Red borscht can be cooked in different ways, but beets are always put into it. It is this vegetable gives a bright color. To get a dish rich and tasty, you need to approach the preparation with full responsibility. Here are the best step by step recipes for red borscht for vegetarians and meat eaters. Let lunch be bright!
Red borsch - general cooking principles
• Broth. Red borsch can be cooked with meat, chicken, vegetable broth. It all depends on the selected product. On average, 500-800 g of meat or poultry is added from 2 to 3 liters of water. But you can always make less concentrated soups. Below is a step-by-step recipe for red borscht on water, that is, a vegetarian option.
• Beets. It must be boiled or extinguished separately. To maintain a beautiful color, add a little acid: vinegar, lemon juice, dry concentrated acid. It is important to bring the beets to softness before adding to the common pan with borscht.
• Vegetable browning. In addition to beetroot, separately roasted vegetables are added to filling borscht. This is usually onions, carrots, peppers, tomatoes or tomato paste.
• Other vegetables. These are potatoes and cabbage, legumes. They are not always put in the pan, but are present in most homemade recipes.
• Spices, greens. They add flavor to the dish. Some salt is added in the middle of cooking with vegetables, but the dish is brought to the desired taste at the very end. For aroma, garlic, greens, laurel, different types of fresh or dried pepper are put in red borscht.
Red borsch: a step-by-step recipe without cabbage
The traditional version of the first dish, which is not added cabbage. In the step-by-step recipe for red borscht, chicken broth is used, but you can take any other kind of meat or make a vegetarian soup.
• 1 kg of chicken;
• 2 spoons of tomato paste;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 4 potatoes;
• two beets;
• 1 tsp. vinegar or 2 tbsp. l lemon juice; • 50 ml of oil;
• a pair of onion heads;
• greens, laurel, sour cream and spices.
1. We wash the chicken or a piece of meat, we pour it into the pan, we immediately add one peeled, but not chopped onion, we throw the bay leaf, we put several peas of pepper.
2. Add about three liters of water to the pan, send to boil on the stove.
3. When boiling, you need to remove the foam that forms on top. After that, reduce the fire, cook with a weak, barely noticeable boil to the softness of the chicken. About an hour. If meat is used, the cooking time will increase to 2-2.5 hours.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, the broth must be drained from the onions and spices, remove the bird. Rinse the pot, wash off all the bloom from the walls, return the strained broth and set it on the stove, bring it to the boil again.
5. Cut the potatoes into large pieces, throw in the future soup.
6. Wash beets, peel, rub not finely or cut with a knife with a straw. Pour some oil into a saucepan, spread it, fry for a couple of minutes.
7. Add vinegar or lemon juice to beets, pour broth ladle from the pan, cover and simmer until soft.
8. Pour the remaining oil into an empty pan, put it on the stove.
9. Clean the second onion, cut into neat cubes, large pieces should not swim in the soup. Lay in the oil, begin to fry.
10. Rub the carrot, send to the onion, fry together almost until ready.
11. To the tomato paste add half a glass of water or broth from the pan, stir, pour into the pan with carrots and onions. Fry for about five minutes.
12. To the almost ready potatoes lay out the stewed beets, salt. Boil a couple of minutes.
13. Now lay out the vegetables with tomato paste, stir, bring the borsch to the boil.
14. We remove the fire and we torment about ten minutes so that the tastes of the ingredients merge, we taste it.
15. Chop the garlic and greens, add to the pan, stir and turn off. Cover, give the soup insist about half an hour.
16. Divide the chicken into neat pieces. You can remove the bones and use only meat. 17. Arrange the bird on plates, pour with red borsch, add with a spoon of sour cream. Separately, you can submit mustard, lard, rye crackers.
Red borsch: step-by-step recipe with cabbage and pork ribs
In this step-by-step recipe for red borscht, broth is made from ribs, but you can also get other parts of pork. The dish turns out very rich, nourishing and aromatic, it is cooked with fresh cabbage.
• 800 g ribs;
• 2-3 potatoes;
• 2 beets;
• 400 g cabbage;
• 2 onions;
• 1 large carrot;
• 2-3 tomatoes;
• 40 ml of oil;
• spices, garlic, sour cream, greens.
1. Cut the ribs, put in the pan, pour three liters of water, put on the stove. When boiling remove from the broth foam with excess fat, add the onion. You can throw one bay leaf and a few peas. Cook broth hour. As the chopped ribs are used, we will not remove them.
