You can tell a lot of good things about the liver, how it is useful, nourishing, accessible.
But it’s still very tasty and cooks fast!
Especially if you fry it.
Cooking does not take more than half an hour and will surely please with taste.
But how best to fry the liver in a skillet and with what?
How to Roast a Liver - General Principles
A good liver has a dark color and luster. If the product is matte, light, with a lee crust, then it is better not to use it. Before cooking, all films are removed from the surface. Beef and pork liver cut into plates, cubes or cubes. Liver chicken and other birds simply cut into slices of arbitrary shape.
You can fry the product in oil or on the grill. Often used breading, batter, complement the dishes with vegetables and sauces. It must be remembered that the product does not like prolonged heat treatment and can only become tougher. Therefore, the active cooking time should not exceed 20 minutes, and if frying is done in small pieces, even less.
Combines the liver with any side dishes: vegetables, cereals, beans, pasta. It harmonizes with greens, spices, various sauces, including dairy.
How to fry the liver with sour cream
One of the most popular combinations is liver and sour cream. The by-product is tender, juicy, has a pleasant taste. But how to fry the liver in a pan with sour cream?
• 0.5 kg of the liver;
• 4 spoons of butter;
• 200 grams of sour cream;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• onion head.
1. Put spices in the flour. In addition to salt, you can add pepper, seasonings for meat, you can take for chicken or any other mixtures.
2. Slice the liver into centimeters, roll in flour with spices and spread on a frying pan with hot oil.
3. Fry from two sides, remove from the pan.
4. Cut the onion into small rings and breaded in flour. Fry after the liver. If the oil is low, then you can add more.
5. Connect the liver with onions, then you can cook the dish both in the pan and in a small saucepan.
6. Put the chopped garlic clove into the sour cream, stir and spread to the liver. 7. Cover and bring to readiness on a small fire, the process will take about 10 minutes.
How to fry the liver in a pan in a batter
This dish is for those who love an appetizing and toasted crust. At the same time inside the pieces remain juicy and soft. But before frying the liver in a frying pan in this way, you need to thoroughly clean the product from all films.
• 2 eggs;
• 0.4 kg liver;
• 10 tablespoons of flour;
• red or black pepper.
1. Cut the peppers into slices half a centimeter thick, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Whip in a bowl with a whisk or just a fork two eggs, you can salt a little, but not necessary.
3. In another bowl pour flour.
4. Pour oil into the pan, set on fire.
5. Take a piece of the liver and dip it in flour, then in the egg. Now again in flour and egg. Can be repeated several times.
6. Fry until tender from both sides. The fire is not big do the liver had time to fry inside.
How and how much to fry the liver in oil
One of the fastest ways to prepare a product is to fry it in strips in oil. At the same time, no vegetables are added to the dish. But, how and how much does the liver fry in a skillet in this way?
• 300 grams of liver;
• vegetable oil.
1. Before frying the liver, it must be cleaned of films and it is advisable to put it in the freezer for a while. It will harden and be much easier to chop.
2. Cut the slices into strips up to 0.5 cm thick.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet, put the liver straw and fry for a minute, stir.
4. Sprinkle with salt and spices, cover and fry for another two minutes under the lid.
5. Open and fry until done. But how much to fry the liver in time? The whole process will not take more than 8-10 minutes. If the product is overexposed, it will become dry and tough.
How to Roast Beef Liver with Onions
Beef liver is a valuable by-product, the benefits of which have already been discussed a lot. It must be introduced into the diet and cook as often as possible. The easiest way to fry beef liver is in a skillet with onions.
• 0.4 kg liver;
• some flour; • 2 bulbs;
• salt pepper;
• 40 ml of oil;
1. Cut off the films and washed beef liver, cut into plates of 5 millimeters.
2. Onions need to be peeled, cut into rings or half rings, not thin.
3. Pour oil into the pan, set on fire.
4. Dip the liver pieces in flour from all sides, lay them evenly in the pan.
5. Top with onion, cover and fry for about 5 minutes under the lid on medium heat.
6. Open, turn the pieces of the liver, salt the contents of the pan, pepper and bring to readiness. Onions should also be fried.
7. Sprinkle with greens.
How to Roast Chicken Liver with Mayonnaise
Chicken liver is much softer and softer than the by-product of large animals. It prepares much faster in time, does not have a large number of films, is not so capricious in processing. But how to fry chicken liver in a skillet with mayonnaise?
• 800 grams of liver;
• 1 onion head (you can add more for an amateur);
• 2 carrots;
• 1 half spoonful of flour;
• 150 grams of mayonnaise;
• about 4 spoons of butter.
1. If the liver is frozen, then let the product thaw. Well washed under the tap. Then with a sharp knife cut off the visible film and remove the wires. Cut into cousc glasses of 3-4 centimeters, no need to crush.
2. The onion needs to be peeled, cut. Can be diced or straws.
3. Carrots are also clean, rubbed into a large straw.
4. Fry shredded onions in a skillet.
5. As soon as it becomes transparent, add the carrot. Fry until golden brown.
6. Add flour, fry for a few seconds and lay the previously prepared pieces of liver, fry under the lid for 5 minutes.
7. Add mayonnaise, salt and any other spices, stir and cook under the lid for about five minutes.
8. The finished dish can be seasoned with garlic and greens. Add bay leaf and any spices to your taste.
How to Roast Liver with Tomatoes and Wine
With tomatoes, you can fry any liver: chicken, beef or pork. But you need to know that the acid contained in tomatoes can make the product harder. To avoid this, you need to know how to prepare the liver correctly.
• 500 grams of liver; • 100 ml of white wine;
• 2 tomatoes;
• vegetable oil;
• 1 onion;
• 2 spoons of wheat flour;
• garlic and herbs to your taste.
1. We cut the washed liver into cubes of three centimeters, it can be slightly larger, but not smaller. Do not forget to remove the film and all unnecessary.
2. Cut the onion into medium-sized cubes.
3. Pour into the pan about 50 ml of oil, send to the stove.
4. Add onions, fry for a minute.
5. Add pieces of liver that need to roll in flour and fry for about five minutes. You can simply pour the flour into pieces and mix with your hands.
6. Cut the tomatoes into cubes, the skin does not need to be removed. Sent to the liver, fry for another minute.
7. Add to the pan any spices at its discretion.
8. Pour in the wine and prepare the dish until the liquid is completely evaporated. Stir periodically.
9. At the end put the chopped greens, you can add a slice of chopped garlic and immediately turn off the fire.
How to Roast a Liver - Tips and Tricks
• Pork liver has a specific bitterness, so it is recommended to soak the product in milk before cooking.
• If the liver is still dry and hard, then you do not need to be very upset. You can twist the pieces in a meat grinder, combine with vegetables, cabbage or mashed potatoes and then use as a filling for pies, pancakes.
• Milk that remains after soaking the liver cannot be used for the sauce. It is no longer suitable and will give the dish an unpleasant taste.
• If there is no sour cream, then the liver can be cooked with cream. With them, it turns out the same juicy and soft.
• The liver itself is fairly slippery and the pieces rarely have a perfect shape. Therefore, it may be difficult to cut. To get a neat straw, the same thickness of the plate or even cubes, it is recommended to hold the product in the freezer until it hardens easily.