Chocolate cookies - general principles and methods of cooking
Chocolate cookies are always a holiday! Bright, tender and incredibly tasty! There is a thousand and one recipes for making this delicacy - from the simplest without baking to the most intricate. You can also choose the form for home-made chocolate chip cookies: they can be funny bears, passionate hearts or mysterious stars. The list of ingredients for chocolate chip cookies is very long, but one rule remains the same - it is always prepared on the basis of cocoa powder or natural dark chocolate.
Chocolate Cookies - Food Preparation
Since there are an unimaginable amount of chocolate cookie recipes, as well as methods of its preparation, then the preparation of products must be carried out according to the corresponding recipe. Most of them include wheat flour of the highest grade. Before you start a soft cookie dough, it is necessary to sift it, in order to saturate it with oxygen. Such manipulation is extremely important in the confectionery craft. Thanks to it, any product will acquire a brighter taste.
Chocolate Cookies - The Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Bounty Chocolate Cookies
Bounty - heavenly delight! Surely everyone heard such a common expression. Bounty is not only heavenly, but also a very expensive pleasure. Cookies that are very similar to the taste of the famous chocolate will cost you much cheaper. Little sweet tooth will surely be satisfied. Another advantage of cookies is that it is cooked quickly (except for freezing) and does not need baking.
- one glass of sugar
- half a glass of water (it can be a little bit smaller)
- a teaspoon of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- one glass of coconut milk - one glass of coconut shavings
- one glass of cream (the fatter the better)
- 300 gr. dark chocolate sweet
- one tea l. instant coffee
1. Make the bottom layer - coconut. Pour water into a saucepan, add sugar, a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and add milk (coconut), vanillin. Cook for about five minutes. Next, throw coconut chips and cook, stirring for about ten minutes. The resulting mass is poured into a mold with a diameter of about 25-30 cm, cooled and removed in the cold (preferably in the freezer) for 3-4 hours.
2. Make a chocolate layer. Cream pour into the saucepan. Bring them to a boil, then add some chocolate and instant coffee. Mix until smooth and turn off the stove. Cool the mixture at room temperature.
3. We take out the coconut base from the refrigerator, it should cool down and solidify. On top of the first (coconut) layer pour in the cooled creamy chocolate mass. We put in the fridge for another couple of hours. Then we get and cut into portions. To prevent the biscuit from breaking up during cutting, it is necessary to cut it with a hot knife. You can heat the knife, for example, with boiling water.
Recipe 2: Chocolate Cookies “Kiss of Juliet”
“Juliet's Kiss” is a dessert of Italian cuisine, which is a chocolate cookie with almonds and a fragrant, delicate filling, gluing two half-round halves.
Ingredients (for 33-36 pieces):
- 200 gr. soft butter
- about half a cup of powdered sugar
- a small pinch of salt
- one tsp vanilla
- two glasses of flour
- one third cup of cocoa powder
- half a cup of minced roasted almonds
For the filling:
- 50-70 gr. dark chocolate
- two art. spoons of melted butter
- one third cup roasted ground almonds
Note: It is better to bake the crushed almonds in the oven at 180 ° C, spreading it on a baking sheet, about 6-7 minutes, until a specific almond flavor appears. Cooking Method:
1. Thawed butter, beat with sugar to light air mass. Add vanilla, salt, mix well. Next, add flour, almonds and cocoa. We get a soft dough. We remove in the refrigerator for fifteen or thirty minutes.
2. We take out the dough and form small balls of it (with a diameter of not more than 3 cm). We spread on a greased baking sheet, slightly press down and bake the balls for about ten minutes at 160-180C.
3. Prepare the filling. Melted butter with chocolate on the stove (on very low heat). The melted mixture is mixed with almonds. Fasten two balls with flat sides using a sticky filling, spread on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cookies are ready!
Recipe 3: Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this type of cookies we will prepare shortbread dough. Since the chocolate color is difficult to determine the readiness of the dish on the eye, we will check it with a toothpick. If it is dry and clean, the cookie is ready.
- 200 gr. Sahara
- 60 gr. cocoa powder
- 300 gr. wheat flour
- three table. l starch
- half tea l. salt
- 250 gr. softened butter
- one and a half tsp of vanilla
- two tablespoons of instant coffee
- 80 gr. white chocolate
- one teaspoon butter
1. Immediately heat the oven to 160C. Soft butter, beat with sugar, coffee, cocoa, vanilla, salt. Add flour mixed with starch and make dough.
2. With the help of molds (or manually) form cookies. Put it on a baking sheet and bake until done, which we check with a toothpick.
3. Prepare the icing. To do this, melt the white chocolate in a water bath with butter. Finished biscuits grease with glaze and remove it in the cold before the icing frosting.
Recipe 4: Chocolate Cookies with Condensed Milk
Any biscuits based on condensed milk and chocolate are by definition exquisite. There are countless recipes for such cookies. We offer you one of them - very simple, but able to adequately decorate a festive and everyday table. It is prepared without the addition of wheat flour. Ingredients:
- three egg whites
- one tablespoon of fine sugar
- ground almonds 100 gr.
- 150 gr. powdered sugar
- two tsp vanilla
- 100 gr. boiled condensed milk
- sweet dark chocolate bar
- one table. l butter
1. Protein whip with sugar in a lush foam. Carefully add ground almonds, powder, vanillin. All mix. Using a pastry bag, squeeze the “dough” directly onto the greased baking sheet with small cakes.
2. Bake cookies until cooked in an oven heated to 100C. Let's make the icing. To do this, melt chocolate in a water bath along with butter. Slightly cool.
3. Now we grease one biscuit with boiled condensed milk and cover it with the second one, fastening them together. We do this with all products. Next, envelop the cookies with chocolate icing and put them in the fridge until freezing.
Chocolate Cookies - useful tips from experienced chefs
- If eggs and butter are present in the chocolate cookie recipe, they must be preheated to room temperature;
- In some recipes for chocolate chip cookies, a pastry bag is indispensable. But remember that you can squeeze through it only smooth dough without adding large "foreign" particles from other ingredients (nuts, raisins and other dense particles).