Pumpkin juice varieties are numerous.
It is combined with both fruit (orange, plum, pear) and berries (cranberries, currants). But one of the most optimal combinations is a mixture of pumpkin and carrot. And, oddly enough, this particular compound is recognized by nutritionists as the most balanced flavor composition, because the peculiar taste of pumpkin perfectly neutralizes carrots.
Both pumpkin and carrot juice are among the most healthy drinks to maintain good health. All this thanks to a variety of useful mineral elements and organic substances contained in them. In addition, their vegetable duet leads to a greater concentration of yellow-orange pigment - carotene, which, when released into the body, turns into well-known vitamin A. And it, in turn, is useful for the prevention of a number of diseases.
Such a delicious and easy-to-prepare juice from pumpkin and carrots will be left to very few people indifferent. And in cold seasons, it will also serve as the best way to strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body and improve it.
General cooking principles:
• Peel pumpkin, seeds and excess fibers, cut into medium pieces and, using a juicer (blender or mixer), we puriam. With carrots do the same. We finish the preparation of the pumpkin and carrot drink by mixing vegetable juices. Done!
• As a rule, mixing proportions are arbitrary. Carrot and pumpkin juice combine in the ratio of 1: 1. When mixing the listed vegetables with other additives, it is worth remembering that the taste of pumpkin will always dominate, so it can be taken a little less.
• If the pumpkin variety is too sweet and sugary, then you can refuse to add sugar.
• Especially carefully it is necessary to approach the choice of pumpkin. For making juice, it is recommended to choose a “nutmeg” variety pumpkin. Although it ripens last, its fruits are considered the most delicious and pleasantly sweet. Choose a smooth, undamaged pumpkin, without dents and with a smooth color. • Pumpkin ripeness plays a crucial role. It is not difficult to determine it: if the pumpkin is cut hard, it means that its fruits are already ripe. Another defining sign is considered to be hard and slightly dried fruit stem, faded leaves, bright color and matt coating.
Traditional recipe for pumpkin and carrot juice
• Whole large pumpkin;
• Four carrots;
• Pinch of citric acid.
1. It is necessary to carefully prepare the pumpkin for canning: wash, cut into two parts, peel, remove seeds.
2. Diced pumpkin is sent to the pan. Cook on medium heat for 30-45 minutes.
3. Peel the carrots and skip through the juicer.
4. Chop the boiled pumpkin with a blender until smooth.
5. Combine vegetable purees in a 1: 1 ratio, mix, pour in sterilized jars, tightly close the metal lids and leave to warm. Delicacy for the winter is ready!
Juice from pumpkin, carrots and dried apricots
• Pumpkin - 3, 5 kg;
• 5 medium carrots;
• Dried apricots - 400 g;
• Water - 4 liters.
1. Peel the pumpkin and carrots, thoroughly wash the dried apricots. All of the above ingredients are laid in a deep pan and filled with water so that they are completely submerged.
2. As soon as the water begins to boil, we continue to boil our “cocktail” already on medium heat for 2 hours.
3. From the boiled vegetables with the help of a blender we get a bright, fortified mashed potatoes with apricot flavor. If it is very thick, simply dilute with water.
Pumpkin and carrot juice with celery
• Pumpkin - 1 kg;
• Carrots - 4 pieces;
• Celery - 100 g;
• Granulated sugar - 150 g.
1. Wash the pumpkin, cut off the skin and cut into pieces of such size that they fit easily into a juicer.
2. Clean and cut carrots with celery.
3. We skip all the vegetables through the juicer at maximum speed. The pulp is advised not to throw away. 4. Then mix all the juices, boil with the addition of citric acid in a ratio of 3: 1. That is, add three liters of carrot juice to three liters of pumpkin juice. We put on fire, bring to a boil, remove the foam. Add a glass of sugar, stir and boil the juice for 2-3 minutes.
5. We spill on the sterilized cans, roll up the lids and turn them upside down. Leave it warm, let it cool completely. In winter you can enjoy delicious natural juice!
Carrot-pumpkin juice with olive oil
• Pumpkin - 1 kg;
• Carrots - 3 pieces;
• Olive oil - 1 teaspoon per glass of ready juice.
