Dishes from cauliflower, with due diligence and even a minimum of skills, are delicious. This is true for a lean or vegetarian recipe. Well, if you add minced meat to the pretty inflorescences, or simply roasted pork ... There are a couple of eggs and a bar of cheese? Then you can safely challenge professional cooks: to spoil such a dish - this is really difficult!
Cauliflower with Meat - General Cooking Principles
• Cauliflower with meat can be stewed, fried in a pan or baked in the oven. Regardless of the further method of preparation of cabbages, whole or disassembled, pre-blanch in boiling water. If this is not done, the taste of the dish will suffer, the pieces of cabbage will be dry and hard.
• The head is never cooked whole, it is carefully disassembled into individual buds, immediately removing the spoiled and cutting off the remnants of a solid trunk. Large inflorescences, it is desirable to cut into pieces, small - leave intact.
• With cauliflower you can cook any kind of meat. It is cut into pieces or twisted in a meat grinder, turning into mincemeat. Pieces of meat are pre-fried in hot oil and only then mixed with other ingredients, laying them in a certain sequence.
Cauliflower casserole with meat
• pork pulp - 400 gr .;
• 200 gr. “Dutch” cheese;
• 300 gr. cauliflower;
• two eggs;
• 50 gr. mustard
1. Clean the leaves from the head, disassemble it into separate inflorescences and boil in salted water for no more than five minutes. Then put in a colander so that all the water is gone.
2. Wash the pork, cut into large pieces and fold into a bowl.
3. Add hot mustard, pepper to your liking, mix and soak for half an hour.
4. Beat two eggs well with a small amount of salt.
5. Spread cauliflower inflorescences mixed with meat into the refractory mold with a non-stick coating. Pour egg mixture and sprinkle with large cheese chips on top. 6. Warm up the oven to 200 degrees and place the filled form in it for half an hour.
Cauliflower Stew with Meat and Vegetables in a Frying Pan
• small zucchini;
• medium sized carrot;
• 600 gr. lean pork;
• large onion
• 300 gr. broccoli;
• small cauliflower forks;
• 60 ml of lean highly purified oil;
• a small bunch of fresh dill;
• on a pinch of paprika, oregano, Provencal herbs and dried basil.
1. Carefully wash a piece of meat in plenty of cold water, blot dry with a clean cloth and cut into small short straws.
2. Broccoli, zucchini and cabbage blossoms cut into centimeter cubes, chop the carrot into small strips.
3. In a frying pan, warm three tablespoons of vegetable oil well, dip the meat in it. Over medium heat, not forgetting to stir, fry the pieces of pork. Do not let the meat redden. As soon as the juice stands out, put it out for another two minutes and add the cabbage. Then immediately add coarsely chopped onions, mix.
4. Add the carrot, mix everything well again and put the zucchini with broccoli.
5. Season vegetables with meat, spices, add seasoning and chopped dill. Salt to your taste, mix well and simmer over low heat. Do not forget to cover.
6. While stewed meat and vegetables do not need to add any water or oil, vegetables will produce a lot of juice. To the dish is not burnt enough periodically to mix.
7. After about 20 minutes, when the pieces of vegetables are soft, you can remove from the heat and serve. Do not stew for a long time, vegetable pieces will be boiled soft and turn into porridge.
A simple recipe for fried cauliflower with meat
• a pound of any lean meat;
• two small bulbs;
• 200 gr. sour cream medium fat;
• two spoons of refined oil;
• half a kilo of cauliflower.
1. Dry the washed piece of meat with a disposable towel and cut into square pieces, up to 2 cm.
2. Rinse the cabbage blossoms in cold water and place them in a colander. Chop the onion in small slices. 3. Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a wide frying pan and place on medium heat. When the fat is well heated, dip the onion in it and fry until it is amber. Move the roasted onions to a separate bowl, and into the pan the pieces of meat and fry it for three minutes.
4. Add cabbage, continue to fry all together for another 20 minutes. Pour in sour cream, add browned onions. Salt lightly, pepper a little and continue to cook, covered with a lid, for another five minutes.
Cauliflower stew with meat baked with cheese
• any lean meat (pulp) - 500 gr .;
• small onion;
• half a kilo of cauliflower;
• one large bell pepper;
• medium-sized carrot - 1 pc .;
• hard “Russian” or “Kostroma” cheese - 200 gr .;
• two spoons of non-sharp ketchup;
• fresh or dry herbs - to taste;
• for frying - non-aromatic sunflower oil.
