The garnish is intended to adorn the main snack, and this rule applies not only to the appearance, but to the organoleptic qualities of the dishes. Pork chop is easy to prepare and has many variations, with proper preparation it turns out to be soft, always nourishing. This dish is the main thing on the table quite often. It is not picky, but you can spoil it with an unfortunate addition. But the right garnish for pork chop will make it even more desirable. This meat is combined with many products, which gives the chef a lot of room for imagination, but still there are foods that suit her better than others.
There are quite a few side dishes for pork chops. Pick up this dish can be for every taste. The focus is on the list of products and dishes that are best combined with the main meat snack.
- Most people enjoy eating pork chop with mashed potatoes, believing that the best additions to it have not been invented. But then it is desirable to cook mashed potatoes with a minimum addition of fat. A good idea would be to supplement it with a few slices of fresh or pickled vegetables, which will help to better assimilate fatty meats.
- Potatoes prepared in any other way are also able to make a harmonious pair for a pork chop.
- Pork chop goes well with steamed vegetables. Stewed cabbage is considered to be the best option, especially if fermented vegetable is used to make it. But vegetable stew, having any composition, is also well suited.
- Proponents of a healthy diet are convinced that there is no better side dish for pork chop than vegetable slices or light salad from fresh vegetables. One of the main ingredients of such salads is often cabbage, fresh or fermented. It is a good idea to supplement such a salad with fruits - their sweet and sour taste will well set off the taste of pork.
- Crumbly cereals are considered a suitable side dish for pork, including chop from it. Most often, buckwheat porridge or rice is prepared for this snack. When serving at the table, it is recommended to pour porridge with sauce, although this requirement is not mandatory.
- It is considered possible to serve pork chop green beans and green peas, but they can make lunch or dinner even more difficult for the stomach.
- Macaroni can also be served with pork chop, but this option is considered not the most successful.
When choosing a recipe for food, which should be a side dish for pork chop, you need to focus on the above list of products combined with this meat dish. Then the guests and households will certainly not be disappointed.
Mashed potatoes for pork chop
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes. Coarsely chop it, put it in a saucepan, cover with water.
- When the water in the pot boils, remove any froth that has protruded on the surface. Salt the water. Reduce the intensity of the flame. Boil the potatoes until soft.
- Flip the potatoes into a colander, put in a bowl, mash until soft.
- Pour milk into a dipper, put pieces of butter into it.
- Heat the milk over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Pour milk over potatoes. Stir in the mashed potatoes and whisk in a blender.
According to this recipe, mashed potatoes are not too fat, so they are well suited to pork chops. When serving, it can be poured over with a sauce, then the dish will come out even more pleasant to the taste.
Braised sauerkraut to pork chop
- sauerkraut - 1 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- tomato paste - 20 ml;
- sugar - 10-20 g;
- hops-suneli - 5 g;
- salt - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- water - 0, 25 l.
- Put sauerkraut in a colander and rinse under running water to rid it of excess acid and salt. Press it to remove excess liquid. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Drain it with a napkin and chop on a grater with large holes.
- Free the onions from the peel, cut it into small cubes.
- Remove seeds from pepper, cut it into small-sized straws.
- Heat 40 ml of oil in a pan, put onions and carrots in it. Fry them until the onions are golden in color.
- Add pepper and tomato paste. Stew the vegetables until the tomato paste turns dark.
- Lubricate the bottom of the cauldron or thick-walled pot with the remaining oil. Put the cabbage in this dish. Sprinkle it with spices, sugar and, if necessary, salt. Pour in a glass of water.
- Place a container of cabbage on the stove. Wait for the liquid to boil.
- Add the vegetable fry, mix.
- Cover the cauldron (or pot) with a lid. Simmer the cabbage over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
They like stewed sauerkraut as a side dish with pork chop in Germany. You can also submit a mixed side dish of cabbage and mashed potatoes, as was often the case in Soviet canteens.
Buckwheat porridge to pork chop in a slow cooker
- buckwheat - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- salt, hops-suneli, fresh greens - to taste.
- Go through the buckwheat, removing all the excess. Rinse the grits to keep the water flowing out of it clean.
- Put buckwheat in a multicooker bowl, sprinkle it with salt and spices, cover with water.
- Lower the multicooker lid. Activate a program designed for cooking cereals. In different models of multicookers, it is called differently. Most often you can find the names “Buckwheat”, “Rice”, “Pilaf”, “Porridge”. If your unit does not know how to determine the cooking time, set the timer to 40 minutes.
- Finely chop the previously washed and dried greens with a knife.
- Pour it over to buckwheat, mix.
- Leave the porridge for 20 minutes in the heating mode, after which you can invite the household to the table.
While porridge is being cooked and pork chops are roasting, you can have time to make gravy - with it the side dish will turn out to be more juicy and even more suitable for roast pork.
Rice with vegetables to pork chop
- rice - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- frozen vegetable mix (Hawaiian) - 0, 2-0, 25 kg;
- curry seasoning - 2-3 g;
- salt - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Rice, sorting through, rinse until clear water, put in a saucepan.
- Fill with hot water, add salt, add curry seasoning. Put the saucepan on the rice on a slow fire and boil it until there is almost no liquid left in it.
- While the rice is being cooked, fry the vegetables. To do this, heat the oil in a pan. Pour the vegetables into the pan without thawing. Wait until they are thawed, and fry until done, sometimes stirring with a spatula.
- Place fried rice over rice and mix.
- Remove the pot of rice from the heat, wrap, wait 15-20 minutes. During this time, rice will evaporate even more and become tastier and more tender.
Curry seasoning gives rice not only an appetizing color, but also a pleasant sourish flavor that harmonizes well with the taste of pork chop. It can be added to other dishes, if they are to become an addition to pork.
Cabbage salad to pork chop
- fresh cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- apple - 150 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- green onions - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash a head of cabbage, remove the top leaves from it, cut the stalk. Finely chop a piece of the head of the desired size with a sharp knife or using a special grater.
- Peel the carrot, rub it large.
- Cut the core of the apple. Cut the fruit pulp into strips, sprinkle with lemon juice (5 ml will be enough for this).
- Put cabbage, carrots and apples into a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice, salt, sugar and vegetable oil separately.
- Season the vegetable salad with the resulting sauce.
The fresh taste of this cabbage salad will advantageously emphasize the organoleptic qualities of pork chop.
Pork chop is one of the most popular hot appetizers. Her taste can be made even more pleasant if you choose the right side dish for her.