Sweet, covered with a thin sugar crust candied apricots, even in the harsh winter months, will remind you of the tastes and flavors of summer. But this delicacy has another important advantage: naturalness. Preparing candied apricots at home, you can be sure that they do not contain any additives.
- apricots - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg.
From 1 kg of fruits 250-300 g of dried fruits are obtained.
1. For the preparation of candied fruit, it is necessary to choose slightly immature apricots. Greenish skin tone and firm, elastic flesh will help to accurately determine the suitability of the fruit for boiling and drying. Selected apricots should be thoroughly washed under cool water.
2. When they dry, they should be divided into 2 halves. To the edges of candied fruit turned out more accurate, it is better to use a knife. Apricot stones should be kept, dried, and then stored and used as nuts.
3. In the process of cooking the fruits retain their shape better, they must be blanched beforehand. It is enough to immerse the fruit for 2 minutes. in boiling water and immediately cool in ice water.
4. While the apricots are cooling down, boil the syrup. To do this, sugar must be poured into a basin for boiling candied fruit, pour in 200 ml of water and put on medium heat. The thick mass should be mixed until it becomes transparent and uniform. After 5 minutes after boiling in the syrup should pour apricots.
5. After 2-3 minutes. they noticeably shrivel and shrink. Due to the released fruit juice, the amount of syrup will increase, and all apricots will be fully immersed in it.
6. After boiling, the bowl with the fruits must be removed from the heat and wait until it cools to room temperature. During cooking, remove the foam from the syrup.
7. During the second and third boiling it is necessary to drain the syrup. It is required to bring it to the boil separately, and then pour the apricots and boil for another 5 minutes. Such gentle heat treatment will allow fruit halves to keep their shape and density.
8. After the third cooling, the apricots should be transferred for 2 hours to a colander with a tray.
9. Then they need to be spread out on a tray and put in a dry, hot and well ventilated place. It can be a balcony or window seat on the sunny side.
10. After 2 days, the apricots will need to be turned over. After another 2 days they can be poured from the tray into a glass jar, corked and stored for about 1 year in the closet.