Cute cauliflower bunches are not so frequent guests in our kitchen as her white sister.
But what delicious and sometimes unexpected recipes invented specifically for her!
And if you get down to business, armed with all modern kitchen equipment, then it will take less time and the dishes can be composed “on the edge” of culinary art.
Cauliflower recipes in a slow cooker - general principles of cooking
• Cauliflower harmonizes perfectly with various ingredients such as mushrooms, meat, vegetables. Meat can be taken in the form of minced meat or sliced. Dishes from cauliflower in a slow cooker are cooked in “Frying”, “Stewing” or “Baking” modes.
• Cauliflower take fresh or frozen. So that the dish does not work out hard, the inflorescences must be kept for a certain time for a couple in a slow cooker or blanched before cooking.
• When choosing a vegetable, pay special attention to its freshness. Inflorescences of long-stored heads of coals, as a rule, are unevenly colored and have dark spots. Cabbage loose and leaves sluggish. It is undesirable to buy such vegetables.
• Before using, head of cabbage is thoroughly washed with a not very strong stream of cold water and immediately divided into florets. Leaves and stalk must be removed, they are not suitable for cooking. Inflorescences are crushed rarely, mostly they are prepared entirely.
Cauliflower in a multivariate: baked cabbage recipe with cheese sauce
• one and a half kilograms of cauliflower;
• three teaspoons of mustard powder;
• 3 small pieces of nutmeg;
• 750 ml of pasteurized milk;
• 200 gr. non-hard hard cheese;
• 45 gr. wheat flour;
• 60 gr. butter or condensed cream.
1. At the head of cab, remove the stalk and all leaflets. Gently cut all the inflorescences with a knife and rinse them well with water. It is undesirable to leave hard stalks.
2. Put the inflorescences in a steam bowl and steamed in a slow cooker for 10 minutes, quickly dry. 3. In a large crumb rub cheese.
4. Start the multicastry in the frying mode and put the butter in the bowl. Give it a full melt.
5. Put the flour in the butter, stir with a whisk and fry immediately, without stopping to mix.
6. When the flour becomes tender brown, add mustard powder, ground nutmeg and 2-3 pinches of black pepper.
7. Quickly stir everything until uniform and in a thin stream enter the milk. Salt the sauce to your taste and boil, stirring, until thick.
8. Then quickly, in small portions, enter the cheese into the sauce, but not all. A handful of cheese shavings set aside. Add necessarily small quantities. A new portion of cheese fall asleep only after complete dissolution of the previously added. Be sure to carefully stir the contents of the bowl.
9. Pour the finished cheese sauce from the multicooker into a separate bowl, and put the dried cauliflower inflorescences into a clean bowl.
10. Pour cheese sauce, sprinkle with the remains of cheese chips and close the lid.
11. Set the timer for 35 minutes and start the multicast on the “Baking” option.
Cauliflower in a Multicooker: Recipe for Braised Cabbage with Pork Ribs
• 700 gr. pork ribs (10 pieces);
• 650 gr. cauliflower inflorescences;
• onion head;
• a spoon of light soy sauce;
• one small carrot;
• one and a half tin of spoon unsalted thick tomato;
• a mixture of ground peppers;
• three tablespoons of water.
1. Put the carrot cut into small cubes or cubes in the brew bowl. Add chopped onion and mix vegetables well.
2. Then, in the bowl with vegetables, place the well-washed rib chops and pour them with soy sauce.
3. Add finely chopped garlic and cabbage inflorescences without leaflets and hard stems.
4. Dilute the tomato with water, lightly salted and season with a mixture of ground peppers.
5. Fill the multicooker contents with the tomato mixture and turn it on for one hour in the “Quenching” mode.
Cauliflower in a slow cooker: a recipe with steamed sausages
• half a kilo of frozen cauliflower or freshly blanched inflorescences;
• 70 gr. smoked bacon;
• two eggs;
• four spoons of 15% sour cream;
• 80 gr. “Kostroma” or “Poshekhonsky” cheese;
• sausages in a natural casing;
• two spoons of any non-aromatic vegetable oil;
• 200 ml of pasteurized 3.2% milk.
1. Put the cabbage inflorescences, without defrosting, put them in the cooking pot with oil poured into it.
2. On top of it, evenly spread the brisket cut into thin strips. Fill everything with milk mixed with sour cream, egg and salt and sprinkle with coarsely grated cheese.
3. On each sausage, make shallow longitudinal cuts from four sides and place them in a steam container installed on the cooking bowl.
4. Close the appliance lid and turn on the “Baking” option for 40 minutes.
5. After stopping the process, remove the steam container with sausages, and leave the casserole in the bowl for another 15 minutes. She should be good at gripping.
