Canned tomatoes are one of the most sought-after blanks. They can be used for filling soups, preparing sauces, stewing meat and vegetables, served as an independent snack. Tomatoes in tomato paste can become table decorations. It is much easier to make such a preparation than tomatoes in its own juice, but it will look just as appetizing, and its taste will not disappoint you either.
Making tomatoes in tomato paste for the winter is not the most difficult task. Even in the complete absence of culinary experience, the goal is achievable, you just need to know and take into account a few points.
- Canned tomatoes in tomato paste can be whole or sliced. They will not lose shape only if they are dense. Overripe and spoiled fruits for canning in tomato paste are not suitable.
- Tomatoes are not considered to be whimsical vegetables, banks rarely explode with them, but if sanitary requirements are neglected when preparing them for the winter, this trouble will surely occur. Tomatoes need to be washed well, the dishes too. Banks under the tomatoes in tomato paste should not only be washed, but also sterilized. You can refuse this manipulation if the recipe for preparing a snack provides for its sterilization directly in banks.
- The lids of the cans also require sterilization. To this end, they are subjected to boiling. Close the canned metal lids, ensuring tightness, plastic will not fit.
- When canning whole vegetables, they are pierced in several places in the stalk area with a wooden toothpick. This allows you to maintain the integrity of the fruit and provides the best soaking them with marinade.
- If you intend to close up tomatoes of different sizes for the winter, you will have to put them in different banks. Vegetables of approximately the same size and degree of maturity should be in the same jar, otherwise the marinade is soaked unevenly.
- Various spices and spices are often added to the tomato paste marinade, the taste of the finished dish depends on their set and proportions.
- After seaming, banks with tomatoes are recommended to be placed upside down and covered with a blanket. Cooling in the conditions of a steam bath, they are subject to additional conservation, thereby increasing their resistance to adverse storage conditions.
Like any other canned food, tomatoes in tomato paste are recommended to be stored in a cool room. However, at room temperature, they will remain excellent.
Tomatoes in tomato paste for the winter with sterilization
Composition (3 liters):
- tomatoes - 1, 8 kg;
- tomato paste - 0, 5 l;
- water - 1 l;
- salt - 20 g;
- sugar - 20 g.
- Wash the tomatoes, let them dry. Knock a toothpick.
- Wash, sterilize jars. Boil the lids suitable for them (screw or roll up key).
- Spread the fruits in cans.
- Put the tomato paste in the pan, dilute it with water. Add salt and sugar, stir. If you use the store tomato paste, which already contains salt and sugar, the amount of these components can be reduced by half.
- Put the diluted tomato paste on the fire, bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes.
- Fill the tomatoes with hot sauce, cover the jars with lids.
- At the bottom of a large pot, lay a towel, put a jar of tomatoes on it.
- Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the cans.
- Put the pan on the stove, bring the water to a boil over low heat.
- Sterilize canned food in boiling water for 10 minutes, if the cans are liter, 20 minutes are three-liter.
- Remove the jars from the pan, tighten tightly.
- Turning the jars, wrap them with a blanket and leave them for a day.
After a specified time, banks with tomatoes can be moved to a place of permanent storage. If you do not want to bother with sterilization, tomatoes can be prepared using the double pour method described in the following recipes.
Sweet tomatoes in tomato paste for the winter without sterilization
Composition (3 liters):
- tomatoes (medium-sized) - 2 kg;
- tomato paste - 0, 5 l;
- sugar - 60-80 g;
- salt - 20 g;
- water - about 1 l;
- ground cinnamon - 5 g.
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Wash vegetables, chop them in the stalk area.
- Spread the fruits in prepared cans.
- Boil water (its quantity is not indicated in the recipe, we are talking about other water, it will take about 1, 5 l).
- Pour boiling water over tomatoes. To the banks do not burst, under them you can put a knife blade.
- Cover the jars and leave them for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the cans.
- Cook a marinade with a liter of water, tomato paste, salt, sugar and cinnamon. It must be boiled for 5 minutes.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes.
- Roll up the cans. Turn them over, wrap them up and leave to cool.
Delicate and fragrant tomatoes with a harmonious sweet-sour taste are unlikely to leave you indifferent. Store them at room temperature.
Sliced tomatoes for the winter in tomato paste with vinegar
The composition (1, 5 l):
- tomatoes - 1-1, 2 kg;
- water - how much will go into the jar;
- tomato paste - 0, 25 l;
- sugar - 80 g;
- salt - 10 g;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- parsley - 2-3 sprigs;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 15-20 ml.
- Prepare jars and lids - wash and sterilize.
- Wash tomatoes, let them dry. Cut the fruit into large slices, remove the seals in the stalk area. For this recipe, suitable fruits of medium size, dense, slightly immature.
- At the bottom of each jar, place a clove of garlic and a sprig of parsley.
- Fill the jars with tomato slices.
- Boil water, pour boiling water over tomatoes, leave them for 15 minutes.
- Pour the liquid from the cans into the pan, mix with the tomato paste, sugar and salt.
- Bring the marinade to a boil, boil it for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar into the jars, then pour the tomatoes with hot marinade.
- Hermetically seal the cans. Leave them to cool upside down under a warm blanket.
After the banks have cooled, they can be moved to the pantry or other room where you store supplies. Special storage conditions made according to this recipe can not be required.
Based on the above recipes for tomatoes in tomato paste, you can create your own recipe for snacks. It is only important to comply with the technology and try not to greatly change the ratio of water, tomato paste, sugar and salt, as well as vinegar, if it is supposed to be added. But greens, spices and spices, you can add any. Especially well combined with tomatoes, celery, marjoram, allspice, paprika.