Everyone knows what pasta is. This is the famous Italian spaghetti. Who, and the Italians know a lot about them! To date, there are hundreds of recipes for cooking a world-famous delicacy, and one of them is pasta carbonara, the “star” of our celebration.
Pasta carbonara - general principles and methods of preparation
Pasta carbonara (or rather, pasta a la carbonara) is the “guest” who came to us from far away Italy, which is a spaghetti dish with roasted bacon slices under a cheese-egg sauce. However, this is a classic, Italian version of cooking pasta carbonara. In many countries, it is often for the flavor that fatty cream is added to the sauce. Components such as garlic, pepper and other spices are optional and are added as desired. Nobody forbids to enrich the dish with favorite ingredients, slightly complementing the classic composition - after all, we are not Italian cooks!
Plus pasta carbonara is not only amazing taste, but also the speed of cooking! As a rule, thin slices of bacon are fried in a matter of minutes, and pasta is boiled even faster. The main rule that should be followed is that pasta should never be digested! It is best, as the Italians say, to serve spaghetti a little undercooked! In the preparation of cheese and egg sauce is also no big deal. The basis for it are eggs and cheese. The sauce does not need to be cooked, and all that is needed is to fill them with hot spaghetti, mix and wait a couple of minutes for it to “get stronger” from the heat of the fragrant pasta.
Pasta Carbonara - Food Preparation
At home, pasta carbonara is made from real spaghetti, guanchiale (salted pork jowl), chicken yolks, and also Parmesan cheese and pecorino romano, made on the basis of sheep milk. Fortunately, spaghetti can be purchased at almost any food outlet. As for the Italian pork cheek, it is permissible to replace it with smoked bacon, and cheeses vary according to their own taste. Pasta Carbonara - the best recipes
Recipe 1: Italian pasta carbonara
Type of recipe is as close to the classic, but at the same time - successfully adapted to our kitchen. The dish is prepared very quickly, it turns out useful, tasty, nourishing and at the same time gentle for the figure. After all, spaghetti is a product made from coarse wheat varieties (this is not at all bad, just the opposite). In general, try to cook a real classic Italian pasta, you will not regret!
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 240 gr. spaghetti
- 8 gr. salt, ground pepper
- 160 gr. pork breast, cheek or bacon
- nine egg yolks
- 80 gr. Parmesan
- for decorating parsley leaves
1. Cut the pig base into small cubes (slices) and fry in olive oil. Then lay out on a paper towel, which will absorb excess fat.
2. Put the boil water in a saucepan. As long as it boils, make the sauce. To do this, separate the yolks, whip them with a whisk (not with a mixer) until light yellow with a pinch of salt, then add finely grated Parmesan and whip again.
3. There we also send chopped parsley leaves (without stems). Our egg-cheese sauce is ready. Boil long macaroni whole, without breaking, about seven minutes crumple from the moment of boiling and mix them with pieces of pork, add two or three tablespoons of olive oil and quickly, until cold, pour sauce.
4. Stir, close the lid for five minutes, set on a very small fire, and then arrange the dish on plates, decorating with parsley leaves.
Recipe 2: Carbonara Paste with Cream
Many Italian chefs do not add cream to carbonara paste. Since you and I are not Italians, you must cook spaghetti with cream sauce. By the way, it is better for this business to get rich cream, and also whisk with a whisk until a half-mass is obtained, and only then mix it with grated cheeses. Ingredients:
- 200 gr. spaghetti
- 150 gr. smoked ham
- 20 gr. Parmesan
- 20 gr. any hard cheese
- 100 gr. onions
- 150-200 gr. heavy cream
- 20 gr. unsalted butter
- to taste salt, pepper, spices
- vegetable oil (preferably olive)
1. Peel, finely chop the onion. In the tank for frying, mix the butter (butter and vegetable), melt it, put the onion and fry it until transparent (do not bend the stick).
2. Cut the ham and put it on another frying pan, adding a bit of butter. Fry until cooked. We spread on the surface of the paper towel to absorb excess fat.
3. Put, with salt, boil water (about two liters). Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. In a container with onions lay out the pieces of ham, pour the cream, mixed with grated cheese, add the necessary seasoning, salt. Mix and slightly hold on low heat. Mix the sauce with spaghetti and lay the carbonara paste on plates.
Recipe 3: Pasta carbonara in a multi-cooker “in Russian”
Pasta carbonara is a healthy dish in itself. But if it is cooked in a slow cooker, it will be twice as valuable for its food quality. So, each housewife in the kitchen has its own miracle device (brand, power, etc.), in which she is well oriented, so the numerical values and figures below will indicate the approximate. Spaghetti in the process of cooking will have to break, otherwise they will not enter the multicooker container.
- 250 gr. spaghetti
- 250 gr. smoked ham (bacon)
- three cloves of garlic
- 250 ml of 30% cream
- two table. spoons of spicy ketchup
- 150 gr. Parmesan
- salt, basil
- olive oil
1. Chop the uncooked smoked ham into thin strips. Fry it in the cartoon, using the “Baking” mode (approximately) for about ten minutes. Garlic skip through the press and add it to the ham. Fry a couple of minutes. 2. Then add cream, seasoning, ketchup, salt, mix and bring the mass to a thickening (the mode is the same - baking). When the sauce has the desired consistency, add the grated Parmesan. Stir.
3. Top with spaghetti and fill them with boiling water (enough to cover the pasta, not more). Close the lid and wait until the pasta is softened (the “Baking” mode continues to work). Then we mix everything, we transfer to the “Pilaf” mode. We wait.
4. After the signal, we get pasta, spread it in a deep dish, sprinkle with a layer of grated cheese, decorate with greens if desired and enjoy! As the Italians say - Bon appetit!
Pasta Carbonara - tips from experienced chefs
- Experienced chefs from Rome advise shading a dish with high-quality red wine. Just a few drops, which are added in the process of roasting the cheek (or bacon), and the dish will get a truly unique taste;
- In order to make the carbonara paste more saturated, several types of cheese should be used for the sauce (in Italy at least two types are used);
- From the purchase of spaghetti is best to choose the twelfth number - pasta with a round section;
- For cooking pasta carbonara, it is advisable to use olive oil.