2. We clean the beets, chop small straws, lightly fry in vegetable oil and add soup ladle straight from the pan. In order not to lose color, drip a little vinegar or throw a pinch of citric acid. Stew under the lid until soft.
3. We catch onion and laurel, add chopped potatoes to the pan, throw half a spoonful of salt until this amount is sufficient.
4. Cut the onion, carrot, spread in a frying pan with warm oil. We pass to rosy color.
5. We wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and rub them so that the skin remains. We throw it away. Tomato mass is added to the pan to the roasted vegetables. Cook together for about five minutes, until the color becomes brighter.
6. Potatoes boiled for 10 minutes? It is time to fall asleep cabbage, if she is not young. If the vegetable is summer, then it will be prepared very quickly, so you need to fall asleep to the almost ready potatoes.
7. Let the cabbage boil for a few minutes, transfer the stewed beets first, and add the vegetables from the second pan after boiling.
8. Cooking red borscht on very low heat. Let him languish for about fifteen minutes. During this time, the vegetables will give the beautiful color of the broth, the meat is saturated with their aroma. 9. Now try to taste, put more salt, pepper, you can add any seasoning to the soup at your discretion.
10. At the very end we fill the first dish with greens. You can immediately add garlic, but it is better to submit it separately or mixed with sour cream, you get a filling sauce for borscht.
11. We set the finished borsch and give a little more time to stand on the stove so that it “ripens”.
Vegetarian red borsch: a step-by-step recipe with beans
In the step-by-step recipe for red borsch, beans are boiled. If there is no time, you can take canned beans from the jar. For borsch, ordinary beans will fit in their juice, but you can also take a product in tomato sauce.
• 120 g dry beans;
• 4 potatoes;
• 300 g cabbage;
• 100 g onions;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 tbsp. l pastes;
• 2 beets
• spices, herbs, oil;
• 1-2 peppers;
• fourth of lemon.
1. Wash the beans, sort and fill with cold water. It is better to do this the day before, so that the beans stand for at least 5-6 hours. After that, the beans are boiled faster, and harmful substances will also be released into the water.
2. Drain the fluid, add new water. Put the swollen beans on the stove and boil the beans to softness, but it is better not to overdo it. They should not crack and fall apart.
3. Clean the beets, cut into small cubes or strips. You can use beets. We spread in a small saucepan or in a saucepan with a heated spoon of oil, fry a little. Add 100 ml of hot water and squeeze lemon juice, cover and simmer until completely soft.
4. Pour 2.5 liters of water into the pan, put it on the stove. Bring the liquid to a boil. This is the future broth.
5. Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters, put in boiling water, start to cook.
6. Pour some oil into the pan, put it on the stove.
7. Cut the onion, spread fry.
8. Clean the carrot, rub, but not very finely, shift to the onion, fry together.
9. Cut the Bulgarian pepper, remove the seeds, crumble into small cubes and add to the vegetables. Cooking until soft.
10. Dilute tomato paste to a liquid state. You can grate a few tomatoes or chop a blender. Pour into a skillet, simmer for about five minutes. 11. As soon as the potatoes begin to protrude, but not yet cooked completely, add the chopped cabbage. You can make soup without it. Cooking until soft, prisim.
12. Put the boiled beans in the pan without liquid, again bring to a boil.
13. Add the beets, let the soup boil.
14. Now we lay out the red roasting with pepper, bring the borsch to the boil again, boil on a small fire for about ten minutes.
15. Pepper, salt, bring to the desired taste, refuel with fresh or dried herbs.
Red Borscht - Tips and Tricks
• Before boiling meat stir broth is not recommended, so as not to disturb the resulting foam. Otherwise, it will fall apart into small pieces, it will not work out, the broth will be muddy, and the soup will be ugly.
• Borsch is salty? It is easy to fix! Add the peeled potatoes to the pan, let them boil a little, then just stand. You can also tie some rice in a gauze bag, throw it in the dish for a while.
• Delicious borscht is obtained not only from fresh poultry or meat, but also from smoked meats. In addition, they do not require much time for cooking, laid together with potatoes in ordinary water.
• Vegetarian red borscht can be cooked in mushroom broths. It will turn out unusual, but very tasty and fragrant.
• Traditional Ukrainian borscht is served to the table with a special dressing made from garlic chopped with garlic. Often in it add various spices, greens, mustard. The fragrant mixture can be put directly into the plate or spread on bread.