Pepper is marinated for the winter not as often as cucumbers and tomatoes, but it is no less worthy than other vegetables to be on the shelves of your pantry. Bright, juicy, fragrant, it can become a decoration of the festive table. Especially tasty and fragrant pepper is obtained in honey pouring. Housewives who at least once closed this vegetable in a marinade with honey make such preparations for the winter annually, often even preferring them to traditional canned food from tomatoes and cucumbers.
The composition and technology of making pepper snacks in honey pouring may vary, but the general principles remain the same, and, knowing them, even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task.
- You can marinate in honey both sweet and bitter pepper. Hot pepper is often closed whole, sweet - chopped into large chunks. If the fruits of sweet pepper are small, they can also be closed entirely.
- If you are marinating whole peppers, you must pierce it in several places with a toothpick or fork. Some mistresses prefer to incise the fruit near the stem and the tip. This is done so that the vegetables can better soak in the marinade. If you can preserve fruits that have a stalk cut off and seeds have been cleaned, there is no need to pierce them.
- Fleshy fruits are chosen for preservation, especially if they are planned to be cut into pieces. Peppers with thin pulp in the cooking process will become even thinner, it is unlikely that you will enjoy their use.
- Honey for cooking pouring choose natural, high quality, otherwise it will not only not be able to give the snack a charming flavor, but also will not ensure its preservation. Preference is given to fresh liquid honey. You can use and candied, but before that it will have to melt on the steam bath or in the microwave.
- Peppers in honey pouring can be made with and without sterilization. In the first case, close the snack should be in small banks of the same size. If the recipe involves cooking the pepper in the marinade itself, sterilization of the snack is not required, but still you should not use large cans: after opening the can, the appetizer spoils quickly.
- If the jars are not sterilized with the snack, they must be washed and sterilized.
- Plastic caps pepper in honey pouring closed only in case of storage in the refrigerator. If the appetizer will be indoors, only metal covers can be used to ensure tightness. Regardless of the type of lids used, they must be boiled before use for 5-10 minutes.
Usually such preserves are well preserved at room temperature, but sometimes they need to be stored in a refrigerator or in a cold cellar.
Peppers marinated in honey honeycomb
Composition (3 liters):
- sweet pepper - 2, 5 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- honey - 60 ml;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 0, 2 l.
- Peppers wash, blot with a napkin. Cut the stalks, removing them along with the seeds.
- Boil water, add sugar and salt to it. Boil 5 minutes after boiling.
- Put the peppers into the pickle and cook them over low heat until they are soft enough to be conveniently placed in jars, but remain strong enough to keep their shape.
- Mix vinegar with honey. Add to marinade, mix. Wait for the pot to boil again.
- Catch peppers and place them tightly in pre-washed and sterilized jars.
- Fill the peppers with honey marinade.
- Roll up the cans, put the bottoms up, cover with a blanket. Let the canned food cool in a steam bath, then they will be more resistant to adverse storage conditions.
Cold cans with snacks can be put away in the pantry or at any other place where you are used to keeping supplies for the winter. Pepper marinated in honey pouring can be used as an independent snack or as a basis for preparing the main dish - stuffed peppers.
Pepper in honey and butter pouring with garlic
Composition (4 liters):
- sweet pepper - 6 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- salt - 50 g;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- honey - 40 ml;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 0, 25 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 0, 3 l;
- garlic - 20 cloves;
- bitter peppercorns - 20 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 12 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 4 pcs.
- Pepper, cleared of seeds, cut into 4 pieces along, then across in half.
- Garlic cloves free from the shell, cut off the tips.
- Wash the spices, let them dry.
- Pour water into the pan, add salt, sugar, butter, honey and vinegar, melted to a liquid state.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, put the pepper in it. Boil it for 10 minutes on low heat after boiling the marinade.
- Wash with soda, sterilize jars. Boil suitable lids.
- Spread the spices over the cans. Spread the pepper on them, filling the jars roughly over the hangers.
- Fill the pepper with honey marinade.
- Hermetically close the jars. Turn over, wrap.
A day later, banks with pepper can be rearranged to the room where you plan to store them until winter.
Hot Pepper in Honey Pour
Composition (1 l):
- hot peppers - 0, 3-0, 35 kg;
- water - how much will go into the jar;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 0, 25 l;
- salt - 20 g;
- honey - 40-50 ml;
- spices (cloves, cinnamon, allspice) - to taste.
- Wash the pepper pods, let them dry, puncture in several places with a toothpick.
- Put clean spices on the bottom of the sterilized jar.
- Place the hot pepper pods in the jar as tightly as possible.
- Boil the water, pour the peppers. Let them stand in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Pound honey with salt, add vinegar to them, stir.
- Fill the peppers with the prepared composition. If there is room left in the bank, add boiling water.
- Close the can with the prepared lid. Clean in the cold.
It is recommended to keep an appetizer prepared according to this recipe in the refrigerator or in a cold cellar, but some housewives dare to keep it simply in a cool room and claim that it does not spoil for a long time.
Pepper in honey pouring is an exquisite appetizer that can be closed for the winter according to several recipes. The preparation of these canned goods is not a difficult task, and if done correctly, they will not spoil the whole winter.