Chocolate cake - general principles and methods of cooking
Cake is the king of any solemn program! What holiday does without this confectionery miracle? Both kids and adults love him, and even his pets are not averse to feasting on a piece-other (yes, this is absolutely true). The holiday, especially arranged for children, without a cake is boring, dry and dull.
In the national cuisine of each state you can find hundreds of recipes for making cakes. And they all are full of diversity. Needless to say that there are more than a dozen baking recipes and chocolate. Muffins, cookies, chocolate cakes, gingerbread cookies and, of course, the nail of our article is chocolate cakes.
There are many variations of cooking chocolate cakes. Moreover, there are so many recipes that even the most malignant sweet tooth will not have enough life to try them all. As a rule, in the process of making chocolate cakes, natural dark chocolate (or cocoa) is used, which is added to the dough and to the glaze cream.
Chocolate Cake - Food Preparation
Perhaps one chocolate or cocoa will not be enough for us to make a cake. It's no secret that the foundation of any baking is top-grade flour (at least in most cases). But before starting work it is necessary to sift it. Other equally important components of almost any pastry include eggs, butter, which should be whipped only in ceramic, porcelain and enamelled dishes, and sugar. As for the other ingredients for the dough and cream - it all depends on the specific recipe.
Chocolate Cake - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Mocha Chocolate Cake
At the exit you get a wonderful, fragrant, appetizing and just beautiful coffee-chocolate cake, which will ask in a plate. It is done fairly quickly. Cooking dough also does not take much of your time. The only condition is to make the dough and bake the cake in advance, so that it “lies down” for several hours (about 12) before soaking. Ingredients:
For the test:
- half a cup of cocoa
- 70 gr. hot milk
- three eggs
- a little more glass of flour
- Three starch st. spoons
- 18 gr. baking powder
- soft plums. oil 150 gr.
- a glass of sugar
- dark chocolate 100 gr.
- vanilla to taste
- a pinch of salt
- butter 200 gr.
- a jar of boiled condensed milk
- cocoa three table. spoons
To soak the cakes:
- ground coffee 1 s. spoon with a slide
- 150 ml of boiling water
- granulated sugar 2 tbsp. spoons
- two or three art. l coffee liqueur
1. Mix cocoa with hot milk, add some sugar and a pinch of salt. Butter mix with chocolate (melted), whisk and mix with cocoa milkshake. Whisk. Beat eggs with sugar, mix with flour, starch, baking powder and vanilla. All thoroughly whip to a thick homogeneous mass. The dough should not be too thick and not too liquid (like fritters).
2. We warm the oven (200 degrees). Lubricate the form, pour out the dough and bake for 30 minutes at 200 grams. temperature, then reduce the heat to 170 degrees and simmer for another 15 minutes. After that, leave the cake in the form for 15 minutes, then lay out and leave for several hours alone.
3. After several hours, cut the crust from the sides and cut the cake across into three equal parts. Next, make coffee, add sugar, liqueur, and soak cakes with a drink.
4. Beat the butter, cocoa and condensed milk (together). We have prepared the cream. We begin to fold the cake, laying each cake on top of each other and richly lubricating each cake with cream. The remains of the cream is spread over the entire surface of the cake. Top dessert can be decorated at your discretion. Before serving, remove it for 4-12 hours in the refrigerator. That's all!
Recipe 2: Sacher Chocolate Cake
With this recipe, the Austrian pastry chef Franz Zacher added the “world” culinary book. The product is a traditional Viennese dessert and is considered one of the most popular in the world.
Ingredients: - 150 gr. dark chocolate for cake layers
- 200 gr. dark chocolate for icing
- 120 gr. drain oils
- half a cup of granulated sugar
- a glass of flour
- six eggs
- a glass of powdered sugar
- a tablespoon of baking powder
- fruit puree (peach or apricot)
- lemon juice
- boiling water 8 tea l.
1. Prepare the dough: melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath. Beat it with butter and sugar. Separate gently yolks from proteins. Add the yolks one by one to the chocolate mixture and beat well. With powdered sugar, beat the proteins, which together with the baking powder add to the chocolate mixture. Stir. Then we fall asleep, stirring the flour.
2. Cooking cakes: preheat the oven (160-180 grams). Lubricate the form and lay out the dough. Sent in the oven, bake 50 minutes. Readiness can be checked with a match or a toothpick - it must be clean.
3. Making the cake: cut the finished cooled cake across in two. We well coat one of the halves with mashed potatoes (jam, jam) and cover the other. In order to make the glaze, we melt the chocolate and whip it with powdered sugar, butter (2 tablespoons) and add a few drops of lemon juice and boiling water to the mixture (8 teaspoons). All whisk until smooth. The cream is ready. Next, we cover the cake with warm glaze from all sides and send it in the cold for a couple of hours.
Recipe 3: Chocolate cake with nuts
It is terrible to even think how many calories the body receives with each piece of cake, and even with nuts. But sometimes you can arrange a holiday for yourself or just to cheer up and feast on a wonderful chocolate cake with walnuts. Well ... let's get started?
- Peeled nuts (walnuts) 300 gr.
- sugar 300 gr.
- egg whites from 8 eggs
- two table. l flour
- dark chocolate 200 gr. (for the test)
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 100 gr. dark chocolate (for cream)
- mandarin slices for decoration
1. Prepare the dough: Fry the walnuts in a pan, cool and finely chop. Squirrels are whipped with a pinch of salt, gradually pouring sugar and flour into the mass. We continue to beat. When the mass turns into a beautiful lush foam, add nuts to it and beat a little more to a thick consistency. 2. Bake cakes: spread the parchment on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle flour on the bottom and pour a thin layer of dough into it. Bake the cake, then the rest (each for 6-7 minutes in a pre-heated to 230-250 degrees oven). Thus, we should have 5-6 cakes.
3. Make a cream and fold the cake: three chocolate grated. In a separate bowl, whip the cream and add the chocolate there. Stir. Cakecakes alternately fold each other and grease each with plenty of cream. On top of the cake, carefully lay out the tangerines and pour all the remaining cream. Cake in the cold for two or three hours, then get out and enjoy.
Chocolate Cake - tips from experienced chefs
- If in the process of making cream you use cream, then pour chocolate and sugar into them when they are almost whipped;
- If the recipe ingredients need to be mixed carefully, then for this case, use a plastic spatula with a flexible handle;
- You can not put cakes in a very hot oven, otherwise you risk getting a cracker with a raw middle at the exit. It is best to preheat the oven, but do not overheat too much;
- To make the cake easily come off the form, first moisten the towel in ice water and put a cake on it with the cake for a couple of minutes;
- Any cake gets the most pleasant taste, if it is kept in the cold for at least 12 hours before serving.