Kebab marinated in vinegar with onions is one of the most common cooking options for this dish.
There are a lot of other marinades, but vinegar with onions is always popular due to its simplicity, as well as excellent results.
A shish kebab on such a marinade has a pleasant, sour taste that is familiar to everyone, fragrant, tender, and onions add additional flavor notes.
General principles of cooking kebabs in vinegar and onion marinade
For this dish will suit various types of meat. This is both traditional for Caucasian shashlyk lamb, and adapted Russian version - pork. Beef, poultry, rabbits and even liver can also be cooked in the form of kebabs in vinegar and onion marinade.
The main condition for choosing meat is that it should not be too lean. If there is practically no fat in the meat, the vinegar will dry it and make it very tough.
For marinating using vinegar, it is permissible to take harsh meat. Of course, this should not be the hard parts of an old animal, but beef, for example, is not very soft, after such preparation will be pretty good.
Vinegar can be used as an essence or 9%. In the first embodiment, you need to be extremely careful. When adding vinegar to meat, it is advisable to dilute it with water. It is especially necessary to be careful when handling the vinegar essence in terms of personal safety. Acetic acid is a rather caustic substance, so if it comes in contact with the skin, rinse it well with water. Do not allow the penetration of acid into the digestive tract, do not taste it.
Onions for marinade used white or red. You can grind it in a grater, in a blender, finely chop and add as part of the sauce. And another option is possible - cut into large rings and, after marinating, fry on coals with the meat.
In addition to vinegar and onions, for such a marinade use other seasonings and spices. This is, first of all, black ground pepper. Also in the marinade you can add allspice, red pepper, bay leaf, coriander, seeds and dill, basil. The method of cooking kebabs is simple: meat is cut into small pieces, the marinade is prepared from diluted vinegar, salt, spices, onion, and mixed thoroughly.
Meat in the marinade is desirable to stand at least two hours, longer. At the same time it is necessary to ensure that the meat does not dry out, especially if the mixture is too acidic. For softness, you can add a little sugar.
Such a kebab is fried on coals, strung on skewers, or on a special grid.
The finished dish is served with fresh or pickled vegetables such as onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, and fresh white bread.
A simple recipe for cooking pork shish kebab in vinegar and onion marinade
This method can be used when there is not very much time before cooking, and the products are the simplest. The main thing - the meat should be with a light fat. Ideal in this case is the pork neck. The ribs will do.
- Kilogram of pork
- Tablespoon of Acetic Essence
- A pair of large bulbs
- Ground black pepper
- A pinch is two salts.
- The meat is cut into large, regular-shaped pieces, about the size of about two matchboxes.
- Chop onion with rings or half rings.
- Salt the onions, slightly knead, to make the juice stand out.
- Dilute a spoonful of vinegar with two to three tablespoons of cold water.
- Pour the acetic acid into the onion, add the pepper and immerse the prepared pork in this marinade.
- Mix well, if there is no liquid at all, pour in a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Cover up, leave for an hour.
- Check the meat for salt, acid, if necessary add the missing ingredients.
- Allow to stand still and fry on coals without fire along with onions.
- Serve hot with vegetables, hot spices.
Caucasian motifs: marinade for lamb kebab on vinegar and onion
Traditionally, in the Caucasus, kebabs are made from lamb. It is necessary to take young meat with fat. The various parts will fit except, perhaps, the lower part of the legs, where many have lived. Spices can be selected to taste, but more traditional is a slightly spicy kebab with aromas of allspice and coriander. Ingredients
- Kilo and a half of young mutton
- Half a kilogram of onions
- Tablespoon of salt
- A tablespoon or a little more vinegar
- A pinch of black pepper, a little red ground pepper
- Coriander Seeds
- Dry or fresh basil to taste
- A spoon of vegetable oil any.
- Cut the lamb is not small, but not too large.
- Salt, pepper, mix.
- Add thinly sliced onions to the meat - preferably half rings.
- Dilute the vinegar in a glass of water.
- Pour half of the diluted vinegar into the meat, let stand for about half an hour.
- Try to taste the marinade neatly. If the acid is very light, adjust the rest of the vinegar solution. Pour in basil and coriander seeds.
- Add a spoonful of butter and mix well.
- Cover and leave until the required time.
- Fry on skewers or a lattice, serve with adzhika and plenty of greens, fresh vegetables.
Tender ribs in a vinegar-kebab sauce-marinade
Whole pieces of pulp as barbecue some prefer ribs. Chopped bones with meat and fat are beautifully baked on the fire, and with a suitable marinade they become an exquisite dish. Ribs can take lamb or pork. Be sure to have fat and not too respectable age of the animal.
- 1.2 kg of lamb or pork ribs
- 3 large onions
- Partial tablespoon of salt
- A tablespoon of honey
- Tablespoon mustard
- A teaspoon of vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Red Ground Pepper
- At the request of a pinch of cinnamon.
- Chop the ribs into small pieces, trying to avoid splinters. Wash well, dry.
- Prepare marinade-sauce. Chop the onions for this as carefully as possible - using a meat grinder, fine grater, blender.
- Add salt, honey, mustard, black pepper and red to taste to onions. You can use cinnamon, but it will add a certain spicy flavor.
- Pour in vinegar, mix, dilute with water so that the sauce is not too thick.
- In the finished marinade, immerse the ribs, mix well, leave for an hour.
- After an hour, stir again so that all the pieces of meat are filled with marinade. Let it stand still.