1. Clean and chop the recipe vegetables. To one part of the pumpkin add half of the carrot. In this recipe, we prepare a portion of juice per guest. We skip the vegetables through a juicer, mix in the same proportion and pour in glasses.
2. Add a teaspoon of olive oil (or vegetable) to the cup of the drink. This juice is perishable, so you should drink it right away.
3. You can decorate the juice with a slice of fresh orange or lemon.
Fresh juice from pumpkin, carrots and apples
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 3 medium carrots;
• Sugar - 100 g;
• One and a half liters of water;
• 4 medium sized apples.
1. Pumpkin thoroughly washed, peeled and laid in a saucepan. Fill with water and leave to boil until soft (cooking time depends on the type of pumpkin).
2. Using a blender, begin to beat the pumpkin. Then return to the gas, pour it with syrup (a mixture of water and sugar) and bring to a boil again.
3. We clean the apples from the seeds and cut them into quarters. Carrots cut into cubes. We skip them through the juicer and ship to boiling pumpkin puree.
4. Spill the resulting drink in cans and leave to cool.
5. After several hours, decorate the fruit and vegetable “smoothie” with fresh berries, fruit slices or mint leaf.
Pumpkin and carrot juice without juicers
• Kilogram of pumpkin;
• Carrots - 500 g;
• 100 g of sugar;
• Two lemons.
1. Carrots and pumpkin rid of the skin. Peeled vegetables are cut into several segments and skipped through a fine grater (meat grinder). Easily squeeze the juice and separate the pulp will help any other fabric that can pass moisture. Squeeze the juice with gauze. Squeeze a lemon here.
2. Add the resulting liquids to the enamel pan, sprinkle with sugar and set on a small fire.
3. Next, you need to bring to a boil and leave on medium gas for 5-7 minutes at a temperature of 90 degrees (at this temperature the pumpkin retains its beneficial properties as much as possible).
4. Having sterilized jars and lids for juicing for the winter, we pour, tightly close and turn the lid down. In this position, leave for an hour, covering the banks with something warm, to keep warm longer. Subsequently, we remove in a dark place.
Pumpkin and carrot juice in a slow cooker
• Pumpkin - 2 kg;
• Carrots - 6 pieces;
• Two liters of water;
• 500 g of granulated sugar;
• 1 tsp. Vanilla sugar.
1. Peel the pumpkin and carrot and place it in the multicooker bowl. Set the mode of "quenching" with the choice of product "vegetables". Add sugar and pour water to the brim, stir and leave to cook. The mixture of pumpkin and carrot is boiled down, usually in an hour, but here the power of your multicooker is important. Pumpkin should turn out soft and completely boiled.
2. Cool the vegetable mixture and grind in a combine (you can use a blender or mixer).
3. Once again cooked mashed potatoes are placed in the multicooker bowl, filled with water, in which it was cooked at the first stage, and left in the same mode for 10-15 minutes.
Tips and Tips:
• In order for the juice to be not only a delicious delicacy, but also a bright decoration of the table, young fruits of pumpkin should be chosen to give it a richness. They, moreover, are famous for their high content of natural fructose and carotene. • A pinch of citric acid will prolong the preservation of carrot-pumpkin juice for the winter.
• To serve the drink chilled, you can put in a glass a few cubes of pre-frozen orange juice.
• Lemon juice can not be added if apples are declared in the drink recipe. They will perfectly cope with the role of “acid”.
• Natural freshly squeezed pumpkin juice with the addition of carrots is considered most useful. After all, only in the absence of heat treatment, he will be able to preserve his healing properties to the maximum.
• If the juice is thick, it is correctable. Dilute it with boiled water.
Possessing the properties of hypoallergenic, pumpkin dishes are introduced into the diet of even the youngest children. But the pumpkin, like any product, has its own contraindications to consumption. If you have a tendency to allergic reactions, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (especially during their exacerbations), then the drink should be taken very carefully. It is best to consult a doctor with a clarification of how and how often you can take pumpkin and carrot juice for your illness.
Pumpkin and carrot juice is a harmonious duet. Their vegetable mixture will compensate for the lack of virtually all trace elements in the human body. A bright orange drink will undoubtedly beautify any holiday feast, increase vitality, help relieve fatigue, give a surge of strength and good mood!
Cook with us! Enjoy your meal!