat;
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into pieces, cook mashed potatoes in salted water.
2. Onion cut into cubes, fry in butter for a minute.
3. As soon as the onion becomes transparent, add the minced meat and fry until done. Enough 7-8 minutes.
4. Mix roasted minced meat with mashed potatoes, add more salt, pepper and other spices. Cooling filling.
5. Sculpt pies with cooked minced meat, fry until cooked.
Recipe 7: Potato and cabbage pies fried in a frying pan
Potatoes and cabbage - the perfect combination, especially in the filling for fried pies. We will use sauerkraut, with it it turns out especially tasty. But you can also fry in a skillet and fresh. Absolutely any dough is used, it turns out tasty with fresh.
Ingredients for the filling
• 500 grams of potatoes;
• 600 grams of sauerkraut;
• 1-2 onions;
• oil and spices.
1. Prepare classic mashed potatoes from potatoes, add fried onions.
2. Pickled sauerkraut, if it is too sour, you can rinse.
3. Heat some oil in a frying pan, put cabbage and fry until soft.
4. Now roll out the dough pellets and in each put an incomplete spoon of mashed potatoes and the same amount of cabbage. The edges are covered.
5. Fry the patties in butter until rosy color.
Recipe 8: Potato pies and sausages fried in a pan
Only a couple of sausages will completely change the taste of these pies. The filling will be fragrant and more delicious. The dough is better to take yeast, milk or water.
• 1 kg of dough;
• 0.7 kg of potatoes;
• 1 onion;
• salt pepper;
• oil and spices;
• 2-4 sausages.
1. Prepare mashed potatoes from potatoes.
2. Cut the onion finely, fry in oil until the pieces are transparent. 3. Add chopped sausage, fry together. Instead of the sausage, you can also take a sausage, a piece of sausage.
4. Mix mashed potatoes with sausages, fill the resulting filling with spices.
5. Divide the dough into 14-15 pieces, make bread, put the filling and connect the edges.
6. Fry like regular potato patties before browning.
Potato pies fried in a pan - useful tips and tricks
• You can not add a lot of sugar to the dough for fried pies, otherwise they will quickly burn, and inside they will remain raw.
• Hard and hard dough knead only for ravioli and other similar products. Pies do not tolerate it, turn out hard and tasteless. For them, you need a soft and airy dough, even a little sticky.
• Many housewives cut the dough on a floured table. But the grains burn when frying, carbon is formed in the pan, the oil smokes. But all this can be easily avoided. It is enough to use vegetable oil instead of flour. They grease the surface for cutting, as well as hands.
• Fried patties will be especially tasty if you mix vegetable oil with ghee. But you do not need to add much, otherwise the mixture will quickly heat up.
• Putting pies on the pan need only seam down. If you do the opposite, then there is a high probability that the product will disperse.
• Pies are put only in hot oil. If it is not heated enough, it will penetrate the dough, the products will be oiled, too greasy and tasteless.