The relationship to the liver was ambiguous at different times. That science considered it harmful and dangerous, then the liver was named a very valuable product.
People consume the liver of domestic animals, birds and fish.
1. Liver of animals: beef (cows) and pork (pigs).
2. Liver of birds: chicken, goose, duck, turkey.
3. Liver fish: mainly cod
- burbot, navaga, cod and other species.
Once this delicacy was a rarity among citizens. Now this product has become more affordable on the holiday table. From it receive fish oil, which is so useful for children.
Cod liver is rich in vitamins and trace elements. One serving of a dish made from the liver supplies the body with normal vitamins for a week or more. The amino acid Omega-3 is most valuable for humans.
Cod liver is recommended for people with heart disease, anemia, gallstone and urolithiasis. Fish liver contributes to the preservation of vision, hair, teeth, skin, brain in normal condition. Drinkers and smokers maintain their own liver. In canned cod liver-613kcal / 100g product. Cod liver is used to make sandwiches, salads, stuffed tomatoes, etc.
Liver of animals and birds
The liver contains 70-75% water, 17-20% protein, 2-5% fat. It contains a lot of iron, copper, amino acids, vitamins and ascorbic acid. The one who at least once a week consumes dishes from the liver is well absorbed calcium, which is necessary for bone tissue. Vitamins contained in the liver protect the body against osteoporosis, heart attack, supports its own liver from the effects of overeating, smoking, and alcohol. The benefits of this product are different animals and birds:
1. Chicken liver-contains the daily rate of iron for the body. Also helps the formation of red blood cells. Improves the functioning of the thyroid gland.
2. Duck and goose-reduce cholesterol in the vessels and prevent heart attacks.
3. Turkey - shown to those who are on a diet to reduce weight.
4. Beef liver - has a high content of vitamins A and B, important trace elements. Available chromium and heparin contribute to blood clotting. The liver is shown in kidney disease. And folic acid in the liver gives strength to the body and boosts immunity. 5. Pork liver is similar in composition to beef, it is useful to use for smokers, it contains potassium, calcium and sodium.
6. Incredibly useful is cod liver, it contains fats, acids, proteins, vitamins A, E, D and folic acid. It gives strength to the legs, strengthens eyesight and gives elasticity to the skin.
5. The most expensive liver in cooking is foie gras. It is obtained from domestic ducks and geese, preventing them from moving. In such conditions, the liver becomes 10 times larger and unusually tender.
Harmful properties of the liver
Along with the enormous benefits of the liver for the human body, it is not recommended for older people. The fact is that the liver is very rich in cholesterol, it contains 100-270mg / 100g of liver in the composition of this product. Elevated cholesterol leads to stroke, heart attack and coronary heart disease.
Liver in Cooking
This product can be consumed in a dietary diet — it contains only 3% fat, but 18% protein. When processing any liver, large blood vessels, gall bladder ducts and lymph nodes should be removed from it. To remove the film, you need to rub them with lemon juice or salt. Raw liver tastes bitter, therefore, just before cooking, it is soaked in milk for about 20 minutes to 2 hours. Chicken livers are soaked in cold water to get all the blood out of it.
You can use a completely healthy liver. It can not be people who have increased thyroid function or allergy to this by-product. It is advisable to prepare a dish of the liver no more than once a week, in order to avoid an excess of vitamins in the body.
Cooking liver cutlets is similar to meat cutlet recipes. They also taste like meat, but juicier and more tender. Better and easier for meatballs fit chicken liver, there are no streaks. To prepare the stuffing suitable liver of any animal, not even very young. Buckwheat, brand, rice, crackers, roasted carrots are added to minced meat.
Secrets of cooking fluffy liver cutlets
Stuffing for such patties should not be liquid. To do this, crumb bread moistened in milk is added to the milled liver. Bread will absorb some of the moisture in itself and make the meat more thick and plump.
You can add small oatmeal to the stuffing. They slightly swell and the burgers will become even more magnificent and tender. After frying, pour some water into the pan, cover the cutlets with a lid and stew for 3-4 minutes. They become even more tender under steam.
Lush liver patties with oatmeal
To make such cutlets you will need the following products:
350-400g chicken or beef liver;
-250g stale bread;
-2 tablespoons of fine oatmeal;
-1 glass of milk;
salt and pepper to taste;
1. From crusty bread, cut off the crusts and pour milk in a deep bowl for 10 minutes to swell. Liver wash and dry.
2. Grind the liver in a combine or blender.
3. Cut the onion into 4 parts and put in the mince, there is also an egg, salt, pepper. Smash everything again with a blender.
4. Squeeze the bread and add, as well as small oatmeal-knead. Leave on the table for 15 minutes so that the oatmeal swells. If the flakes are large, then give more time for swelling.
5. Preheat a frying pan and in a vegetable oil with a spoon to impose a cutlet mass. Brown the cutlets on medium heat until crispy crust 3-4 minutes, then turn and fry.
6. When the cutlets are fried, pour some water into the pan, close the lid. Put down another 3-4 minutes.
Serve with sour cream.
Liver patties with potatoes
Potato starch will make burgers tender and will not let them fall apart.
For cooking lush liver cutlets with potatoes, you will need:
-300g beef liver;
-2 medium potatoes;
salt and pepper to taste;
cooking oil for cooking Preparation:
1. Wash and dry the liver with paper towels.
2. Cut an onion into 4 parts and grind in a meat grinder together with a liver.
3. Potatoes-on a fine grater and quickly mix with minced meat, because it's getting dark.
4. Add salt and pepper to the minced meat.
5. Spread cutlet mass on a hot frying pan with a spoon and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Add some water and simmer for 3-4 minutes under a lid.
Fluffy liver patties with semolina
Manco used in many powders and breading. It is a neutral product in minced meat; it does not interrupt the taste of the main course. Because it is often used as a sorbent, it takes away excess moisture.
Composition of products: -250g any liver;
-2 tablespoons of semolina;
salt and pepper to taste;
1. Kill the liver in a combine or blender.
2. Stir in the egg, semolina, pepper, salt and mince. Let it stand for 20-25 minutes on the table.
3. To fry, as usual, 3-4 minutes on each side.
4. Drain from 100 g of water under a lid for 3-4 minutes.
Lush liver patties with mushrooms and carrots
Cutlets with carrots turn out bright, and mushrooms fill them with a delicate aroma.
- 400g of liver;
-1 tablespoon of semolina;
salt and pepper to taste;
1. Mushrooms crumble very finely at 0.5 cm and fry so that they “give up the water”.
2. Chop the onion finely.
3. Grate carrots on a fine grater.
4. Add onions and carrots to mushrooms, lightly fry.
5. Grind the liver.
6. Mix minced meat with roasting.
7. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side.
8. To dull down 4 minutes.
Lush liver patties with crispy
The composition of these meatballs will also be meat. This will dilute the liver taste of the chops.
-300g of minced liver;
-200g of minced pork;
-1 cup cornmeal;
-1 clove of garlic;
- salt, pepper to taste;
1. Mix two mince together.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornmeal and egg in the mince.
3. Finely chop the onion and grate the garlic.
4. Mix onion and garlic with minced meat.
5. Roll the cutlets in corn breading and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Drain under the lid.
7. Put the patties on a paper towel to remove fat.