Almost everyone likes kebabs, but there are people who don’t like to use vinegar or other acidic foods for cooking. In the majority of traditional recipes for marinade for barbecue there are just such ingredients. However, it is still possible to do without such components. This is confirmed by the coffee marinade for kebabs. This marinade is one of the most unusual, but at the same time effective. Do not be afraid that the taste and aroma of coffee will be felt in the finished dish - this will not happen. And your guests, most likely, will not even guess what you marinated meat.
The recipe for coffee marinade is very unusual, it is significantly different from the traditional. Starting marinating meat in it, it is necessary to study the technology in order to take into account all the important points. Otherwise, the kebab may turn out to be tasteless, despite the fact that the coffee marinade itself is one of the most successful.
- To make coffee marinade, you must use natural coffee. Cook it in a saucepan or on the stove. Instant coffee for the preparation of marinade is not suitable.
- You should not brew too strong coffee: if you overdo it, the kebab will have a bitter taste.
- The second important ingredient in coffee marinade is onions. The more juice it gives, the faster the meat will marinate. If you want to fry the skewers as soon as possible, the onions are ground on a grater. If the kebabs are planned only the next day, it is advisable to cut the onions into rings or half rings of a large size. Otherwise, the kebab will have an unpleasant taste.
- Coffee drink before adding it to the meat, you must strain to get rid of coffee grounds.
- Coffee, when they poured meat, should be hot and salty. Additionally, salt is not added.
- You should not send meat under a press, because in this case the salt will draw a lot of liquid from it and the kebab will be dry.
- You should not marinate shish kebab in coffee using an aluminum container. Onion juice in the coffee marinade can react with aluminum, which is why harmful substances are released.
In a coffee marinade, you can prepare any kind of meat for frying on coals. But we must understand that not all recipes that are ideal for pork are good for beef or poultry meat. So it is necessary to select exactly those recipes that are suitable for the meat that you are going to fry.
Coffee marinade for pork kebab
- pork - 2 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- natural ground coffee - 20 g;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- dried basil - 10 g;
- hot red pepper (ground), salt - to taste;
- olive oil - 80 ml.
- Wash, blotted with napkins and chop the meat. The optimal size of the pieces is with two matchboxes laid on top of each other.
- Place the meat in a container in which it will marinate.
- Peel the onions and rub it directly into the meat. For this it is better to use the side of the grater with large holes. If it is inconvenient for you to rub the onion over the meat, you can rub the onion in a bowl, but transferring its contents to the meat, do not forget to pour the onion juice into it.
- Put salt and seasonings in a container with meat. Stir.
- Pour in the oil and mix again.
- Pour coffee in a clean pan or ladle, fill it with hot water. Bring to a boil over low heat. Watch for coffee, as it runs away very quickly.
- As soon as the coffee starts to boil, remove the bucket from the heat. Let the coffee stand for 5 minutes, then strain it.
- Dissolve salt in coffee.
- Pour hot coffee over tightly packed meat.
- After the coffee has cooled, transfer the meat container from the kitchen table to the refrigerator.
Marinating pork in coffee takes only three hours. If the onion is cut into rings and not rubbed, time will have to be doubled.
Coffee marinade for lamb and beef
- beef or mutton - 2 kg;
- dry red wine - 150 ml;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- ground coffee - 20 g;
- salt - to taste;
- mustard (in powder) - 30 g;
- olive oil - 100 ml.
- Prepare the meat by washing it out, dried and cut into 4-5 cm pieces. If you wish, you can beat the beef slightly by placing it in a bag (it is needed so that splashes do not fly).
- Make coffee. 5 minutes after removing it from the fire, add salt and mustard powder to it, mix.
- Free the onions from the husk and cut them into thin half-rings. Remember them a little by hand and put them in a container of meat. Pour in the same oil and mix everything.
- Pour coffee meat. As soon as the marinade has cooled, put the meat in the fridge for 10-12 hours.
Coffee beef is marinated for a long time, but the taste of kebab, which will be the result, is worth it to be patient and wait.
Chicken can also be marinated in coffee. It is based on the main recipe, which includes salty coffee, onions and olive oil. Replaced only spices. Paprika or curry are good for chicken. The cooking time of the chicken in the coffee marinade is quite short. If you are not too lazy to rub the onions, then fry the poultry meat in an hour. If the onion is sliced into rings or half rings, hold the chicken in the marinade for 2 hours.
Coffee marinade for kebabs is not traditional and is not among the most famous, but it is worth it that the hostess brought it to the book of the best recipes.