1. From a piece of meat cut all the films and veins. Wash the flesh with cold water and cut into small, square-shaped, slices.
2. Medium grate the carrots, and the Bulgarian pepper and onion cut into medium-sized slices. Pepper can be chopped into thin straws across.
3. In one pan in vegetable oil, fry the meat, and in the other, save the carrots with onions.
4. Bulgarian pepper, cabbage inflorescences and onions fried with carrots add to meat. Season with ground pepper, pour a glass of drinking water or any broth, lightly salted, mix and put on low heat. Stew vegetables with meat until the inflorescences are soft.
5. After that, transfer the contents of the pan to a refractory dish, brush with ketchup on top, sprinkle with finely chopped greens and chopped cheese on a medium grater.
6. Place the container in a hot (180 degrees) oven and bake until soft golden crust forms on the surface.
Boiled cauliflower with meat and tomatoes
• small cauliflower forks;
• 300 gr. any low-fat tenderloin;
• bitter onion head;
• two large fleshy tomatoes;
• a bunch of fresh parsley;
• 6 peppercorns;
• spoon of baking flour; • olive or sunflower, highly purified oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
• half a large lemon.
1. In a large saucepan, boil water and dip into the head that has been disassembled in inflorescences. With a slight boil, boil for seven minutes, then put in a colander and dry well.
2. Garlic cloves and parsley, individually chopped finely with a heavy knife. Chop the onions into quarters of rings, chop the tomatoes into strips.
3. Cut the strings and films from the meat and cut them into short straws.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom and warm it well over low heat. Add the garlic and, stirring, fry for about a minute so that the oil absorbs the aroma well.
5. Put the pieces of meat to the garlic, it should roast on each side to a soft blush.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and onions. Simmer on low heat for at least 20 minutes, add parsley, season with spices.
7. Add flour diluted with freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix well, bring to a boil.
8. Put the boiled cauliflower into the cooked meat sauce and mix gently to avoid damaging the inflorescences. Then cook the dish at minimum heat for a minute and remove from the stove.
Baked cauliflower with meat (minced meat)
• small cauliflower head;
• sour cream 20% fat - 4 tbsp. l .;
• 20 gr. creamy “traditional” butter;
• 80 gr. hard cheese "Kostroma";
• 600 gr. minced meat stuffing;
• 50 gr. smoked bacon;
• one egg;
• medium onion;
• sunflower oil;
• ground paprika - to taste.
1. Disassemble the cabbage into individual florets thoroughly, rinse and dip in boiling water. Boil on low heat for up to three minutes, then move to a colander and leave to cool.
2. Cut the garlic and onion into small pieces, cut the bacon into cubes.
3. Heat the vegetable oil, dip the bacon in it and fry the pieces well over medium heat. Bacon should be well browned and not burnt, so often stir the pieces during the frying process.
4. Add the onion, immediately lightly salt it, fry until light golden brown. When the onion slices start to get an amber shade, add a little sugar, literally a small pinch. 5. Sprinkle garlic, fry everything together for less than a minute and remove from heat, cool.
6. Stir fry mix with minced meat. Season with ground pepper, add paprika, lightly salt. Beat the egg into the mince and knead well.
7. With a piece of butter, grease the bottom and walls of the heat-resistant form well.
8. Shape minced meat and place in prepared form. Blanched cabbage blossoms should be gently inserted into the meat ball, trying to distribute them symmetrically over the surface. The result should be a billet resembling a solid head.
9. Add a little salt to sour cream, mix and well grease the dish with it, sprinkle with paprika.
10. Put the form in the heated oven and leave to bake for 50 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. Five minutes before readiness, sprinkle finely shabby cheese on the “head”.
11. Let the prepared dish stand for a quarter of an hour on the table, then gently drain all the liquid from the mold and cut the “head” into portions.
Cauliflower with meat - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Disassemble the head in the inflorescence head will be much easier if boil it at a moderate temperature for about five minutes. After this additional blanching is not required.
• In inflorescences often live small pests. To get rid of them, fill the head with a weak salt solution, and the living creatures will go away.
• To maximize the juiciness of any dish cooked with cauliflower and meat, add inflorescences to the pan immediately after steaming the meat juice or a couple of minutes before.
• If you add a spoonful of sugar to the water during blanching, the cabbage will not only not darken with further preparation, but will also become much tastier.