6. Cool the casserole gently with a spatula, right in the bowl, divide into portions and put into slightly warmed plates. Next to each piece, put sausages sliced into thin ringlets.
Cauliflower in a multicooker: recipe for air casserole with minced meat
• a pound of mixed lean meat;
• 450 gr. frozen cauliflower (inflorescences);
• 150 ml of drinking, without additives, yogurt;
• sweet Bulgarian pepper - 2 perchins;
• two large onions;
• three eggs;
• one glass of semolina;
• seasoning “For vegetables”;
• A spoon of quality margarine.
1. Defrost the cabbage beforehand. Do Perchin cut the stem, select all the seeds and cut the pulp into large chunks.
2. Put the prepared vegetables in a bowl, add the onion and crushed garlic, chopped into large slices. Well perebite all blender and let the vegetable mass stand for five minutes. Then gently drain all excess liquid.
3. Pour into the vegetable puree semolina, add large chips of carrot, yogurt. Mix thoroughly and leave for a quarter of an hour to the croup swelled. 4. Then, according to your taste, add “For vegetables” seasoning, pepper and season with salt.
5. Mash the raw minced meat well with a fork and mix it with the vegetable mixture.
6. Slightly soften the grease with a well grease the bottom and sides of the cooking bowl, sprinkle them with semolina.
7. Pour the vegetable mixture into the cooking vessel and turn on the appliance in “Multipovar” mode at 125 degrees for one hour.
8. The casserole turns out very lush and tender. Remove it from the bowl should be only after complete cooling.
Cauliflower in a multivariate: baked cabbage recipe with minced meat
• cauliflower - kilogram head;
• lean meat minced meat - 350 gr .;
• mayonnaise 45% fat - 5 tbsp. l .;
• a small slice of white bread;
• two eggs;
• spoon of starch;
• pinch of granulated sugar;
• ground paprika - 0.5 tsp;
• Kostromskoy cheese - 100 gr.
1. Pour half a liter of warm water into the cooking vessel. Place a steam container and place disassembled inflorescences in it. When you disassemble the head, do not cut the thick stems, remove only the stalk and leaflets.
2. Soak 15 minutes in “Steaming” mode, then put the inflorescences out of the steam container and dry well on a towel.
3. On a medium grater, rub the onions and shift the gruel to the minced meat.
4. Soak the breadcrumbs in water for 10 minutes. Then squeeze well and put to the stuffing.
5. Add a small pinch of ground pepper, break one egg, lightly salt and knead well.
6. At the bottom of a moistened bowl of oil with neat slides, lay the mince and stick the dried cauliflower inflorescences into it, forming a head of cabbage.
7. In a small bowl, break the remaining egg, add starch. Add a small pinch of granulated sugar, paprika, mayonnaise. Pour the grated large cheese and whisk well.
8. Carefully brush the mixture of inflorescences inserted into the stuffing.
9. Cook for 50 minutes in baking mode under the lid.
10. Put the prepared dish with a wide spatula on a large shallow plate and cut into portions.
Cauliflower stew in a slow cooker: recipe with champignons
• fresh or frozen champignons - 200 grams;
• half a kilo of cauliflower;
• one large carrot;
• 50 gr. lean non-aromatic oil;
• three small tomatoes;
• Lavrushka - 1 sheet;
• a small bunch of young dill;
• one large onion.
1. Steam in a steam container and boil the cabbage that has been disassembled into inflorescences for 5 minutes and dry.
2. Chop the onion with a heavy knife, cut the carrot into a short and thin straw. Crush tomatoes with a grater or blender. The plates, thick in a match, cut the mushrooms.
3. Heat the vegetable oil on the “Fry” well and put onion and carrot in it until softened.
4. Add chopped mushrooms and dried inflorescences. Fry everything together until the moisture evaporates.
5. Pour in chopped tomatoes. Salt, pepper and mix well.
6. Set the timer for 50 minutes and turn on the “Quenching” option.
7. Sprinkle the prepared stewed cabbage when serving with finely chopped greens.
Cauliflower recipes in a slow cooker - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Caterpillars or larvae can often be found in the heads. To get rid of them soak for some time cabbage in a weak saline solution or plain water, they will float on its surface.
• At positive temperatures, cauliflowers are stored for no more than 10 days. For longer storage, pack its inflorescences in bags and store in the freezer.
• If dark stains appear on the inflorescences when stored at home, do not rush to throw away the vegetables. Just cut the damaged areas with a sharp knife.
• When blanching in a saucepan on the stove, add a little sugar to the salted water, which will accentuate the delicate taste of cauliflower.