- Fry on the wire rack, slightly shaking off the marinade.
Chicken thigh skewers in vinegar-onion-based marinade
Shish kebab in vinegar and onion marinade can also be cooked from chicken. It is simple, very fast and inexpensive. The only wish is not to use chicken breast for this. She in the vinegar marinade comes out dry. Ideal in this case, chicken legs or thighs.
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 1 pound of onion
- 50 ml of vinegar 9%
- Tablespoon without a hill of salt
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- Store seasoning for kebabs
- On request - hot red pepper, fresh or ground
- Chicken egg.
- Chicken thighs wash and dry.
- Prepare a suitable size pot or cup.
- Chop onions as desired - in cubes or half rings. Mix with salt and sugar.
- Put a little onion on the bottom of the dish, then a thick layer of meat, sprinkle with spices, sprinkle it with vinegar abundantly.
- Then again onions, meat, spices, and again vinegar.
- So put all the ingredients. The top layer should be a bow, which must be watered with the remnants of vinegar.
- It is good to press the mass in a saucepan, cover with a plate, put a light pressure.
- Leave to marinate in coolness overnight.
- An hour before frying, you need to mix all the layers well, pouring the stirred chicken egg into the meat.
- The chicken is best roasted on a wire rack.
- Serve with any suitable side dish - potatoes, rice, baked or fresh vegetables.
Marinated beef for vinegar and onion skewers
Acetic marinade - one of the best options for beef kebabs. It will well soften strong fibers, and in order not to overdry meat, you can spice it up with a small portion of vegetable oil. This is done when the beef is not greasy.
- Kilogram of veal or young beef
- Three large onions - can be less as desired
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Two teaspoons of vinegar essence
- A teaspoon of pepper mix
- A tablespoon of any vegetable oil.
- Cut the meat into oblong pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper mixture.
- Shred onion, knead, add to meat.
- Dilute the vinegar in half a glass of water and pour it into the mixture of meat and onion.
- Mix well, pour in a spoonful of butter and mix again.
- Beef must be marinated for about half a day, with veal this time can be reduced by several hours.
- Strung marinated meat on skewers and fry over charcoal with a gentle heat.
- Serve with a suitable sauce and side dish.
Rabbit in vinegar and onion: a marinade option for kebabs
Rabbit meat has a peculiar smell, more characteristic of its wild fellow hare. However, homemade rabbit advise before cooking slightly soak in slightly acetic acid water. And if the kebab from this meat is conceived, then the more vinegar marinade will be to the point. Onions will make the taste more rich.
- One large rabbit bird
- Two large bulbs
- Tablespoon of Acetic Essence
- Tablespoon of olive or sunflower oil
- Bay Leaf
- Five to seven peppers of allspice
- A pair of bay leaves
- Ground black pepper - a couple of pinch
- Tablespoon of salt
- A teaspoon of sugar.
- The carcass of the rabbit should be thoroughly washed and cut into 10-12 pieces.
- Finely chop onions.
- Boil two glasses of water. Put salt, sugar, bay leaf, allspice in the bowl, pour boiling water over it.
- When the brine has cooled to a warm state, add vinegar, oil, black pepper and onion to it.
- Immerse the rabbit pieces in the marinade and leave for at least three hours.
- Stir periodically. Half an hour before cooking, put the rabbit out of the marinade, let it dry.
- Fry on a wire rack, often turning it over.
Marinade from onion and vinegar for liver kebab
Not everyone likes the liver, but its lovers will appreciate the kebab from this by-product. It is advisable to take beef liver, but pork is also suitable. A real delicacy will be a kebab liver of a rabbit or poultry. To marinade with vinegar did not make the dish dry, it is recommended during frying to alternate pieces of liver with lard.
- 1 pound of poultry liver or any other
- 200 grams of fresh lard
- Half a tablespoon of salt
- One large onion
- Black pepper or pepper mixture to taste.
- A teaspoon of vinegar essence.
- Wash the liver well. Pig must soak in water or milk for at least half an hour.
- Cut the liver into small pieces, if it's a bird's liver, leave it whole.
- Salo is also cut into thin sticks.
- Chop onion, salt and pepper, add vinegar, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Grab the pieces of liver and fat with the mixture.
- Leave the pickle for an hour, that's enough. If there is a lot of time ahead, you need to put the liver in the marinade in a sealed container and put it in the cold.
- Stringing pieces of liver and fat on skewers in turn is quite tight so that the liver does not dry out over the coals.
- Fry for 20 minutes, constantly turning.
- Fat can be avoided; its main purpose is to keep the liver juicy. However, it is usually eaten with pleasure too.
- Serve with tomato sauce, basil, parsley.
Secrets and intricacies of cooking marinade for shish kebab from vinegar and onion
- First of all, for a good kebab, you should not be afraid to work with meat - remove the veins, excess fat, inappropriate pieces should be sent to mincemeat. For kebab meat should be perfect - a little fatty, without veins, pieces of regular shape. Hanging lumps will interfere with frying, burn, so this also needs to be cut.
- A spoonful of vegetable oil, added to the kebab, will help all the flavor components better penetrate the meat. And also protects it from excessive drying during frying.
- One of their kebab secrets is the addition of raw eggs to marinating meat just before cooking. The yolk will make the meat more tender, neutralizes the sharpness of the vinegar, and the protein will envelop the pieces and prevent the evaporation of the juice. Egg must be properly razbolt before adding.
- It is advisable to string skewers on vinegar or lay them tightly and fry on light heat, often turning them over.