The culinary experts say that Russian borscht does not exist, however, as well as the French pilaf or Chinese dranik. This is a national Ukrainian dish, but it quickly migrated to the Russian table. Often borsch is called soup, sometimes these soups are not at all different. Is there any difference between them?
Pampushka around the head!
Ukrainian borscht without pampushki, like an apple tree without apples. Miniature buns have long replaced bread. Traditionally they are cooked with garlic. And it is not necessary to add it to the dough. More often ready hot pampushkas are poured with a special mixture. And you can make them from any yeast dough in milk or water. If time is short, then it is kneaded on kefir with soda. You can even fry small pieces of dough in a dry frying pan, and then mix with the dressing.
What makes a gas station:
- vegetable oil;
- Dill or other greens.
It is important to water the hot baking, it will reveal the aroma of the dressing. In addition, this mixture softens the crust, very gentle donuts are obtained, which do not harden for a long time.
Lard and Garlic
Russian soup and borscht is made to fill with sour cream, now mayonnaise is often used instead. The Ukrainian dish is eaten with bacon and garlic. Very often it is cooked with cracklings. This is fried pieces of bacon. But also used for refueling special mass. It is added immediately to the pan or to the plate, sometimes served separately, used as a spread.
What makes an aromatic mass:
All these ingredients are chopped and ground together until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Now quickly and simply cook it with a blender. Lard can be used salted, smoked, boiled in onions or simply in brine. The filling is universal, it can be served to other soups.
Important! If the borsch is cooked for several days, then it is better not to add garlic and lard to the pan, the taste deteriorates when boiling again. It is better to put a flavored additive directly into the plates.
Such different beets
Borscht is different from cabbage by the presence of beets, it is no secret to anyone. It is stewed, pickled, fried and then added to the dish. Sometimes whole roots are cooked with meat, this method also has the right to exist.
Unlike Russian borscht, in which beet is a secondary ingredient, there is a lot of it in the Ukrainian dish.
Buryak, this is the name of a vegetable, is introduced not only for color. He gives his taste. Often it is shaded and strengthened with acid (vinegar, lemon juice), it also helps preserve color.
Up to 2-3 pieces of beets can be put on a borscht saucepan of 5 liters, it all depends on its size. You can't spoil Ukrainian borscht with this vegetable.
Potato and cabbage: yes or no
Ukrainian borscht is often cooked without cabbage.
In Russia, it is an obligatory ingredient, the amount of which sometimes exceeds the mass of all other vegetables. Moreover, in some regions of the country borscht is cooked only with sour (pickled) cabbage, sometimes two types of this vegetable are mixed.
As for the potato, it is almost always in the recipes, it can only differ in the way of laying.
In Ukraine, several whole potatoes are prepared; they are laid before other ingredients.
After cooking, take out and grind, return to the pan. This technique allows you to get rich and nutritious broth. No translucent borscht that is served in Russian canteens, nutritionally, this dish does not compare. Often there is a spoon, in the most direct meaning of this expression.
Broth: the basis of any borscht
Real Ukrainian borsch is cooked in a rich and heavy broth. On average per liter is from 200 grams of meat. Used pork or beef on the bone. Rarely replaced by a bird. This is not a light dish for the stomach. Boil the meat with the addition of carrots, onions. After cooking the broth is filtered, the meat is robbed from the seed, returned to the soup.
Russian borsch is often cooked on the water at all, lean and dietary options are very popular with the population.
There are also recipes with fish and chicken broth. Rarely, but also have the right to the existence of borscht with mushrooms, beans, sprat in tomato. In the national Ukrainian cuisine, they are not found.
How to cook borsch in Ukraine
Russian soup is a simple filling soup. It is prepared according to the classical technology: broth is boiled, vegetables are thrown at the end and red browning is introduced. Ukrainian national dish has a slightly different technology.
- 500 g of beets;
- 400 g of cabbage;
- 400 g potatoes (4 pieces);
- 2 onions;
- 2.5-3 liters of meat broth;
- 100 g fresh fat;
- 50 g salted bacon;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 4 spoons of butter;
- 2 spoons of tomato paste;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 1 spoon of sugar;
- 10 g yeast;
- 320 g flour.
- We make a rich broth with roots and onions, filter, cut the meat into slices. Put the decoction on the stove, bring to a boil, throw two peeled potatoes whole. Cook for ten minutes.
- Cut the rest of the potatoes into pieces, add them afterwards. Beets cut into strips. Heat half the vegetable oil and add the vegetable. Slightly fry, enter the tomato and soup ladle from the pan. Cover, stew until soft.
- Fresh lard cut into small cubes, fry. Greaves discarded. Fall asleep chopped onion, carrot, pepper. Just fry the vegetables, then mix with beets. Simmer together for 15 minutes.
- Shred cabbage, fall asleep to the potatoes. Remove whole roots from the pan, grind, return. Borsch salt.
- Give the cabbage to boil until soft, lay all the browned vegetables. Cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Pound the bacon and half the head of garlic, put it into the pan, stir it, return the meat and turn off the stove after boiling. We give the soup insist. Greens, laurel to taste.
- For pampushkas in a glass of warm milk, dilute the yeast with sugar, salt and knead the dough with flour. As soon as it rises well, after about an hour and a half, roll the balls. Let them rise on the baking sheet, bake in the oven.
- Mix half a head of garlic with two spoons of butter and the same amount of broth. Grind. Pour hot pampushki, cover with a towel.
If the borscht is tasty and nourishing, the head is spinning from the aroma, what difference does it make? Both in Ukraine and in Russia, housewives can cook this dish so that they drool.