Carrot puree - general principles of cooking
Carrots are not only a tasty sweet vegetable, but also a product that is extremely beneficial for the whole body due to its high content of carotene. This substance is the best medicine for the prevention of vision, Alzheimer's disease and even cancer. Best of all carotene from carrots is absorbed along with vegetable or animal fats, so when cooking a dish of this vegetable, butter or vegetable oil, cream, sour cream are a must-have additive.
Carrots are much more beneficial when cooked than raw, because heat treatment produces new chemical compounds that are beneficial to the body, and the amount of antioxidants increases to thirty percent of the total. That is why carrot puree is a healthy and important dish in the diet of both children and adults.
Carrot puree - preparation of products and dishes
The main component of carrot puree is carrots. Before cooking it should be well washed from the ground, using a metal brush. During cooking, the water will boil off, so you can pour a little liquid into the pan. After that, when the vegetable is ready, you need to grind it with a blender or mixer.
In addition to carrots, you can add other vegetables (cauliflower and broccoli, beets, potatoes), butter, hard cheese and soft cream to the mashed potatoes. Dilute carrot pulp to mashed potatoes is best with the help of low-fat cream, liquid, which was formed as a result of stewing carrots, sour cream.
Carrot puree, you can also cook babies from 6 months. In this case, do not add a lot of salt and spices in the slurry, and it is best to dilute the puree with natural milk.
For the preparation of carrot puree, first prepare one or two saucepans (depending on how many vegetable components will be included in the dish) or a saucepan where you put out the carrots, as well as an immersion blender or mixer.
Carrot puree recipes
Recipe 1: Carrot puree
This dish can be used for feeding babies aged from six months. Baby eat a dish of only a few teaspoons, so do not cook a lot. If you still have a little puree, it is recommended to use it during the same day. Store carrot puree in the fridge. Ingredients Required:
- Carrot 1 piece
- Milk 50 ml
- Peeled carrots should be cut into cubes and boil over medium heat until soft for half an hour.
- Remove the carrots and place in the blender bowl. Grind it into puree by adding milk and a small amount of butter.
Recipe 2: Carrot and Apple Puree
Another option for tasty and healthy baby food.
- Carrots 1 piece
- Apple 1/2 Pieces
- Milk 50 ml
- Wash and clean the carrots. Cut into cubes and put the boil in a pan filled with water for half an hour.
- Peel the apple, remove the core and cut into cubes.
- Place the boiled carrot and apple in the bowl of the blender and chop to a puree-like state. To make the carrot puree more rare, add a little milk to it.
Recipe 3: Vegetarian carrot mash
This dish will appeal to everyone who leads a healthy lifestyle or adheres to a vegetarian diet. The dish does not contain animal fats, has a low energy value, rich in slow healthy carbohydrates.
- Broccoli cabbage 200 grams
- Potato 1 piece
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Wash broccoli cabbage and disassemble into florets. Bake in a saucepan filled with salted water for ten minutes. When the cabbage is ready, take it out.
- Wash potatoes, peel.
- Wash the carrots and put them in a separate container together with the potatoes. After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes, after another fifteen you can remove the carrots from the pan.
- Place the vegetables in the bowl of the blender and whip them in a mash, pouring liquid from the pan, where the cabbage was cooked.
You can squeeze garlic through a press into the finished mashed potatoes and garnish with chopped greens.
Recipe 4: Carrot Puree with Beets and Cauliflower
Such a dish will turn out to be a bright appetizing color with a no less strong aroma and taste.
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Cauliflower 300 grams
- Beetroot 2 pieces
- Cream 200 grams (15% fat)
- Hard cheese
- Wash the cauliflower carefully and disassemble it into florets. Boil it in a saucepan filled with water for fifteen minutes.
- Carefully wash the carrots and beets off the ground and boil these vegetables in a saucepan. The carrots will be ready in thirty minutes, and the beets in fifty.
- Put the cabbage, carrots and beets in a blender and start beating, gradually adding cream to the vegetables.
- Grate the hard cheese and sprinkle on the ready carrot puree with vegetables.
Carrot puree - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Carrots will be equally useful regardless of whether it is steamed or boiled.
- If you make sweet mashed potatoes, then carrots go very well with plums, apricots, pears. Remember that carrots contain sugar, so you can not put it in the finished dish extra, mashed potatoes, and so get quite sweet.
- Serve the ready-made mashed potatoes, seasoned with sour cream - the taste will improve, and the carrot's nutrients will be more actively absorbed by the body.
- If you want to use your own carrot juice when preparing mashed potatoes, then cook the carrots as follows: put the cleaned and washed vegetables in a saucepan, oiled, and cover with water to the top. Simmer the carrots for about 30 minutes, turning the vegetable over, occasionally adding water. The resulting juice is added to the puree during grinding.